All I have to say is: congratulations, Gillian Anderson on the U.K. premiere of Viceroy’s House. Well done on writing a book with the intention of uniting women. Also looking forward to Crooked House and American Gods. I’m thrilled that so many professional milestones coincide with your personal happiness. Your fans love and support you.
You opened the door which lead to Alfie’s office where he was meeting with a new ‘client’ that will be buying stuff. ‘Y/N not now.’ Alfie said as he saw you enter. Tommy looked up and watched as you walked in ignoring him. ‘Alfie, I agreed that you could work back here cause you would pay for the building and supplies.’ The young children of the workers past you, running to hide behind flour and sugar bags, playing hide and seek. You walked in and checked the bags, bumping into a few kids but only smiled when they giggled and apologized. She checked the bags and checked the supplies filling in the forms as you came across what she needed. You heard Alfie and Thomas, you had learnt his name, were talking and Alfie was becoming fed up of his talking. When you turned back around you saw Alfie holding a gun to his head. You shook your head knowing Alfie was doing it to get a reaction from the man across from him but the man just simply stared at him. You walked over. ‘Alfie, enough of the guns, will you?’ You sighed. ‘There are young kids running around and you will shoot one.’ You said, treating him like a kid. ‘Plus my business needs your attention.’ You commanded him. ‘And it can’t wait.’ You said as you handed the paper towards him. You watched as Alfie lowered the gun and signed the sheet. You turned and watched the kids running and causing the adults mayhem. You whistled and they stopped to look at you, you motioned for them to leave, they groaned but listened. You turned back to the grown men, who were watching you. ‘Guns.’ You said with your hand out, placing the form in the opposite hand. ‘What?’ They both turned to you fast. ‘Give me your guns.’ You told them, you were taking them so no one would get injured. ‘Now.’ They both handed them to you and you looked to the blue-eyed man. ‘You can get you’re on the way out.’ You told him, he nodded before blowing his cigarette smoke out. ‘Can I get my gun back?’ You heard a voice from behind you. You stood up from the oven and wiped your hands on your apron. ‘It depends whether you have manners.’ You stated to him. Placing the breads and small cakes in the counters, so the customers could see the variety that she down. ‘May I get my gun back, please.’ He said, watching your every move. ‘Of course.’ You said as you moved to the back of the shop and dug it out from the bread tin at the bottom self. You walked back through directing a couple kids away from the treats in the back. ‘There you go Mr.’ You said as you placed it in his hand and he returned it back to his holster. ‘Mr. Shelby.’ He told you, you nodded and smiled. ‘Aww so you’re the mighty Thomas Shelby everyone was talking about.’ You said as you noticed the customers coming in for their bread and maybe a treat. Thomas watched as you moved over ignoring him, as if he wasn’t here and talking to the customers. ‘Mr Shelby but if you’re aren’t going to buy anything I must ask you to leave.’ You told him as you noticed the everyday customers waiting as they seen the strange man standing in the shop they had never seen. ‘The queue is becoming rather large outside.’ You said as you nodded behind him. ‘And please the next time you come here, don’t bring a gun.’ You said as he walked away, wondering why he was so entranced by the way you paid no attention to him as if he was just a normal man.
ps. can we talk about how hot he is in this gif????
‘An who says were taking orders from you?’ A man spoke up, talking to your man below, he talked to partners that couldn’t take you serious cause you were a woman. You watched from your place in the shadows. Having allowed Thomas Shelby into your ‘bakery’ could be dangerous be he ensured you himself that everything would be fine. You agreed under circumstances and to your surprise he agreed willing. Most the men behaved and listened but you could tell there would be trouble makers. ‘Oh you aren’t taking orders from ‘im.’ Thomas said. ‘And who we taking them from them?’ the rugged looking man asked. ‘Me.’ You said as you walked from the shadows carrying a stick. It didn’t help you in anyway but to always have a weapon on you. ‘So we’re taking orders from a woman.’ He grunted. ‘Aye ye are.’ You said letting your accent come fully out. ‘You got a problem?’ You asked as you stood looking over the men, who refused to look you in the eyes, feeling your power. ‘Aye I do.’ He said and you walked closer, you could smell the alcohol coming from his breath. ‘Like you cou-‘ he started saying but was cut off when you lifted the stick and whacked him across the face with it. He fell to his knees and you used the end to lift his head up to look at you, and you smiled when one side was covered with blood and he refused to look you in the eyes. You bent down and leaned into his ear. ‘You be glad I let you live and that you have this job.’ You said before you dropped his head and turned to the other. ‘Any yin else have a problem?’ You said loudly. They shook their heads. ‘Good.’ You said and walked away with a stick dripping blood until you meet Thomas for a cigarette. ‘Some men you’ve got Tommy.’ You said. He smiled. ‘Only the best.’ He said and you smiled blowing the smoke out your mouth and inhaling it through your nose.
so im done like…. skimming through we for the most part and here are my comments (im not gonna say final bc i know this hell isnt over)
this is long but i’m not putting it in a read more bc i don’t want to like i want you to have to scroll through this.
1. none of the information/techniques/whatever on this book are actually new, there’s 14 pages worth of citations in the back of the book meaning that this book is essentially just like… a copy and paste of many people’s ideas and techniques so take that as you will
2. there’s quotes like everywhere? from like random famous women ranging from like rosa parks to emma watson to emily dickinson to anne frank…… it’s very odd it reminds me of that scene in the office where michael writes “ “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” - wayne gretsky” -michael scott anyway this is literally the most inclusive part of the whole book and also aside from crediting laverne cox as a transgender activist and actress there’s like…. literally no mention of trans women
3. this has to be one of the most heteronormative pieces of media i’ve consumed in a my life… every mention of a relationship talks about “he”. also never ever post abt how u think gillians gonna date a woman or she’s bi or whatever bc in the book she deadass just refers to all her partners (past and future) as he so there you go
4. there’s an excerpt that says you have to be thankful because you’re much better off than a huge percentage of the world population bc you have a fridge lol
5. in the humility section theres a part where they talk abt how we’re all equal and no one is better than anyone else but last time i checked gillian charges a small fortune for fans to meet her and doesn’t even treat them like equals so just a thought
6. the mandatory “feminism” section or w/e in the manifesto part of the book uses those statistics you’ve read a million times like there’s more CEOs named john than there are female CEOs like this book really has Nothing new to offer anyone
7. there’s a section where you’re encouraged to follow a diet while following these principles and it has a linked (yes! a typed out link in a book) to the BMI index and you’re told to go on it and check if you’re healthy or not like… don’t do that lmao
8. the quote “more than seven hundred million women live in hunger, and yet those with plenty battle obesity and depression” Fuck You
9. the quote “every minute, one woman dies needlessly in childbirth, while elsewhere in the world another woman spends thousands on cosmetic surgery because she isn’t able to feel comfortable with how she’s aging” again… Fuck you
10. the notion that we as (cis, straight, white) women cannot be expected to be respected by society if we don’t learn to respect ourselves by doing things like… flirting with other women’s husbands OR letting other women’s husbands flirt with you… Yes Really
this is all i feel like typing out right now bc i have other shit to do but… this book sucks and im 90% sure there was a ghost writer
Small Potatoes - Episode 93. This poster was inspired by the circus poster featuring Eddie’s father from the episode. I liked the idea of Eddie wearing people’s personas like they’re masquerade masks so I ran with it. Here he’s holding a mask for Mulder, who he impersonates throughout the second half of the episode, and another for one of his favorite alter egos, Luke Skywalker.