Are you ok? I thought he was gonna shoot me, then he put the gun to his head. I’m so sorry. What if he shot himself like, right here in my room? How did you…what did you say to him? I don’t know, I…I just kept talking. And then he cried in my arms. He’s so sad. Come here.
Top 10 reasons to binge watch The Fosters & watch Season 4
The 2015-2016 was an epically bad year for lesbian television with a trail of not just broken hearts, but dead bodies. In the midst of all of this death and despair, there is just one show that has bucked the trend. That show is The Fosters, airing on Freeform Monday’s at 8pm EST.
The Fosters is about Stef and Lena Adams Foster, a married lesbian couple raising five teenagers in San Diego. I can understand if you might have dismissed this show as catering to the teens, but i assure you, Stef and Lena always have their own thing going on. Here’s a top 10 of why you should binge watch this show NOW so you can start watching season 4 live on Freeform.
10. When Stef gets shot, she recovers and immediately proposes marriage to her long-time domestic partner. No dead lesbians on this show.
9. When the principal develops a crush on hot Mama Lena, Lena rejects her advances. It’s messy and hurtful, but there is no cheating on this show.
8. The actresses (Teri Polo and Sherri Saum respectively) playing Stef and Lena Adams Foster love their characters and each other and are more than happy to share their love with the fans.
7. Lena may be a mom to five kids, but this mama has a loving and complicated relationship with her own mother.
6. Stef may be a mom to five kids, but this mom has a loving and complicated relationship with her own mother.
5. Stef has to deal with her own internalized homophobia. It’s an ongoing process, but she’s working on it!
4. Stef and Lena not only love each other, they also really like each other and it shows.
3. They fight. And sometimes it’s adorable.
2. Let’s talk about sex, baby. They have it. And it’s awesome. (mostly)
1. These two women are deeply, passionately in love with each other, and it is beautiful.