y’know sometimes I really think about how Fallout New Vegas was an actual game that happened
like, this was a game in a series that’s about a post-apocalyptic wasteland with a 50′s esque setting. The main character is usually from a vault or has a connection to a vault and has some goal that mostly involved saving someone, you tend to run around a shithole filled with mutated abominations and bloodthirsty raiders
and then you get this game that just
like Fallout New Vegas was a game that included:
- mass murdering roman legionary cosplayers
- post apocalyptic cowboys and cowboy robots
- a dominatrix zombie
- a sexbot called ‘Fisto’ that you can test-fuck
- an entire clan of Elvis impersonators
- Chandler from Friends
- fucking giant killer wasps twice the size of a person
- a bunch of Genghis Khan cosplayers
- old ladies that try to mug you with rolling pins
- a casino that’s secretly a bunch of cannibals
And the main character, well
Fallout 1: Your from a Vault and you have to find a water chip to save your vault.
Fallout 2: you’re from a tribe descended from a vault and you have to find a GECK to save you village.
Fallout 3: your from a vault and you have to find your dad and save the wasteland.
Fallout New Vegas: You’re a fucking mailman from christ knows where and you have to find the asshole who shot you and then fuck up the mojave two ways from sunday.
I dunno I just think this game was a wondrous masterpiece