So on John's blog he mentions a case where him and Sherlock shared a room for a case (The Speckled Blonde) are there any fics???
In relation to this case specifically, I don’t know… but there are plenty of “for a case” bed sharing fics! I am interested though to know if there are any fics related to the Speckled Blonde!!!
Here are some of my faves!
- Nothing Left Untouched by ForeverShippingJohnlock Prompt: Sherlock rearranges the flat. So what if John’s bedroom is now a research library. It’s not like John needs a bedroom, he can share with Sherlock. They’re friends and John has obviously slept in close quarters with men before and it’s not like Sherlock sleeps much anyway. It’ll be fine.
- 3:00 in the Morning is a Great Time to Talk by Aztecwarfareandcrumping - “Are you trying to talk your way into my bed?” “Obviously.”
- BBCSH ‘The Comfort of Company’ by tigersilver - It’s a trope that John and Sherlock end up sharing in the same bed eventually and I admit I do adore it unconditionally, along with all it infers as to the lowering of defenses and the heightening of trust. I put forth for your consideration that the notion persists because those who think about these things realize these two men are each in dire need of some good company.
- A Restless Pillow by CaffieneKitty - John and Sherlock share a bed, or at least they try to. GEN, Conversation-format.
- Baskerville After Dark by Ttime42 - John and Sherlock have to share a bed at Baskerville. PG-13. Gen, but can be preslash. Rated for swearing.
- To Sleep, Perchance to Smother Your Flatmate with a Pillow by Linpatootie (G) - Sherlock wants to conduct a sleep study of sorts. John contemplates smothering him with a pillow.
Part 1 of Two Coffees One Black One with Sugar Please (this whole series is amazing, and I love it so much).
- I can’t pretend by Salambo06 (E) They had arrived more than a hour ago, and the moment they had walked inside the hotel reception, John had understood why Sherlock hadn’t wanted to come. Two men, posh suits and expensive watches on their wrists, had come to greet them with sharp remarks and badly hidden mockery, and John had seen red. Sherlock hadn’t said anything, mostly ignoring the two men entirely, and without thinking twice about it, John had slid an arm around Sherlock’s waist and introduced himself as his husband.
- Everything by patternofdefiance (E) John wakes up with an armful of Sherlock. This – situation – is unusual, yes, and definitely unfamiliar, but in no way does it feel wrong. Rather, it feels the exact opposite.
- A Discourse on the Inadequacy of a Duvet by guns_and_poses (T) For a prompt: Sherlock keeps stealing the covers when they share a bed because he wants John to move closer to him when they are sleeping but of course doesn’t want to ask. John gets annoyed at first until he realises what Sherlock wants and is more than happy to oblige.
- Bed-Sharing Between Flatmates by testosterone_tea (T) 5 times Sherlock had an excuse to share John’s bed, and the one time he didn’t need one.
- A Terrific Soporific by antietamfalls (T) Sherlock, a long-time sufferer of insomnia, is forced to share a bed with John at a hotel while on a case. To his astonishment, he finds that spending the night next to John helps him sleep and becomes determined to maneuver himself back into John’s bed.
- Knotted by naughtyspirit (E) John has to cancel a date because of Sherlock’s case, which leads them to be tied up in a basement from which they have to escape.They get wet, get tied up close and John has to step up and save them.Because he’s pretty. And hot. And just a little bit of a BAMF. (This is one of my FAVOURITES so so much).
- Assurance by belovedmuerto (T) It’s not so much the ‘you’re half-dead, you wanker,’ or even the broken ribs, the hairline fracture of the pelvis, the dislocated shoulder and knee, and the wrenched ankle.
- So, this is normal for us now? by TooManyChoices (M) John and Sherlock have been sharing a flat, and a life for some time. This is a story of how the glacially slow movement of their relationship makes another agonising crawl forward another inch.
- A Love with No Name by aceofhearts61 (T) In which Asexual!Sherlock and Straight!John are platonically in love life partners.
- To Sleep, Perchance to…Cuddle by nerdyandiknowit (NR) Almost immediately after they got together Sherlock formed this dependency on John-he could not (or would not as John believes) sleep without John being there, in bed, next to him. Sherlock has perfected the art of molding himself entirely to John’s body. Every now and again John will attempt a Houdini like escape, but he has mostly resigned himself to the fact that Sherlock would use him for a life sized teddy bear. Well resigned isn’t really the word, and even though John will never admit it, he always looks forward to this time he gets to spend with Sherlock.
- Moonshine by CKLizzy (T) Sometimes, routines changed.—Sequel to “Nightfall”, second part in what is now a series that will explore how it goes on from this story and John and Sherlock’s new arrangement. Part 2 of Solace
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics by entanglednow (T) In which there’s no heating and there’s a dead owl in Sherlock’s bed. Part 1 of Thermodynamics (this whole series is really great, I love it!)
I know I’m missing a tonne more but those were the ones I could remember in my bookmarks on both Ao3 and FFNet. Feel free to add your faves and shameless self promos! Again, if there’s any “Speckled Blonde” ones, please link us! (’Speckled Band’ welcome as well!)