hey I haven't eaten anything in 3 days and yesterday has been the last day so I ate dinner and I have actually lost weight. today I'm planning on not eating then tomorrow I'll eat again so basicly I was thinking about eating a day and a day not. do you think this is a good idea? and how much weight will I lose? I'm 170cm 60kg
No this is a terrible thing to be doing. You’re destroying your metabolism, please stop this cycle and just eat clean and exercise. Losing weight isn’t worth destroying your body. Please talk to a doctor about how you can properly lose weight. They will be able to tell you how much you can/should lose and how to do so without destroying your body.
Please don’t take this advice lightly. Your metabolism isn’t the only thing at stake here.
Here are a few (but not limited too) things that may and will happen if you continue down this path:
- Mood swings and/or depression
- Thinking will become harder over time because youre starving your brain
- (if youre a female) could lose your period and destroy your chances of fertility
- Chronic Constipation, your digestive track works slowly resulting in not being able to poop as often and being bloated more often and for longer periods of time
- sleeping will become harder
- MALNUTRITION !!!!
- Slow metabolism (will make it harder to lose weight later)
- Under active thyroid hormone (causes hair loss/shuts down sex hormones/stress hormones rise)
- Low blood sugar
Some healthy ways to lose weight:
- instead of snacking on chips snack on fruit! any kind any amount
- feeling hungry? GREAT eat all the vegs you want. Google how to stir fry or just get a $3 bag of frozen vegs and go insane with the amount of possibilities (i love making stuffed peppers w/ quinoa yumm)
- replace sugary/diet drinks with water (if you dont like the plainess of water add a lemon!)
- Eat whole foods!! seriously this helps so much, eating less processed and more whole foods helps your body in so many ways
- Exercise but don’t over exercise!! your body needs to rest so it can heal and you can achieve more the next time you exercise
- Calories are not the all and end all of losing weight. 400 cals of fruits/vegs will benefit weight loss where as 400 cals of Doritos will not help at all lol.
I’m sorry if this isn’t what you were looking for but it is the truth. IT IS OKAY TO EAT, AND YOU SHOULD. Just make healthy choices and you will lose weight.
Please talk to a doctor about healthy ways to lose weight and/or tone your body and tbh you’re already at a good weight. If you want to tone up great! but please try to get off of this path of self destruction. You’re life is worth more then this. Losing weight this way isn’t worth all the side effects and long term damage it can cause. I only typed all this out because I care. I care about you and your health. I hope you can make the right decision and start off on the right path soon. Take care <3