What are you not being told about global climate change?
We get messages about climate change almost every day. Most of them start with bad premises. I could only wish that the people who write to us and gripe about Conservatives destroying the planet would read this post first. These are the facts…
from Hot Air:
1) Through Halloween of 2014- The Global Warming Pause has lasted 18 years and one month. Heartland Institute analyst, Peter Ferrara, notes“If you look at the record of global temperature data, you will find that the late 20th Century period of global warming actually lasted about 20 years, from the late 1970s to the late 1990s. Before that, the globe was dominated by about 30 years of global cooling, giving rise in the 1970s to media discussions of the return of the Little Ice Age (circa 1450 to 1850), or worse.” So there was thirty years of cooling followed by 20 years of warming and almost 18 years of cooling…and that’s what the global warming scare is all about.
2) Antarctic Sea Ice is at record levels and the Arctic ice cap has seen record growth.Global sea ice area has been averaging above normal for the past two years. But to get around those facts, the global warming enthusiasts are claiming that global warming causes global cooling (really).
3) Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant it’s what you exhale and it is what “feeds” plants. Without CO2 there would not be a single blade of grass or a redwood tree, nor would there be the animal life that depends on vegetation; wheat and rice, for example, as food. Without CO2 mankind would get pretty hungry. Even worse the global warming proponents keep talking about population control because they don’t want more people around to exhale, and let’s not talk about what they say about stopping methane (no spicy foods, no cows, no fart jokes).
4) There is not ONE climate computer model that has accurately connected CO2 to climate change. In fact CO2 is at its highest levels in 13,000 years and the earth hasn’t warmed in almost 18 years. Approximately 12,750 years ago before big cars and coal plants CO2 levels were higher than today. And during some past ice ages levels were up to 20x today’s levels.
5) Even with the relatively high levels there is very little CO2 in the atmosphere. At 78% nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the Earth’s atmosphere. Oxygen is the second most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere at 21%. Water vapor is the third most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere; it varies up to 5%. Exhale freely because carbon dioxide is the least abundant gas in the atmosphere at 0.04%.
6) The climate models pushed by the global warming enthusiasts haven’t been right. Think about that one for a second. If you believe what people like Al Gore the polar ice caps should have melted by now (actually by last year), most coastal cities should be underwater and it should be a lot warmer by now. As my Mom always said, Man plans and God laughs. The Earth’s climate is a very complicated system and the scientists haven’t been able to account for all the components to create an accurate model.
7) You are more likely to see the tooth fairy or a unicorn than a 97% consensus of scientists believing that there is man-made global warming. The number is a convenient fraud. Investigative journalists at Popular Technology reported the 97% Study falsely classifies scientists’ papers, according to the scientists that published them. A more extensive examination of the Cook study reported that out of the nearly 12,000 scientific papers Cook’s team evaluated, only 65 endorsed Cook’s alarmist position. That is less than 0.97%. How did they come up with 97%? Well out of all the scientists who had a definite opinion, 97% agreed there was global warming and it was the fault of mankind. And how did the Cook folks determine which scientists believed what? They didn’t ask, they read papers written by these scientists and came up with their own opinion.
I would quote the entire article here, but I want to give credit where credit is due. Jeff Dunetz and Hot Air have done a fantastic job with this roundup of climate myths, and they have documented the sources incredibly well.
Definitely pass this one along to the alarmists on your Facebook newsfeed!
The climate has always been changing, nobody can logically deny that.
When you hear people say “We have to do something about climate change”, what are they really saying? They’re saying that if it gets too hot, then they will take all your money and freedom. If it gets too cold then they will take all your money and your freedom. They will make a big deal about any change in the weather or climate.
Lets not forget that global warming is a theory, not a science, and I believe the theory to be largely incorrect. There is far less science and far more corruption within the whole thing.
That said, I believe we have a responsibility to protect the planet and the environment, and I will support any reasonable regulations to do this. The solution can’t cost millions of jobs, trillions of dollars, and force us to abandon typical energy usage.
I haven’t discussed man-made climate change much since I made a tumblr so I’ll make some more formal posts about what went wrong with the whole thing. So look out for those in the coming days/weeks.
Denialists of global warming have taken to claiming that a drop in solar activity might actually lead to to ‘global cooling,’ after a report from the American Astronomical Society argued that we are entering a lull in the sun’s magnetic patterns. As usual, though, the science is against them. The last solar lull, which occurred in the middle of the 17th century and was dubbed the “Mander Minimum,” was “a tiny blip on the radar screen if you’re looking at the driving factors behind climate change,” says climatologist Michael Mann. The above image shows the temperature differences between the Maunder Minimum period and the predicted effects of the current solar lull. The conclusion? “A new Maunder‐type solar activity minimum cannot offset the global warming caused by human greenhouse gas emissions,” says a recent study.
Lockwood argues that during the late 20th century, the sun was unusually active, with the so-called “grand maximum” of solar activity occurring around 1985. But solar activity has decreased since then.
“By looking back at certain isotopes in ice cores, [Lockwood] has been able to determine how active the sun has been over thousands of years,” The BBC reports.” Following analysis of the data, Professor Lockwood believes solar activity is now falling more rapidly than at any time in the last 10,000 years.”
Based on these findings, Lockwood argues that there is an increased risk of a Maunder minimum; and a repeat of a “Dalton solar minimum,” which occurred in the early 1800s, is “more likely than not” to happen again.
“He believes that we are already beginning to see a change in our climate — witness the colder winters and poor summers of recent years — and that over the next few decades there could be a slide to a new Maunder minimum,” BBC reports, adding that harsh winters and cooler summers would become more frequent.