Coffee Shop AUs, yes, good – but shouldn’t there be more Tea Room AUs?
- that one customer who complains about the under-baked scones and insists on examining the tea leaves before they’re brewed, oh my god, if he frowns at the clotted cream one more time and narrows those gorgeous green eyes of his…
- the baker who gets steaming mad when a difficult customer doesn’t even try the fancy little cakes they prepared so lovingly; she’s the one who loves lemon so eat the freaking lemon-
lavender-poppy seed fairy cake I stayed up all night inventing, right?
- the crowd of drunken baby shower attendees who scheme to play matchmaker between their haughty host and friendly server; clearly all that heated discussion behind closed doors before the cucumber sandwiches arrive means there’s sexual tension (and let’s order another round of bergamot iced teas with citrus vodka in while we’re at it)
- the manager who doesn’t take kindly to a visit from the owner of the
chain store coffee place next door; are you trying to put us out of business with that swill WELL IT WON’T WORK but I’m shoving a bag of delicious ginger biscuits we just baked at you before you leave because THAT’S HOSPITALITY OKAY?
- an owner who is highly indignant when an online reviewer outrageously suggests that the tea room is far too twee and shockingly pink, like, TEA ROOMS ARE QUIRKY LEAVE US ALONE and also could you not be so devastatingly handsome as you roll your eyes at all the china plates we’re displaying?