For the further decorations, I started by sewing two pillows. I used liquid glue on the edges again to keep the fabric from fraying after I cut it.
I sewed them together with a blanket stitch and filled them with cotton stuffing.
I tried one with the stitch on the outside and one on the inside. I’m not sure which I like better.
For September’s shelves, I folded printed paper into an origami pattern…
…to get these little cubes.
For Saturday’s shelves and the kitchen shelves, I used white cardboard from a cereal box. I glued the shelves onto the walls by tilting the box to help them stay in place easier. At this point, I also glued the beach print to the inside of the lid.
Next, I printed out several book covers at a small size.
I cut out long strips of paper measured to fit inside with my cutter and glued one stripe to the inside of each book’s front cover.
I folded the paper strip in a zig zag pattern and then added glue to the back to create the pages of the book.
With that done, I added the pillows to the beds and placed them back in the room.
Then I added the decorations, adding the side table with the pin and clock again, adding books to the shelves and putting the shell and white pawn on top.
On Saturday’s side I added the magazines, flowerpot and black pawn. With these details, I felt happy about the bedroom. That only left the lower room.