“I was able to help Maddie achieve one of her biggest dreams and goals. And I immediately saw this as my opportunity to give back the gift that I was given of helping somebody–truly selflessly helping them achieve their goals.”
History has been written! 26.02.2017: Margo Hayes becomes the first female climber to do 9a+ with “La Rambla” in Siurana (Spain)! Congratulations!
Margo: “I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support I’ve received from the climbing community, and my family and friends near and far. None of us achieves our dreams alone, we do so together, and build on those who have come before us. We are a community that not only supports each other regardless of our backgrounds and differences, but is also one that realizes the importance of respecting and preserving our planet. The climbers at the cliffs in Siurana last weekend came from many nations, and were a snapshot of what the world can be like, one of support, communication, and peace.”
Kim smirked down at the tiny girl who had stepped forward.
”You? What are you, like, 5 years old?” he teased, using his hand to measure her small stature as she continued to grin at him.
“I’m 8, actually. We’re in the same class you know,” she responded, folding her arms. Cocking an eyebrow, she challenged, “I’ll give you a chance to back out, if you’re afraid…”
“Not a chance,” he snapped. He never backed out of a challenge, and he had yet to be beaten at this particular game. He turned to the jungle gym, hands hovering in anticipation at his sides.
Max, another student from their class, stepped forward. “Remember, the person who climbs the highest wins! Ready…set… GO!!”
Kim and the small girl both began climbing, the larger boy having the obvious advantage with his longer reach. He quickly made it to the sixth of the ten level structure, and made himself comfortable. No one had ever made it past the fourth level before except him– so when he looked back to see his opponent already on the fifth level, he was shocked to say the least.
She paused, looking around her in search of her next handhold, and that’s when he noticed she had taken her shoes off and was using her feet to keep a solid grip on the bars. As she made to pull herself up onto the same lever as him, Kim leapt into motion, grabbing the bars right above him and hauling himself upward once more.
They both continued to climb, until they finally reached the ninth level. There was only room for one person on the top, and lightning fast Kim swung up there, knocking his shins in the process.
Grinning down at the tiny girl still holding tightly to the top bar, he sneered. “Well, looks like I wo–”
He cut off at the triumphant smirk she leveled at him as she pushed herself up, balancing precariously on the bar– before she grabbed onto his shoulders! He felt himself being pulled off-balance by her meager weight, and quickly grabbed the bar between his legs. Shifting to keep them both from toppling to the ground, Kim felt his eyes widen as she finally settled on top of him, sitting on his backpack and shoulders.
“You were saying?” she sing-songed, and as the reality of the situation hit him, Kim started laughing. He had been out-smarted by the miraculous girl now using him as her personal throne, and for once, he couldn’t be happier to lose a challenge as the call came from the cheering crowd of kids below.
For Atypical April, my final piece for week one’s theme FRIENDSHIP! I decided to do my interpretation of how Kim and Mari first met and became best bro’s XD Hope you enjoyed– I’m not as great a writer when there isn’t a punchline, so please forgive that sad excuse for a drabble XD Dedicated to my darling @mr-hawkmoth– I know she loves these two XD
• Thus ending her hangoverrrrrrr
• There’s been a lack of girls climbing in my bedroom window
• I was having my period
• HAHAHA…..haha…….haaaaaaaaaa…oH MY GOD!
• oh look, she was reading The Bell Jar GASP
• Man, how many networks did she run to?
• So……you avoided date rape…..by volunteering ME for date rape?
• coRN NUTS
• You’re making me sound like AIR SUPPLY
• oh my god, I just killed my best friend..
And your worst enemy
• Hellooooooooo, ssssssssslut
• I’m like oxygen, I’m everywhere
• I didn’t catch your name
I didn’t throw it
• I’m sorry, but I really had to wake you. I’ve decided I must ride you till I break you.
• Veronica? What are you doing in my room–?!
sh Sh SHHHHHHHHHHHHH
• Lick it up, baby. LICK. IT. UP.
• If I took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull I’d have two matching halves
• WELL F*** ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW
• THERES NO ALCOHOL IN THIS! Are you trying to poison me?
• That was one heck of a fishing trip
• By the wayyyyyy………..You were my first
• Awe..Thanks, Heather. But I don’t really need to vomit right now.
• -The fight scene when he completely misses and JD just shrugs-
• That’s really sweet–OH SON OF A B****
• ..I don’t really like my friends
I don’t like your friends either
• SHUT UP, HEATHER
• I love my dead gay son
• If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn’t be human, you’d be a game show host.