firstly, trust me when i say i think it`s great that seokjin stans are so quick to come to his defense and make all of these appreciation posts for him, it`s awesome to see all of the seokjin stans showing their love for their fave and i can appreciate that. but i also really think that you all need to take a step back and look at each members popularity objectively, yes, seokjin is underrated but he`s not underappreciated- he has a ton of stans, you guys, that will make posts about him and talk about him and just over all, be great seokjin stans, but namjoon doesn`t have that. i`m not here to make this some kind of popularity contest between the two of them, because they`re undeniably both the least popular members.
but i hardly see any namjoon posts listing the good traits he has- actually, i hardly see any namjoon posts in general. barely any gifsets, edits, fanfics, text posts- again objectively, from the tumblr side of things, namjoon has the least amount of notes, so that leads me to the conclusion that he’s the least liked member.
people are probably rolling their eyes in the back of their heads by now and screaming, “don’t guilt trip people into stanning namjoon!” but that’s not the objective here. i just want to let people know that it’s a bit of a stretch when they say jin is the under dog.
- he’s the only original member who didn’t leave and had to go through
the pain of seeing friends hate him for wanting to become an idol and
god knows he’s hated that for so many years
- his friends left one by one and he was left on shaky ground wondering if he’ll ever make it, having only himself and his great ambition to make it through and to his goal and he finally did it
- people from overseas know his name. they know his group’s name. he did/is doing such a good job with bts. he’s probably the one who gives them the most advice and listens to them other than jimin like everyone might believe
- namjoon also, despite not being trained to, keeps up with the dancing. his dancing has been improving. i’ve seen people congratulating jin for keeping up with the choreography every time but what about namjoon? i love jin so much, but i wish namjoon was given respect as well for doing something that he doesn’t necessarily love, so well
- people did so much shit to him… they said he was too ugly to be an idol, they criticized his dancing and laughed at it meanly, they called him names, they were happy he wasn’t in the perfect man performance because they thought he would’ve ruined it…
- he taught himself english.. and god, english is so hard for koreans. they learn a totally new grammar and new sounds. namjoon never mistakes the r’s which is admirable since mistaking those is usually so common in koreans who learn english
- remember when he got hurt/didn’t attend the performances for run? probably not but i didn’t see as many encouraging messages sent for him from fans as much
as i’ve seen for when the other members got hurt and it makes me sad. also when he still signed albums for the fans even with his injured hand eventually switching to his less dominant hand because he didn’t want the fans to leave without his autograph
- no one even thought the rat jokes, the lizard jokes, the death threats, his leaving the group jokes were too far. and yet he still attended.do you know how much bravery that must’ve took? it could have been a tragedy but namjoon put up with it
- also.. even though he’s the leader i legit never see anyone talking about how well he did at leading bts to success and to where they are now, i dont see people talking about how hes the person that probably solves all of their conflicts and problems, or how the song that HE PRODUCED!! is the one that got them their first #1…
- and not to mention when he spills his heart out and shares a lot of feelings in the fancafe, nobody ever gives a shit about it even when he talks about depression and loneliness. having no access to the fancafe is no excuse when we have several translation blogs. his posts about feelings and thoughts and experiences are always overshadowed by some other posts like yoongi’‘s storytime (which we love) or a maknae line selfie. i’m not disregarding the other member’s importance but namjoon’s posts are buried and never mentioned unless a namjoon stan brings them up
- when a fan told him she got his photocard, he felt the need to apologize for it?? he shouldn`t have to feel like he needs to apologize to his own fan for receiving his photo card, like it`s some kind of inconvenience??
- i`m sure he`s aware of the favoritism, there`s no way that he doesn`t know. there`s no way that he doesn`t know about how little fans he has, or about all of the awful shit people say about him. it`s near impossible to avoid seeing at this point because it`s everywhere, and it`s not fair that he has to see that shit because he doesn`t deserve it. he doesn`t deserve to have his own “fans” saying these things about him, whether they`re a joke or not.
- another little thing regarding the consistent praise for jin, power to y’all, and he definitely deserves the praise but he isn’t the only one!! why wont yall even CONSIDER realizing that namjoon… writes lyrics, raps, dances, sings, composes, produces, is a leader… .… .
- another thing, when will everyone stop sleeping on his masterpiece of a mixtape? you all nonstop, ask for yoongi`s mixtape (which we`re all waiting for, seriously) but we already have one, incredible, well produced mixtape out there for us to listen to. and not just in the meantime while we`re waiting for yoongi, but all the time. you can tell that namjoon worked incredibly hard on every song on the mixtape, but yet nobody gives a shit about it past talking about it briefly to keep up stan appearances. there was barely any recognition on march 20, 2016 marking his mixtape’s first birthday but i’ll leave that tea to turn lukewarm for yall
- lastly. where`s the love and appreciation for this song? namjoon is getting opportunities outside of bts for a reason. look at your oppas objectively and maybe you`ll realize that despite every other member being extremely talented, namjoon is also ridiculously fucking talented in multiple areas and it`s no wonder why he`s getting the opportunities that the others aren`t. he consistently puts out good material, whether it`s solo or in bts songs, and he deserves them. but yet i only see people complaining that it`s not their fave getting to do songs for soundtracks, or complaining that it`s not their fave getting solo opportunities yet. there`s a reason for that! it`s because he`s a great lyricist, great rapper, great producer and the best rapper out of the three (this is coming from me, actual full time Yoongi Worshipper.) and that`s not to say that yoongi and hoseok aren`t incredible in their own right, but namjoon has one up on them- he has experience that the both of them don`t and he knows what he`s doing. like.. .he got to feature in a song with YOON MIRAE of all people.. that obviously means something and yet nobody talks about it.
tl;dr at least jin stans wanna do shit for him, protect him, make countless posts regarding the “issue” and that`s all good, but really the issue lies within the under appreciation of namjoon. and if i gotta start the trend of making text posts to make people ~aware~, i will. seokjin having little lines or no acting gig yet doesn`t make him under appreciated, because he`s appreciated by all of his fans.. big hit/bts aren`t out to get him, they aren`t planning his downfall or conspiring against him for him to fail.. he`ll get his time eventually, but there are reasons why he`s not getting that time yet, did you ever think about that? whereas there`s no reason for namjoon to not be receiving praises and love from his own fans right now.
a psa by taeyeon and @pdnamjoon