"Who cares if one more light goes out in the sky of a million stars? … I do."
I lost my hero today. I feel like I’ve lost a part of my soul.
I was 14 when I first found out about Linkin Park. They were the first band I fell in love with that weren’t from my country yet made me feel like I needed to go through all their records. And so I did. Chester’s voice represented so much that I could not put in words. But I needed to understand his words too. Without the translations. This made me pay attention to my English classes. I owe my first attempts of learning how to speak English to him and his band.
I have turned to Linkin Park’s music for every emotion I have ever felt. Their music has touched me. Chester’s powerful voice has guided me through hard times and it was with me when I was feeling on top of the world too.
Chester was my first music idol. I literally grew up listening to Linkin Park.
It’s devastating how one can save millions but millions can not save the one. You’re always going to be my legend. You’ve had an impact on millions, Ches. You will live on in your music. May your voice and Linkin Park never leave our hearts 🥀
Rest In Peace, Chester Bennington. March 20, 1976 - July 20, 2017
You know that feeling you get when you hear a band for the first time? Where you hear the first few seconds of a song, and you just want more. And after you fell in love with them. And you just love everything about them. The songs. The lyrics. The voices. Do you ever wish that you could go back to the first time you ever heard a band? Just so you can feel that feeling again. Just so you can relive all of the amazing feelings that this band gave you.
• Talk to literally everyone. Like if you’re next to me we will become besties. sorry • Point out cool cosplays and people with awesome outfits • Scream. Not sing the lyrics loudly. I will scream when the singer seems. Dude trust me it’s hella relaxing you let out all your stress there and leave it behind. • Dance badly
• Kinda sit down before the band plays because honey my back fucking hurts • Shout out “You saved my life” to the people on stage. Don’t you dare get mad at me for doing it because I’m a broke bitch and will never be able to meet them one on one
• When the concert ends imma hug you randomly. idgaf if you’ve never met me before we’re huggin. c’mere :)
• DID I MENTION CRYING
• I AM SO SORRY THAT I AM OF AVERAGE HEIGHT AND I FEEL PERSONALLY GUILTY FOR MY HEIGHT AND I WILL HELP ALL THE SURROUNDING SMOLS AS BEST AS I CAN • If you elbow me and you don’t say sorry and you clearly hear me you’re gonna catch these hands • Steal my spot and I will fucking cut you • I pull off my long sleeved shirts so I’m not hiding my cuts. This is the only place I feel accepted for all of me so YOU’RE GONNA SEE EM ACCIDENTALLY • If I end up next to someone who only knows one or two popular songs on the radio I will be mad. sorry. oh wait. im not sorry. u bitch.
• If you just stand and record the whole thing without even smiling at your chance at seeing the people on stage I WILL JUDGE YOU.
• CRYING IS LIKELY
• Shout genuine compliments to the band members like “I love you” “You’re amazing” “Your beanie looks nice”
• I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU ARE “SAVING A SEAT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER” AND THEN NOT LEAVE WHEN SHE GETS THERE
• If you lie about your dad being in the front to be closer imma punch u
• I WILL HUG YOU IF YOU ARE ALSO CRYING BECAUSE I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL
• THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE TO BE MYSELF PLEASE JUST LET ME CRY GODDAMNIT
That moment when you know a band and then listen to some songs and then years later wanting to discover more songs by them then realizing that a certain song would have helped you in a certain time or discovering some really good lyrics and then asking yourself:“why didn’t i do this before? I’m so dumb”