Witchcraft requires summoning and manipulating energy. It takes a lot of work. As a result, sometimes spellwork can end up tiring people mentally, emotionally, or physically. If you find yourself drained after a spell, you can do many things:
Eat something sugary, carbs, or fruit. This runs along the same vein as a nurse advising you to eat sugar after drawing blood: The sugar will reenergize you.
Drink tea or water. Stay hydrated! even when not casting spells. In general, oolongs, blacks, and fruity teas can help energize you, whereas green teas and herbals (especially lavender, chamomile, mints and rose) can relax you.
Light your favorite incense or candle. Frankincense, sage, cedar, dragon’s blood, patchouli, cinnamon, pine, and sandalwood are good cleansing and promoting positive energy. Or, light your favorite scent–it’ll automatically calm and re-energize you.
Carry a stone with you. Amethyst, citrine, obsidian, rose quartz, lapis lazuli, jade, and hematite are good considerations for re-energizing and healing spiritual energy.
…or, carry another special item with you! If you have a special pendant, prayer beads, necklace or other item that means a lot to you and comforts you, it can help restore your energy just by being in your presence.
Take a bath or shower.
Take a walk out in nature. Even though you may not feel like working out, exercising can actually energize you rather than deplete you. You can absorb nature’s energies to replenish yours, too.
Take a nap, or get a good night’s sleep. If you want an extra boost, place a healing stone under your pillow to recharge you while you sleep.
Watch a funny movie or video, or read a good book. It’ll relax you, take your mind off your drained feeling, and correct any “off” feelings you may have.
Work on something else that requires minimal energy. This could be crafting, knitting, watering your plants, or even doing your homework. Getting back into the groove of things will help reset your energy and stabilize you for daily life.
Friends! If calling a friend or socializing will relax you, go for it! It’ll make you happier, too.
I hope you may rest well, take care of yourself and have a blessed path! (◕‿◕✿) Sincerely, a witch who’s exhausted after performing spells for four hours.
Yuri on Ice Episode 9:
- most important thing first!! Makkachin is alive and well and we can all be happy again!!!!! :)
- Yurio’s grandfather actually combined Yurio’s two favorites?!?!? (pirozhki and pork cutlet bowl)
- Sala and Michele “broke up”
- Sala and Mila (love them)
- OUR BABY BOY YURI HUGGING EVERYONE?!?!?
- YURIO HAIR UP FUCKING BRAIDED AND THE COSTUME my little precious son has evolved into a beautiful butterfly
- Yuri missing Viktor and going through memories of him while skating
- YURIO BEING SUPPORTIVE SON TO HIS DAD YURI
- JJ being the king… again (Yurio hates him)
- Yuri speakin russian (a little bit)
- Yakov being suprised by Yuri’s performance
- YURIO BEING FRIENDS WITH YURI AND GIVING HIM A FUCKING BIRTHDAY PRESENT?!?!?!!?
- Yurio calling Yuri “pork cutlet bowl”
- Yurio being so proud of his grandfather, so squishy and smol!! just look at his smile!! so proud
- Emil being worried cuz Mickey screamed
- All of them blushing while being nervous (or in love *cough*)
- THE SCENE AT THE AIRPORT LIKE WTF!!!? Viktor and Yuri running while looking at each other and then the hug and hand kiss and the proposal and the proposal AND THE PROPOSAL?!?!?!!?
- “Please be my coach until I retire!” LIKE BITCH WHAT
- AND THEN VIKTOR’S ANSWER “I wish you’d never retire” BITCH YOU GONNA BE HIS “coach” UNTIL YOU BOTH DIE?! THAT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE MARRIAGE TO ME and of course that made Yuri tear up