That adhd post u made is blessed...but if its ok can you give any advice for like...homework? Im great with test cause i hyperfocus but hw is hell for me. Thank you!!
Sorry for the late reply!! ADHD made me put off answering this until I forgot about it, lol.
Homework is something I still have trouble with, even as a college freshman, so idk how much help I can offer but Here Goes.
- I like to listen to white noise when I do homework and study. Most people recommend listening to music but regular music does not work for me lol. I get distracted by the lyrics or the beat or something else, either way I end up zoning out. White noise meanwhile filters out outside noise while also not messing u up. Google white noise machines or other websites/apps that produce background noise to find your own thing!
- Get rid of all distractions. Turn off your phone and bodily put it somewhere else; another room is best, but you can also slam it into a desk drawer if you have to. I waste… so much time on electronics it’s… really bad. This goes for the laptop as well! If you can, try to avoid doing all homework on your laptop. I’ve found that writing essays by hand saves me more time than typing, just because I always go on tumblr otherwise lol.
- If you have to do homework on your laptop, save that for last just so you’ll get some stuff done for sure at the very least.
- Have someone monitor you. It’s a little demeaning but like. You gotta do what you gotta do. If I’m sitting near my mom or in a public place, I feel bad if I’m not being productive. Guiltshame yourself into working.
- I also sometimes show people what I have done. I’m a perfectionist so I feel embarrassed if I have sloppy or nonexistent work, so the ‘threat’ of having someone else see it forces me to get my best work done as quickly as possible.
- Some people really recommend setting timers. I haven’t personally tried it, but I can see how it would help. Try that out if you think it’ll help.
- I try to stay as organized as possible during the school day, because that helps me tackle work once I get back to my dorm. I try to do homework either by when it’s due (so class order), or by the amount of work/focus it’ll take (to make sure I’m still on my meds at the time). It also gives you more control over the situation, so I recc doing it.
I hope this helps!!