Will you still write OUAT essays in the future? I'd miss your metas so much if you decided to stop. (Do you remember what was the first OUAT meta you ever wrote? I'm curious!)
I think so, You’reTooKind!Anon– depends if inspiration strikes. It also depends whether I take the plunge and watch S7 or just lounge on a lawn chair sipping drinks with little umbrellas on them while fans run around with their hair on fire.
That said, all the love to my Anons but I think I’m not going to answer any more questions on the following topics:
- Golden Queen– It happened, it died, I don’t think it meant anything super deep to anybody’s character and I don’t think it’ll impact any Rumple/Regina interactions in S7. I hope they’ll go back to the frenemies/teacher-student vibe they had in S1-5 and especially 3A. Regina stomping around in an electric blue blazer and shouting: “What is this, AMATEUR HOUR?” is one of my favorite Regina/Rumple moments ever.
- CS TLK and the Lack Thereof– I don’t have any insight beyond “it’s weird” and talking about it makes my CS Anons stressed so I’m going to leave it at: “it’s weird.”
- Rumple Being an Asshat in 6A– Yes, he totally was; yes, he was leaps and bounds better in 6B; no, he’s not going to try any of that crap again or Belle will bonk him on the head with Her Handsome Hero and baby Gideon will throw a teeny-tiny fireball let’s leave on the high note.
- The Random Baby in the Rumbelle AU–I think it was the Author giving Rumple what he thought Rumple wanted: a family (including a replacement baby for lost Baelfire). Not sure if the AU!Baby was an actual baby yanked from another family or a magically-created baby; the AU lasted for less than a day real-time so no babies were harmed in the making of this finale.
- If S2 ended at “Miller’s Daughter” with the Death of Cora How Would You Get Everyone to Neverland?– Pan’s Shadow appears and kidnaps Henry. Hook gives Emma and co. a magic bean he found in his vest pocket and offers his ship and services and off everyone goes, including Nealfire and Rumple.
- Plot Holes in the S6 Finale– So many, you guys. I can’t fill them even in head canon.
- List of Plot Holes in the Entire Show– Sounds like an exhausting enterprise– but maybe some bright young thing will want to take up the mantle?
- Belle in S7– I think Belle will probably be back for at least an episode or two in S7, depending on scheduling; whether it’s a happy ending 2.0 episode or just random “missing years” shenanigans is a mystery to me.
- ‘Translations’ of EdR and Bex Mader’s Exit PR Posts– Nah, it’s pretty straight-forward. EdR played it professional and Bex made a direct appeal to her fans but otherwise they said the same thing; no hidden meanings there.
- I HATE THE PREMISE OF S7 I’M CRYING– Well, that’s a great reason to not watch it then, no? You control the fandom experience, here; if the prospect of episodes without your faves gives you palpitations, maybe watch something that doesn’t. Unless you want to hate watch, that’s cool too. I’m not going to judge until I see it and I might not bother seeing it. I am unattached; I am zen; I am a leaf floating on the– wait, wrong fandom.
Right now I’m watching “Generation Kill” as a palate cleanser to OUAT. It’s great but I forgot just how depressing David Simon shows are. Next up is Into the Badlands S2, The Expanse S2, American Gods, Twin Peaks Revival, and catching up on all the Flash/Arrow/Supergirl stuff I missed this season. Casual watching– what a concept! It’s refreshing.
Screwball Ninja’s Advice to Fandom