A little reminder
Can we be honest about PMS for a second?
It’s brutal. Maybe it’s just me. It turns me into something resembling Satan himself and I absolutely hate it. All of my emotions are running around in my head like little chickens with their heads cut off while I’m a weeping mess.
If you’re anything like me, let me remind you of a few things tonight.
- You are not your emotions
- Those emotions do not equal truth
- It’s perfectly fine to cry. Even over stupid things. Even over nothing at all. It’s perfectly alright.
- You are not ugly
- You are not crazy
- This is not a forever feeling
- If the same jeans you wore yesterday aren’t nearly as comfortable today, you go ahead and put some stretchy pants on girl.
- Give yourself heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps of grace
Y’all, it’s tough. I’m reminding myself of these tonight as I cry over ice cream cake that wasn’t the flavor I wanted. I’m giving myself grace and you already know I’ve got those stretchy pants on. We’ll make it, girls.