Day 15 of H/D slow burn recs: Aurors
In the Drarry fandom, there must be the obligatory Auror fic. This is probably what got me into Drarry in the days of LJ and Skyehawke where I lurked (this is my way of giving back, albeit 5? 6? years too late). I have two slow burn Auror partners for you:
Over the six years Draco Malfoy has been an Auror, four of his partners have turned up dead. Harry Potter is assigned as his newest partner to investigate just what is going on.
- tea and hoodies and curries
- confessions and tattoos!!
- clean offices
- lots of pining and pining and falling in luuuurve
- please just read it nothing I could say could do it justice
Draco is not good at Cards Against Humanity, but Harry’s not good at being human, so it all works out. Except for the explosions. And Harry’s inability to live when Draco’s not around.
- crunchy beetles in Lebanon
- Draco’s grandmama being a protective mamabear
- Luna the mind healer
- baby manticores
- a Realisation ™ and then lots and lots and lots of pining
- do Liverpudlians speak English?
- you shouldn’t need me to tell you to read this this is so so amazing
Other Auror non-slowburn recs: this could go on forever but my faves:
- @femmequixotic‘s A Private Reason for This
- @firethesound‘s Lift Your Open Hand
- @eidheann‘s No Time Like Christmas and And Back Again (Where You Belong)
- @letteredlettered‘s No Other Superstar
- @seefin‘s Highlands
- The Venice Job by nishizono (throwback)
- Stop All the Clocks (This Is the Last Time I’m Leaving Without You) by @firethesound (buy yourself a box of Kleenex)
- A Dubious Affection by TommyLane
Auror fics that have a lot of sex:
- It’s the Love of the Chase (That Created the Ride) by @lqtraintracks
- Rorschach by @gracerene09
- Higher and Higher (Temptation) by @birdsofshore
- Two Weeks by @shiftylinguini
- What Real Thing? by @l0vegl0wsinthedark
- Unbuttoned by @eidheann
- Heat of the Heart by @carpemermaidtales