HEADCANON THAT YURI IS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY??? HELLO IM HERE I WAS TAKING PHOTOS YESTERDAY AND DEADASS WAS LIKE "Yuri's into photography and loves to use Otabek as his model"
OH YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW !!
Consider the following:
○Yuri’s grandpa passed down all his old cameras because Yuri really started showing interest in it at around 13 years old.
○ дедушка / dedushka taught him all the basics like finding the best natural lighting and using white backgrounds and focus settings
○ Initially Yuri just takes a lot of pictures of Potya and some different tourist-y type photos around Moscow and St. Petersburg.
○When he gets an instagram account he uses horrible filters just like everyone else. so many black and white pictures from high angles. So many Velencia selfies. Twenty pictures of Potya as a kitten, easily.
○ When he becomes friends with Otabek they go to one of those cheesy photo booths at the mall while shopping one day. It becomes a tradition and they get a new photo strip each time Otabek visits him (or vice versa). (Honestly i could write a whole fic about them taking photo booth pictures and it showing the progression of their relationship tbh)
○After they start dating, Yuri is constantly taking pictures of Otabek. Of course when they travel they have to take cool pictures of all the sights but Yuri often finds himself taking candids of Otabek with his hair ruffled by the wind, his sunglasses on, and something like the eiffel tower out of focus in the background. (”I capture what’s important, Beka. Obviously.”)
○The treatment doesn’t stop at home, either. Otabek just looks so cute when he’s curled up in his favorite chair with his glasses on, a book in his lap. Or when it’s 2 AM and he’s sitting at his desk with his giant studio headphones on, working on a mix. Or just when he’s you know, existing. Otabek always looks perfect through the lens.
○Yuri’s entire memories section on snapchat is just saved snaps of he and Otabek playing around with the filters.
○He never used the old polaroid that grandpa gave him because he couldn’t be bothered to buy the replacement film, until he has Otabek as a subject/model. He’s worth the film.
○ Polaroids slowly fill the apartment. Clipped to the fridge, in frames, under the glass of the coffee table. Everywhere Yuri can stick them.
○ One night Otabek is drifting to sleep, Yuri is tracing little patterns onto his back and suddenly stops, telling him not to move. He hears Yuri get his camera and hears the flash go off, then grumbles and rolls over to his side, but there’s a trace of a smile on his lips nonetheless. “You’re obsessed with me, Yura.” he teases, and Yuri just shrugs. “So what if I am? I have a strong eye for these things, Beka.”