- Page 127: “What’s up, Tommy?”, Newt exclaimed, his face filled with genuine happiness at the pleasant surprise that’d been sprung on him. Thomas couldn’t remember exactly how long it’d been since the last time he saw Newt. “You look bloody fantastic for three in the morning.”
- Page 159: you were saying again? Teresa asked. He felt every morsel of her evil glee. That’s a really nice dance you put on down there. Don’t worry, I have it recorded, ready to show Newt and everybody else next time we get together. “Not funny!”, he yelled out.
- Page 172: Thomas jumped at the sound [of Newt’s whisper], then stumbled. Newt tripped over him, and then they were both laughing, legs and arms tangled up in a pile on the ground.
- Page 248: He found himself thinking of Newt, maybe the one he liked most of them, not immune.
- Page 326: I’m coming for you, Newt”, Thomas whispered, so softly that no one could possibly hear him.
I know this slipped out a little, but here, officially, is the cover for The Copper Gauntlet, Book 2 of the Magisterium series!!! As you can see from the cover, Call has even more problems than he knew about at the end of Book One.
It’s fun to be posting about this right now, because I am in France with Cassie, starting Book 3 of Magisterium. We have it about halfway plotted out and are both rubbing our hands together in evil glee whenever we talk about what’s coming.
And here’s the jacket copy (including definite spoilers for Book 1):
WHAT IF YOUR SOUL WAS NOT YOUR OWN? WHAT IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE DESTINED FOR EVIL?
Callum Hunt has returned from the Magisterium victorious. He is now a mage in his own right – a Copper Year student. He has friends; he feels at home in the winding tunnels of the mysterious magical school.
But Call hides a terrible secret.
His soul is not his own. His body a vessel for a powerful evil mage, wielder of chaos magic … murderer.
Salvation could lie in the Alkahest, a mysterious copper gauntlet. But it is dangerous object, with a violent history. It could destroy everything Call knows and loves …
And release the evil within him
THINK YOU KNOW MAGIC? THINK AGAIN. ENTER THE BREATHTAKING WORLD OF THE MAGISTERIUM.