Figured I’d get around to posting some costume pics from last year. I made a Lynne costume from Ghost Trick, which was the biggest wig project I’ve ever attempted. I followed exeliax’s tutorial on DeviantArt, and tweaked a few things in accordance with what supplies I had.

The whole costume took me about 4 months to put together. I’ll need to take more pictures with it next time I take it to a con (probably DragonCon this year). 

Also the wig surprisingly didn’t give me a headache. It’s heavy, but not very noticeable when wearing it.

Requested by @needlekind! I didn’t really take many progress shots but I took a few, here is the story of my lynne wig: 

I bought a wig and matching wefts in the same colour from Epiccosplay, craft foam from an art store and heaps of pva glue. I also used some sturdy wire and a headband. 

First I cut out 6 pieces of foam and sewed them together to make the 3 pieces of lynne’s ponytail, leaving them open at the bottom. I did this so that I could then slot something inside them to keep the ponytail up. I picked a colour that matched the hair so you wouldn’t see it through the gaps. 

In this pic you can hardly see the stitches due to the vibrant colours. 

I then slowly started gluing hair down onto each piece with PVA glue. Do this slowly and in layers or you’ll end up with clumpy gross hair. Smooth the pva down along the grain of the hair with your fingers, and just do 1 side at a time and wait for everything to dry. 

When that was done I cut off the excess hair at the bottom and finished it with a bit more glue so it wouldn’t fray. I then stitched the pieces together AND hot glued them to make the cock’s comb shape. Then I hot glued on some white craft foam to be the hair clip thing.

To hold it up I built this very haphazard sort of base thing. I took a headband, wrapped some wire around it, wrapped some duct tape around that, and tada. Basically the idea was to create a base that would balance the ponytail a bit and give it something to sit on. Ultimately I wore this frame under the wig with 1 vertical bit of wire poking out between the gaps in the wig cap. Then, I slid the ponytail onto that. (probably not the best way to build the frame, it wasn’t super balanced and I had to keep adjusting it on the day). I tried to make kind of a T shape coming off the headband so there was a bit of a second headband shape at the back of my head. 

This was taken after the fact so enjoy all the bits of hair stuck in the duct tape

Poke the wire through the gap in the wig

Slide the ponytail onto the wire


It pretty much worked!! I hope this helps!