- kind friends who care deeply about you, love to spend time with you, keep your secrets and don’t talk badly about you behind your back. they make you loved and worthy of love.
- compassionate people who understand your secret problems and flaws. they support you without judgement, don’t abandon you and help you get better. they stay with you until the storm is over.
- patient people who don’t get angry or frustrated easily. they teach you things, whether it’s life lessons or math problems. they aren’t tired of explaining things over and over until you understand. you aren’t afraid of making mistakes anymore.
- fun spontaneous people who are always up for an adventure, whether it’s going to a coffee shop or their house to binge watch movies. there’s less time to lock yourself in bad thoughts, and they give you days to look forward to.
- people that inspire you. you admire their qualities, whether it’s intelligence, dedication, kindness or strength. they make you want to change your life and be a better person.
- people that feel like home. you could be doing nothing and it would still be comfortable. there’s something about them that makes you feel ok again. as long as they’re there, life doesn’t seem so hard anymore.
“Your shoelace.” Ginny says with a sweet smile and before Harry can she kneels down to tie his undone shoelace for him. When she stands she’s still wearing the same sweet smile and she notices Harry’s gentle blush. “Goodnight Harry.” She says and the boy nods before trying to give a step forward and falling flat, face first, on the floor for Ginny had tied his shoelaces to one another.
Ginny walks back to her room with tears rolling down her eyes as she laughs. What a silly boy Harry is, sometimes.
The key to being a boss hoe is loving yourself, and reminding yourself that you👏are👏the👏shit👏. I know this is easier said than done sometimes, so here are some tips to change your self perspective, and honestly to change your life.
1. I know this is going to sound cliche, but eating healthy and exercising does WONDERS. Taking care of yourself
physically is a huge aspect of taking care of yourself mentally, as it balances out hormones, produces endorphins, and makes you generally look and feel better.
2. For body confidence: take selfies. Take several. Try out different filters, angles, and lighting and see what you look best in. If you’re comfortable, even take some nudes or lingerie pics to boost your ego. Snapchat has a feature called My Eyes Only where you can passcode protect any pictures you don’t want people seeing to keep all of your selfies and nudes.
3. Cut off people who treat you like shit. Cut off people who aren’t important to you. Cut off people that contribute nothing to geting you where you want to be. Delete numbers, block social media accounts, whatever you have to do. Be civil if you interact with them, but do not let them suck you in.
4. Learn to say no. Say no to things that make you uncomfortable, or things that hurt you, or things that may put the things you work hard for at risk. You are not obligated to do anything that you don’t want to do. Say no, and don’t apologize, because it is your RIGHT to say no.
5. Take yourself on a date. Go for a walk, see a movie, eat at your favorite restaurant/cafe. I like to make a habit of doing this once at least every couple of weeks, for some alone time.
6. If you’re comfortable, or at least willing to try, masturbate. Invest in a sex toy, or rely on your fingers, and go to town. Physical pleasure can do *wonders* for your mood and your self confidence.
7. Do your hair/makeup/wardrobe the👏way👏you👏want👏. Pick out looks that you KNOW flatter you, and invest in more items and styles like it. Toss/donate clothes or items you don’t like, and make sure that the only things in your vanity/closet are things that you know you slay in.
8. Make playlists that make you feel like a boss ass bitch. Beyonce, Rihanna, 5H, Nicki, and Ciara are some personal faves of mine, but any songs that make you feel sexy or in charge will do. Listen to them in the car, during your workout, just laying around, etc.
9. Every month, reserve a day to treat yourself; do some yoga or workout, take an epsom salt bath instead of a shower, soak your feet (warm water+baking soda in a little bucket=super duper soft feet), paint your nails, do your eyebrows, do a face mask, meditate, read a book, knit, draw, paint, go for a walk, get a massage. Develop a monthly routine to have a day for yourself and do whatever it is that makes you feel best.
10. Invest in a freakum dress; everybody needs one outfit (doesn’t even have to be a dress) that you know DAMN well you look fine in. Mine is a black bodycon dress with ribbed sides and black heels, I look and feel like a bad bitch in it. When you feel down, put on ya freakum dress. Look in the mirror, examine your angles, hype yourself tf up because you fuckin slayyy boo
11. Educate yourself. Pick a topic that you want to learn more about (it can be anything, from an artist to a particular science to a sport) and research it. Do one topic per week, and be amazed with how much you learn and absorb. Treating your brain is too often neglected, and being rich in knowledge is the best kind of rich you can be.
12. Keep a journal. Write out what you feel about yourself, what moves you have made to take care of yourself, and what situations you can work on. This will help you keep track of your self love progress, and you can look back at certain steps for motivation.
13. Give yourself something to look forward to each day. Pack a delicious lunch before you go to bed, make plans with a loved one, reserve an hour for your favorite show, lay out your favorite clothes the night before, plan a nap, whatever motivates you to wake up a little happier the next day.
14. Watch ASMR videos or podcasts (you can find them on YouTube). These are videos that focus solely on sounds (wrappers being crinkled, nails being tapped, whispering, etc.), and stimulating your senses. Some get a tingly feeling from listening to specific sounds, others find it easier to relax/focus. It sounds stupid, but it genuinelt changed my life.
15. If you genuinely feel that you need more than just self-help tutorials on Tumblr, do NOT be afraid to seek professional help. There are plenty of affordable, helpful therapists, hotlines, and counselors to assist you in any emotional conflicts that you may be having. It is nothing to be ashamed of, and it is not something to give up on if the first try at therapy doesn’t work out for you. If you feel you need it, please please please, seek help.
16. Quit drinking/smoking/doing drugs if you do any of them. This one should go without saying.
17. Make a bucket list; list places you want to go, things you want to do, concerts you want to see, and start doing them one by one.
18. When you make minor mistakes (a bad grade, a missed play in a sport, an embarrassing moment, etc), use the two minute rule; take two minutes to be upset, assess the situation, establish what you could’ve done differently, and move on. After two minutes, take the issue as a lesson, instead of as a mistake. Learning that you are human, and furthermore mentally establishing how to be a better one, is a HUGE aspect in self love.
19. Know your worth. You are a human being, capable of endless things. You have your own flaws, and your own talents, and your own assets that are unique and individual to YOU. You can wear whatever, sleep with whoever, date whoever, eat whatever, do whatever, as long as you 1) respect legal values and the values of others, and 2) remember your own value. Do not let anyone demean you, because you are more than someone’s critique of you.
That’s all I can think of for now. Love yourselves, babies. I know from personal experience that it’s hard to go from rock bottom to the throne, but I swear with patience and resilience, it can be done. My messages are open for anyone who needs to talk or has any questions. Stay safe, queens💞
and i get the feeling that Robin’s earlier warning to Luffy about how alliances and betrayal go hand in hand will act as a foreshadowing of this upcoming alliance, which tbh wouldn’t really come as a surprise, especially with the way this current arc has been so far…
OMG YES PLEASE. Thank you Lili for this fabulous news & RIVERDALE for giving us something to look forward to during these hiatus! We hope at least one of it is the scene where Jughead tells Betty a joke while they’re sleuthing under the rain for the car!! Or the one where he cups her face before they went into the Sisters of Quiet Mercy institution! Or just anything with Betty and Jughead would do. xD
(Unfortunately I was not able to cut just the interview, so bear with the full 23mins of this special, It has great footage anyway! I may sub the rest of it one day…)
Going into the season, this was a competition where you challenged your limits. What did you think about it?
I went in for the challenge but results-wise, I made mistakes so I think that was my own weakness.
You successfully landed your first 4Lz in competition that the world has been looking forward to, and it received positive GOE. How do you feel about it?
It wasn’t a perfect jump so I think it can be much better. Also, that I couldn’t include the loop jump that I’ve accumulated over the last season in neither the free skate nor the short is, after all, a pity. Well, of course there is the fact that I was concentrating on the lutz but I still think that I lack quite a bit of practice.
Well I’ve always been watching Hanyu, so let me say something optimistic. You may have had some failures today, but, you challenged it. All of that will become your strength in your fight towards the Olympics, that’s what I believe.
Yes that’s true. Well, I think all I can do is improve one step by one step so well, um…yes um, about the past… I have no intention to compare (this with it) so…In any case, I do feel like I have been giving everything I have, more than usual, so from here on out, I want to clear each (competition) one by one as I go into the second half of the season.
And so, (you said that) you yourself experienced Seimei in a new way, the program that only you, Hanyu, can skate. How was it?
No, there’s still a lot more, a lot more to it. Definitely, the content is nowhere near what I originally wanted to do so in that sense I do still feel a lot of regret, and that I still have a ways to go. From here on I would like to work harder as I go forward.
Um, please let me ask one more question. This Olympic season, everyone has expectations for this but I think the one who has the highest expectations is you yourself. How do you plan to continue fighting as you go on, looking at this result?
Yes, I am frustrated, and, well to be frank, there are both frustrations and rewards to be taken away from this. Well, I think that I still can grow even more from this point onward and if I can continue to work even more on these lessons in practice (it would be good).
It kind of looks like you are having a tough time but you said challenging things is fun, and I think that’s a wonderful thing.
Ah yes, it’s sports after all, so I want to continue to have fun whilst I skate.
I love Matsuoka’s interviews :)
====== (Sorry it’s so long, press con is short so I included it) ======
For today’s performance, I am satisfied with it, just a little. As expected, not being able to fully rotate the loop, or enter the combination jump properly…things like that added up one by one and resulted in this 3 point difference. Of course, I have my frustrations about the short and well…well, everything, everything needs more practice - that thought was renewed in me. And at the same time, um…in the end, in skating, every aspect is important so I felt (again) that doing every single aspect properly is really something important. -cut- Be it the mental element of it or the stamina required, I think this is a free program where stuff like that becomes extremely important so, as I improve each and every element, I would like to perfect this program.
Congrats Yuzu on finishing with the best first GP result you’ve achieved in awhile! (Japanese TV keeps emphasizing that he has not won his first GP in 2 years hahaha) Also, looking forward to Notte stellata again!