2am: neon lights, big dreams, phone notifications on, life plans in a journal, random burst of productivity, quiet unless with friends, poetry, working hard for something and achieving it
6am: studying with friends, pastel aesthetic, empty coffee shops, plant pots, expensive highlighters, bullet journaling, english class, finishing assignments on time, croissants
9am: motivational speeches, coffee supply that could last a year, full face of make-up, political science, perfectionism, trying your very best at everything, studying all days, hard work, ap classes
1pm: drinking tea, healthy snacks, study group, procrastination, scrolling studyblr, cute pajamas, easy a’s, philosophical conversations, getting distracted, lots of motivation, a bit lost, undecided major
3pm: after-school activities, one specific dream college, appreciating the aesthetic, reaching your goals, student council president, becoming friends with teachers, smiling in the hardest of times, studyspo pictures
7pm: messy handwriting, doodles on the paper, always looking your best, bold lipstick, scattered ideas, dark skies, tumblr in class, always the first to apologize after an argument, sweet voice, good heart
12pm: physical textbooks, libraries, campus marble walls, slow burn romance, reminiscing of what could have been, cries over bad grades, old soul, vintage
1. in the middle of am homeroom (so like 9am in the morning) a kid just broke out a pint of ice cream and started eating it. and i guess it wouldnt have been that bad except once people noticed, everyone started whispering and pointing until half the class was surrounding the table literally BEGGING for some. the teacher actually had to stop reading the morning announcements and give a speech on how you shouldn’t give death threats over ice cream.
2. this kid i was sitting next to once went home bc he got a massive headache after staring straight into a lightbulb for 2 minutes bc he “was bored and wanted to see what would happen.” he ended up taking 3 advils after that, got paranoid and made the entire table search “how many pills of advil does it take to overdose” on a school computer.
3. there was a HUGE ASS fly in the room and the teacher thought itd be a great idea to kill it by throwing a folder 4inches thick with papers in its general direction; it ended up going across the room and hitting a poor, innocent kid in the face so hard that the other kids at the table scrammed and started yelling “EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF”…and when i tell you that this fly was huge,,it was literally so MASSIVE that this one girl almost started crying when it flew near her, someone actually tried throwing a cup of coffee at it, and another person started screaming ZIKA VIRUSSSS and something about how they weren’t vaccinated. and mind you the majority of the students are dressed in fancy attire bc of the national honor society ceremony that was later in the afternoon. in the midst of all this chaos, this one kid stands up, doesnt say anything and literally just ninja slams his bare hand onto the table and kills the fly all in one fluid motion, all without saying a single word. the entire class just broke out in thunderous applause, including the teacher, and then class continued as normal as if the past 10 minutes didn’t even happen
4. during first period a teacher who lost a ton of weight over a 2 year period was giving serious advice about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle while this kid right in front of the teacher’s desk breaks out a FULL mcdonalds breakfast meal and distributes it among the table
5. kids that were in apush and ap spanish held a joint prayer vigil the day before ap exams began, so that ap students could literally hold hands and pray to survive exam season as well as mourn our high grades. everyone who went was required to bring in fake candles and food, while someone else conducted a prayer service. a special invitation was sent using our school emails, you had to rsvp in order to attend, and it was suggested that you wear black. our ap teachers knew about this, and they agreed it was a good idea somehow
I think all Gilmore Girls fans can agree that Rory Gilmore is the original studyblr! If I’m having a chill study session, I’ll play an old episode where she is extra motivated or there is a big focus on academics. The following are my go-tos!
I wrote short descriptions with each episode so SPOILER ALERT for everyone who hasn’t seen or is still watching Gilmore Girls!
S01E02- “The Lorelai’s First Day at Chilton”
Rory starts at a new prestigious school. She has to deal with proving herself academically.
S01E04- “The Deer Hunters”
This episode deals with academic failure and studying hard to move past it.
S02E02- “Hammers and Veils”
Rory has anxiety over not having enough extra-curricular activities for college applications.
S02E04- “The Road Trip to Harvard”
Rory visits her dream school and gets a good look into college life.
S02E18- “Back in the Saddle Again”
Rory has a challenging group project.
S03E03- “Application Anxiety”
Rory receives her Harvard application and gets stressed over the competition.
S03E08- “Let the Games Begin”
Rory visits Yale.
S03E16- “The Big One”
Rory has to give a speech and has to comfort a friend who doesn’t get into her dream school. Rory also receives her college letters.
S03E17- “A Tale of Poes and Fire”
Rory picks her college.
S03E22- “Those Are Strings, Pinocchio”
Rory graduates high school and deals with paying for college.
S04E01- “Ballrooms & Biscotti”
Lorelai and Rory have to deal with the stress of preparing for college.
S04E02- “The Lorelais’ First Day at Yale”
Rory starts college.
S04E03- “The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles”
Rory begins her college shopping period.
S04E06- “An Affair to Remember”
Rory has trouble finding a good place to study while she is behind on her class syllabus.
S04E08- “Die, Jerk”
Rory is told to toughen up her journalistic writing, so she writes a harsh review and faces the consequences.
S04E10- “The Nanny and the Professor”
Rory participates in the orientation for her school newspaper.
S04E14- “The Incredible Sinking Lorelais”
This episode once again deals with academic failure.
S05E10- “But Not As Cute As Pushkin”
Rory gives a tour of Yale to a high school student.
S05E20- “How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?”
Rory starts an internship.
S06E13- “Friday Night’s Alright for Fighting”
The student news has to pull a hectic all-nighter to publish the paper.