Pokemon GO: Things to keep with you!
Pokemon GO is finally available. If you plan on playing for an extended period of time, especially if you’re not traveling by car that day, it’s probably best if you have a bag with you. My experience with location-based games has taught me to be prepared and I wish to pass this knowledge onto you; I’ve compiled a list of suggestions of things to keep with you!
Be mindful of the season, possible weather conditions, terrain, and any medical conditions you might have. Pack accordingly.
Here’s suggestions of things to keep on-hand:
- Water and/or refillable water bottles
- Portable battery extenders
- A light snack such as a pack of crackers or a nutrition bar
- Some sort of energy supplement (energy shot, caffeine pill, etc)
- Adhesive bandages / minor first-aid kit
- Over-the-counter painkillers
- Any prescriptions of yours you may need, including epi-pens
- Sunscreen and/or sunburn relief gel
- Bug repellent
- A pen
- A miniature umbrella
- A light jacket, scarf, shawl or other warmth-providing garment
- Disposable hand warmers
- A multi-tool/swiss army knife
- Extra deodorant
- A small face towel and/or moist towelettes
- Collapsible reusable bags
- Flashlight, if your phone cannot be used as one
- Appropriate safety gear for the place you’re going to
- For bikers: enough change to refill your tires with air and bike lubricant
- For people bringing pets: a portable water bowl and appropriate food amounts
- Nighttime players: reflective gear and/or blinking lights if you’re not playing in a well-lit area
Of course, these are just suggestions. Take what you feel is appropriate for your plans.