this years holocaust remembrance day is very important, given the current political climate. take today to remember the horrifying acts committed against jewish and romani people. take today to recognize the beginning of those same acts forming against PoC in america today. take today to resist those in power however you see fit, and after today, dont stop resisting. i am a jew still personally affected by the holocaust even 2 generations later. every jew is affected by the shoah, but there is a special pain to know what happened to your own family. or worse, not knowing what happened to the unknown people you see in old family photographs. we as a people will never be the same. remember the holocaust today. dont let this happen again.
Fall Out Boy literally go above and beyond…like when an artist posts a mysterious video online or puts a date or changes their social media to blank squares that is seen as extra…but that isn’t enough for fall out boy no they have to announce music by MAKING FANS GO TO CINEMAS ACROSS CHICAGO TO FIND THE TEASER VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT
‘lesbian vilde’ has been a hot topic of discussion lately in the fandom and it’s definitely something i’d noticed/thought about while watching the show the first time around but i figured i’d compile a list of reasons/textual evidence from the show that stuck out to me:
1. vilde’s preoccupation with the idea of noora being gay/having a girlfriend in the first season.
2. vilde seeming more hung up on the idea of william (’he’s the hottest guy in school everyone says so’) as opposed to actually being attracted to him on a deeper level. everything about how she talks about william seems very superficial and it always seemed to me that, by pursuing william so aggressively, vilde was trying to create/maintain a certain image rather than actually being into william as a person separate from him being one of the ‘cool older guys every girl wants to be with’.
3. this is just my interpretation, but i feel like vilde wasn’t actually all that crushed about finding out about william and noora. i think her pride was hurt more than anything and she was upset that noora was keeping such a big secret from her but it didn’t seem like she was heartbroken over william.
4. vilde making out with eva at that party and seeming way more into it than any time we’ve seen her with a guy
5. vilde’s comments after making out with eva at that party
6. and this could just be me reaching but i’m going to include it anyhow - vilde’s love of cats. yes it was a running joke that ~magnus loves pussy~ (the cat hooker thing and then the cat hooker and his friends group chat) in season 3 but it’s interesting that we’re explicitly told that vilde also loves cats in the finale. i mean, we know they love their metaphors (isak’s locker = the closet) so i wouldn’t put it past them to subvert what they’ve built up with magnus by then applying it to vilde too.
7. and this isn’t textual evidence but definitely worth noting - julie andem’s very pointed ‘no comment’ when asked about vilde being a lesbian in a recent interview.
i’ve thought a lot about season 4 (as we all have) and i don’t think vilde is going to be the main (my gut feeling says she’ll be the main in the final season).
what i do think is going to happen in season 4 (regardless of whether the main is sana or even or whoever) is that vilde will be forced to confront and work through the compulsory heterosexuality that has guided her actions for the previous 3 seasons.
I think she and magnus will actually try dating but vilde will realize that, unlike william (who she knew never actually had feelings for her), magnus is actually into *her*.
there are so many stories in real life and in fiction of people who haven’t come out yet (even to themselves) crushing on people who they believe are out of their league or who will never like them back because they’re a ‘safe’ option.
i think that was a huge factor in the vilde/william story and i think that, in the new season, the vilde/magnus thing will be a turning point because suddenly vilde has this guy who’s attracted to her and likes her and she’s going to be forced to realize that - oh shit - she doesn’t feel the same way.
Please forgive me for what I’ve done to your masterpiece LMM, I just really wanted to draw a loyal as hell blue kid from a big family who always feels second best swooning over over a hotheaded, reckless orphan soldier with beautiful eyes
….but I went with Lance and Keith instead of Eliza and Alexander