I don’t think you’re an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother’s pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever’s in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences… But the thing is, um, what I’m trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.
can we take a moment to appreciate that St Trinian’s was basically built around Colin Firth being in that film because it kills me like:
- compulsory colin firth wet shirt scene
- colin pushed into a fountain (cheeky nod to “Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason” quite possibly?)
- reference to his appearance in “Girl With The Pearl Earring” which is also the painting they try to steal from the national gallery - one of the answers during their quiz show being Pride & Prejudice (may just be coincidence but Man cmon its too good)
- dog is called Mr Darcy and when it stars humping Colin’s leg he shakes it off and it flies out of a window and into a lawNMOWER????
- references between colin and rupert everett to the film “Another Country” which they both starred in
basically if you needed any more reason to watch st trinian’s this is it (also, yknow, colin firth is in it)