Sarah Paulson wants a "cocktail with my sweetheart" to celebrate Golden Globes nod
- ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Congratulations! Are you exhausted right now or has the adrenaline kicked in?
- SARAH PAULSON: I’m only tired because the Critics’ Choice Awards last night had me out a little bit later than I expected, but now I’m on my way to the airport because I’m going back to shoot Ocean’s 8, so I’m tired, but in a good way. It’s a good kind of tired.
- EW: Where were you when you found out about the nomination?
- SP: I was in my bed. It was a little before I was going to have to wake up and get ready to go to the airport, so I was sleeping and had a nice phone call that made me very happy, and then I couldn’t go back to sleep because I was too excited. Then the phone starts buzzing and you want to reply to people as it’s happening.
- EW: You mentioned that you’re heading to work. Are you going to celebrate in some way today or do something special for yourself?
- SP: I hope so! I’ve got some traveling to do first but I’ll probably have a cocktail with my sweetheart by the end of the night if all goes well.
- EW: How did your sweetheart congratulate you?
- SP: She’s been calling nonstop since we’ve been on the phone, but I’ve been on the phone with you so I haven’t been able to speak to her yet. [Laughs] She’s in New York so she’s probably just waking up. She’s doing a play so she sleeps a little bit later. You know, I’m obviously up a little bit more early than I would normally be.