Tips for Caringhearts! Or any caretaker of an age regressor
If you’re new to this whole “taking care of an age regressor” thing, you might be a little confused as to what to expect! Here’s a little guide of helpful suggestions I could come up with based on general age groups!
BABY AGE REGRESSORS
• very cuddly
• needs lots of naps
• might use diapers
• be gentle and soft with them please
• likes chewing on things
• feed them
• hold them
• may be very babbly or completely nonverbal
• might be calm or fussy
• pacis, bottles, teethers
• stuffies and blankies should be soft
• soft carpet or mats for crawlers
• not too loud or too bright please
TODDLER AGE REGRESSORS
• might be mischievous
• cute clothes are necessary
• pacis and Sippy cups
• all the stuffies
• cute plates and eating utensils
• nap time might be harder to enforce
• makes messes if you don’t watch them
• lots of crayons
• cut up their food for them
• buckle their seat belt
• everything is a game
• Disney everything
• tickle fights
• brush their hair
• tea parties
• there’s monsters in the closet
• piggy back rides
• imitates caregiver
• “I am a big kid!”
• needs help/reminding for brushing teeth, going to the bathroom, washing hands, etc.
• less baby talk, but uses simple sentences, may make small grammar or pronunciation mistakes
• they shouldn’t touch the sharp things!
• or hot things
• they will probably want to touch the hot things and the sharp things
LIL KIDDO AGE REGRESSORS
• more autonomous and can help you take care of them
• help pick out clothes
• tie shoes
• lots of questions “what’s that?” “Who’s that” “why?”
• watch lots of cartoons
• the character shaped food is always better
• thinks they can do everything by themselves but they still need help
• night lights
• play pretend
• wants to learn
• take fun trips to pool, park, zoo, etc.
• sings lots
• arts and crafts
• read with them
• hold hands to cross the street
• speech easy to understand but may be random and excitable, unrelated to what you were saying
• character t-shirts
• cute hair accessories, bracelets, etc.
• pillow forts
BIG KID AGE REGRESSORS
• wants to be more independent
• board games and card games
• video games and movies
• still needs bedtimes and curfews
• help cook meals
• give them little assignments
• needs to know you’re proud and you love them
• climbs trees
• can have more big kid conversations
• hang out and play with them
• write cute notes and stick in their lunch boxes
• help them make hard decisions but allow them some freedom
• might need to limit time with electronics
• sports and team games
• comic books/ magazines
Remember, this is just a list of suggestions. Every regressor is different, and you’ll have to get to know them personally. They may have qualities from each of these sections! If you’re ever unsure as to what your kiddo needs or wants from you as their carer, the best thing to do is to ask them! They may be unsure of what they want themselves. It can take time and experimenting, but together you can find what works for the both of you together.
i've enjoyed your prompt fills so much, thank you for sharing them!! if you feel like it: chef!andrew trying (and failing) to woo picky eater neil with fancy food? :)
The thing about growing up on the run is that you never really develop a palate.
You eat what’s there to be eaten, whatever you manage to stuff in your pockets while your mother distracts the cashier trying to haggle for cigarettes, as if it’s anywhere near possible to haggle in a 7/11.
You eat school lunches, bland chicken nuggets and congealed mac and cheese and unseasoned carrots with those little close to expired fruit cups with the peaches and cherries and simple syrup.
You drink gas station coffee—maybe it stunts your growth, but you drink it anyway—and fill old plastic water bottles from drinking fountains or public restroom sinks.
At least, that’s what Neil tries to explain to Matt one day, when Matt invites Neil to his favorite restaurant in his hometown. It just so happens that Matt’s hometown is New York City, and the chef at this place has a Michelin star, but Neil isn’t on the run anymore and his paycheck is hefty enough that he can afford it.
I take pride in my work. I love making my art and I love making that art for other people.
But there have been some people who have just REALLY ticked me off.
I will not call anyone out on this, but if you think this post is about you, it probably is.
1. Reblog the art you request. Likes are just the *seen* notification. It’s depressing.
2. DON’T BEFRIEND SOMEONE SO THEY CAN GIVE YOU ART
3. Giving away other people’s art as gifts, even if the piece was made for you specifically, is stealing and it’s wrong.
4. Some artists are stuck in an awkward phase where the only people who are giving them the attention they need for their work are the slave drivers like the ones mentioned above and they can’t say “no” to them because without their requests, they may never get noticed in the art world as a professional artist who gets an income of some sort.
I know I’ll be stepping on some toes with this post, but I have had enough. This is MY ART and what you are asking of me is UNFAIR. If you don’t like it just remember that I am not an art producing machine in your computer. I am a human being who has a life and would like to pay the bills.
I’m going to work on this some more after the klance big bang but I had this marvellous idea a few months ago and I wanted to get this out there since I’ve seen a sort of rising popularity for this idea? And i don’t want people to yell at me for piggybacking off of someone else’s au… ALSO i really want to hear your guys’ thoughts on this!
Lance is a performer. He’s been in the circus industry since he was a child, his stepfather owns the biggest circus production in the country. The working conditions weren’t great - in order to keep the money flowing, the performers would always be pushed to overwork themselves, they weren’t paid a lot, they wouldn’t eat amazingly, go through massive efforts to look good the night before a show, use performance enhancers, and Lance sort of hates it, so as soon as he’s 18 he leaves, just as their circus starts travelling internationally. He’s actually a pretty big part of a lot of their routines, so it kind of fucks up the usual choreography for most everything when he leaves, but the circus does their best to cover it up.
Keith is just a kid who’s been a fan of the circus, and more specifically, one particular performer dressed in blue, since he was like a toddler. So he notices right away when they replace Lance, but he has no idea what happened to him.
Lance joins a diffferent production (Hint: it’s allura’s and coran’s circus.) that pays better so he can finance college now that he’s on his own, but he’s looking to drop the industry altogether after a few years. Keith ends up growing into a makeup artist because he’s good with bold colors, he’s got a steady hand, and it gets him backstage and up close with the performers. Pidge, in his math class at college, is the one who recommends Allura’s production to him, since it’s local and small but apparently pays well, so he goes and applies and gets the job.
Pidge ends up interning under Allura later. Allura is a choreographer and a performer; Coran and she finance their circus business with Alfor’s left behind fortune. Pidge is a rising choreographer and a costume designer. Keith and Pidge become friends, partly because they have to coordinate makeup and costume, and partly because they’re old classmates, and partly because they just seem to hit it off well. Pidge ends up sort of being Keith’s wingman (i know that’s a common trope but I like it so fight me)
Lance is a performer now in Allura’s circus, but the thing is that no one recognizes him from before. But since he’s come from a ver high end circus, he’s used to a lot more expensive equipment - Allura’s doesn’t even have aerial silks, a lot of their performers are more basic trapeze and balancing and whatnot, A lot of Lance’s talent is unmatched by any other performer so he… hides it, because he doesn’t want to be singled out as being better than the rest. He sort of wants to step away from the industry, so gaining popularity with it is not in his favor.
Keith does Lance’s makeup sometimes and falls in love, Lance is just too concerned with his own life, he’s pretty oblivious. Keith recognizes that and it hurts.
Shiro is an equilibristics performer and a firedancer. Keith likes to practice random circus acts in his downtime to blow off steam and to see if he can do it, but he has no technique since he doesn’t ask anyone to teach him. So shiro finds him one day and warns him he’s going to end up burning himself – he eventually ends up teaching Keith firedancing because it makes keith happy and Shiro is a kind man and just… broganes, yes.
Hunk is a nutritionist. Lance and he hit it off great, mainly because he’s really good at creating diets for everyone and Lance is coming from a background of growing up not eating enough, fasting the day before a show so his physique looks slimmer and more elegant, so when Hunk gives him actual meals that meet his requirements he’s like. omg ilu
some bs happens that is kinda too detailed, I’ll get into it if anyone wants to know, but Keith and Lance end up as roommates, there’s some drama with Lance’s ex, Nyma, Keith finds out that Lance is the same person he’s been watching for years and drooling over from the auditorium seats, cue Keith fucking falling head over heels, eventually they expose the behind-the-scenes of what happens with Lance’s stepfather’s circus, there’s a lot of cute scenes I’ve though of between makeup and dress rehearsals and practice and performing and learning choreography, Lance gets food poisoned at some point….. it’s lit.
IF YOU READ THIS FAR PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!! it would be cool to add in more ideas you might have, I kind of want this to be good so. anything you want to see with it??? i’ll start writing it late-august maybe.
- you have a little brother who’s about five years old - every day, your mom drops him off at daycare before she goes to work - but one day, she’s been asked to come to work earlier so you tell her that you’ll drop your brother off first; your shift at your part-time job doesn’t start for another two hours anyway - so you walk down the streets holding your little brother’s hand while he enthusiastically tells you how excited he is to see teacher mingyu - you ask “who’s teacher mingyu?” and your brother tells you that he’s the coolest and funniest teacher ever - and he tells you that one time he climbed on mingyu’s shoulders and it felt like he could see the world and you just laugh as how innocent that sounded - you finally get to the daycare and you kneel down to unzip his winter jacket and while you’re telling him to behave, someone says “good morning, (your little brother’s name)!!” - your brother exclaims “good morning teacher mingyu!!” and at his words, you look up - and you see this tall, handsome boy standing by the door - he’s wearing an apron too but it looks so cute how does he do it???? - you just look at your little brother and scream with your eyes “why didn’t you tell me he was GOOD-LOOKING I LOOK LIKE TRASH RIGHT NOW” - after unzipping your little brother’s coat, you stand up straight and say “good morning” to which mingyu replies “good morning!! you’re (your little brother’s name)’s sibling i’m guessing??” - you nod “that’s me. i was just here to drop him off so…. i’ll be going now” - mingyu smiles “it was nice meeting you” and you say “you too” before practically sprinting out the door - you get back home and the whole time you’re waiting for your shift to start and even during your shift, you just keep thinking about how you looked so bad in front of someone so handsome and you’re like fml - after work, you check your cellphone to see that your mom sent you a text message saying that she’s going to be doing overtime - but then it says that teacher mingyu’s already been informed, and your little brother’s just waiting for you to pick him up now - you’re like NO NOT AGAIN - you look at the time and you can’t even run home to change because your little brother ended like ten mins ago already - you just wrap your scarf around your mouth and pull your hood up to hide yourself - but while you’re walking there, it actually is really cold and you reach into your pockets to take out your mittens only to realize you left them home and you’re like great - when you finally get to the daycare, you see mingyu zipping up your little brother’s jacket and you just melt at the scene because HOW CUTE - when your brother sees you, he gives mingyu a hug before running up to you and grabbing your hand - mingyu walks over to you and you sink deeper into your jacket - he says “hi again!! is it cold outside??” - before you could answer or even greet him back, your little brother nods and says “their hands are cold!!” - mingyu says “oh, in that case….” he then walks over to the coat hanger and reaches into a trench coat and pulls out a pair of mittens - he walks over to you and says “you can borrow these for today” - you shake your head and exclaim “no it’s fine!! you’re going to get cold!!” - mingyu just smiles and says “i’d feel more at ease if you took them, you can return them whenever you can” - you say “oh…. thank you” and you take the mittens while smiling - when you exit the daycare, your little brother says “you’re all red” and you just go like SH NO I’M NOT LET’S GO - the next day, you offer to take your brother to daycare again so that you can give mingyu his mittens back - and you made sure to dress up nicely LOL - you get there, and you fail to notice mingyu’s face light up when he sees you - he walks over to you and says “good morning” and you smile “good morning” while holding out the mittens you borrowed from him - mingyu takes them and you say “i hope you weren’t too cold yesterday….” and he says “i wasn’t cold at all, don’t worry. i never got your name by the way….?” - you say “oh! i’m sorry—” and he cuts you off and says “i’m sorry? that’s a funny name” - you just look at him with a straight face and he laughs at your reaction, saying “that was bad i’m sorry” LOL - you end up laughing too though, and continue “i’m (name), it’s nice to meet you” and he says “nice to meet you too, (name).” - while talking to him, you see the other kids pulling on his shirt saying “teacher mingyu!! are they your s/o??” - you and mingyu shakes your heads “no!! it’s not like that!!” - that’s when you excuse yourself, leaving to get to your work - but since that day….. you’ve been the one to bring your little brother to daycare - you and mingyu have become good friends over time - you’d sometimes bring him a drink from your work and he’d give you an extra meal he made in class - but with time, you realize that you’ve fallen for him - you know you’ll probably never confess so for now…. being friends is good enough for you - you feel like you’re really obvious though because every day, your little brother asks “do you like teacher mingyu??” but you always say “you’re five, why are you asking me this? LOL” - but one day, while walking your brother to daycare, he asks you for the hundredth “do you like teacher mingyu??” - you sigh in exasperation and say “yes i do, (your little brother’s name). i like him a lot. now will you stop asking?” - his eyes brighten when you say that and he says “really??” and you nod your head and say “really.” - you finally get to the daycare, and like always, you and mingyu talk for a while - but the kids pull on his shirt and exclaim “teacher!! we have to get started right away!!” - you ask “another project?” and mingyu nervously laughs and replies “yeah i guess you can say that….” - you say “have a good day then, i’ll be back later to pick my brother up” and when you exit the door, you can’t help but think that mingyu looks a bit uneasy today - you eventually forget about it and go on with your day - your shift finally comes to an end and you get to the daycare, but weirdly…. there aren’t any kids at the entrance getting ready to leave with a parent - in fact, everything’s just dead silent…. - you call out “mingyu?? is everything okay??” but when you don’t receive an answer, you walk into the room - and you gasp when you see the room decorated with streamers and balloons - but what surprises you most is to see all the little kids holding up a sign that says “(name), i like you!!” - mingyu then jumps up from behind the huge sign with flowers in his hand and laughs “it was the kids’ idea….. i know it’s really cheesy, but…… will you go out with me, (name)?” - you laugh and when you nod your head, all the kids cheer excitedly - especially your little brother - when he runs up to you, you ask “is that why you kept asking me if i liked him??” - he grins “he told me to ask!!” - when mingyu hears that, he runs over to him and covers his mouth and says “NO I DIDN’T” - you laugh “really, mingyu?” and he just grins sheepishly as he hands you the flowers he got you - you say “thank you” and you lean in to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he says “woah, not in front of the children” - you look down to see the kids either covering their eyes, giggling or gasping - you say “why not?” - after you kiss him, you both laugh as the kids all scream in either excitement or disgust - but really, they’re all just happy to see that the person their favorite teacher likes feels the same way