On the chance that AOS doesn’t get renewed or if it gets one last season, I do hope that ABC greenlights “Marvel’s Ghost Rider” to take AOS’ place as ABC’s main Marvel show.
1) His arc was basically a backdoor pilot for his show. Established his backstory and left the audience wanting more from this character. Robbie was one of those characters who you wanted to see explored more but not necessarily confined to a show where he’s not the lead (like how people wanted a Punisher spin-off after appearing in DD season 2).
2) Plus, a GR show could establish a Riderverse within the MCU, like how CW has the Arrowverse. Ghost Rider could easily lead to Blade, the Darkhold Redeemers / Kamar-Taj, and Man-Thing. There’s a LOT of supernatural Marvel that hasn’t been tapped yet and a Riderverse could be a fun way to do so.
3) There’s the added benefit of GR not being held to the movies because, aside from Doctor Strange, the Avengers and GOTG have nothing to do with the supernatural.
4) If GR gets greenlit to take AOS’s place, I can definitely see Chloe Bennet jumping over to GR as the main female lead. Henry Simmons could also come on the show since he briefly took over the GR spirit.
5) A big complaint that AOS got in season one was that there were no major Marvel superheroes appearing on the show. Sure, we got Deathlok and Lady Sif and later on, Skye was revealed to be Quake, but a lot of people wanted one of the top Marvel players on the show, like how CW features Green Arrow, Flash, and now Supergirl. Ghost Rider is not necessarily an A-list Marvel hero but he’s definitely well-known. I mean, he has two (albeit shitty) movies, obviously there’s fan demand for this character.
6) Ayyyeee, Hispanic/Latinx representation. Along with Gabe, I’m pretty sure most of the main cast will be Hispanic/Latinx. That alone would generate a lot of positive buzz. Plus, if Mack and Daisy appear on the show as series regulars, that’s just more POC representation.
7) QuakeRider can live.
Also, yes, Inhumans is there but I’m not sure if it’s going to be one of those shows that gets like 22-23 episodes per season. That’s definitely a wait-and-see situation.
Prompt: “I’m not wearing a dress.” And “I’m not wearing a tie.” Pairing: Robbie Reyes x Reader Warnings: None Word Count: 500 A/N: I love Robbie and there is a serious lack of imagines for him. So here is my contribution. Sorry it’s so short but I kinda lost where I was going with it. I hope you like it as please feel free to request anything!!
Living with the Reyes’ had its ups and downs. For the most time, it was awesome. But there were certain situations Robbie managed to guilt you into that you would rather not do. This time it was Gabe’s parents evening. Since Eli had been put behind bars, you had been tutoring Gabe and helping Robbie keep his new persona a secret. It bugged you that you had to lie to Gabe about where Robbie was all the time. It killed you knowing where he was. “C’mon. You’ve gotta get ready.” Robbie said from the doorway of your shared room. “Do I have to go?” “Yes, you promised Gabe, remember?” He smirked. “Fine, but I’m not wearing a dress.” “And I’m not wearing a tie. It’s a parents evening, not a movie premier.” He laughed. ___________________________________________________________________________ The parents evening had gone fine. The teacher praised you for helping Gabe get his grades back up after the accident and what had happened with his uncle. You were back at the house and Gabe was fast asleep in bed. Robbie had suggested you both watch a movie considering you hadn’t had a night to yourselves in such a long time. You were happier that he wasn’t off hunting people while on fire. You were situated against his chest but twisted so you could pull his lips to yours. He pulled back and smiled. “I love you.” “I love you too. Even if you do spontaneously combust.” You laughed. “Really, (Y/N).” Robbie looked at you funny. “What it’s a point. I’m not gonna run at the first sight of trouble.” You said seriously wrapping your arms around his neck. “I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve you.” He whispered. “I could say the same, Reyes.” You murmured before connecting your lips again. “You two should get a room.” Gabe’s voice suddenly came from the doorway. “In fact, don’t ‘cause yours is right next to mine.” He muttered. You and Robbie just laughed. “What are you doing up anyway?” Robbie called. “Needed a drink.” Gabe shouted as he wheeled himself back into his room. “Jesus, we should turn in.” You said as you looked at the clock on the wall. Robbie turned the TV off and swept you up into his arms. “Robbie! Put me down!” You whisper screamed to not disturb Gabe. “No way, Chica.” He laughed and carried you into your room. He dropped you on the bed and then laid down next to you. Neither of you could be bothered to change clothes so you just fell asleep in your clothes.
Robbie: “And there’s nothing, just darkness, then I heard the voice was asking me if I wanted the second chance, did I want to punish them who hurt my brother, did I want to avenge my own death. I answered yes… more than anything, yes… and I was alive again and you’re right, someone was there when I came to, but it wasn’t a Good Samaritan, it was the Devil.
Yeaaasssss, there’s Johnny fucking Blaze!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG
• Robbie doesnt know why she sits in the quinnjet all the time and he’s not sure he wants to but one day he passes by it on the plane and she’s just sitting there staring at the pilots seat, eventually Fitz comes by and notices him staring at her and her staring at the seat and his heart literally breaks because he knows and everyone else knows but Robbie and he knows its not his place to tell him so he doesnt (instead he tells him to ask her, Fitz knows she’ll tell him, for some reason she has no problem with it)
• When Robbie does get the courage to go and ask her why she stares at it all day long, the look he sees in her eyes is heart breaking because he can see it all the pain but mostly the love behind it, she does tell him. she tells him why she sits and stares all day long.The man she loved died and this was the last place she saw him (he hates himself for a while after it because now he really wishes he didnt know, so he could keep believing she was just some vigilante who hates shield)
• After she tells him she starts coming out of the area more, one day Coulson almost fainted because he saw them smiling and laughing in the cargo bay next to Lola, she was telling him about how it could fly and how her hair looked like a fricking birds nest after, Robbie had never laughed so much thinking about it
• Jemma likes him, she doesnt know why maybe its because he saved them both or because she hasnt seen daisy smile like she has in a while and he’s the reason, so when she catches up to him at the base one day they start talking she starts to see why, they started talking about science (Robbie is smarter than he’d like to admit the only reason he didnt go to college was for Gabe, he totally would’ve been a giant nerd and no one can tell me otherwise) and when Daisy walks past the lab and sees them geeking out her heart literally swells
• Mack has a giant bro crush on him, he saw the way he drove at the prison and he busted a fricking nut, one day Robbie catches him staring at the hell charger with such adoration that he lets him sit in (no way in hell was letting him drive it) he wouldnt even give him a ride to go see yoyo at one point because in Gabes words “he doesnt give people rides”
• the passenger seat of the charger is pretty much reserved for daisy, sometimes she hangs out inside like she did in the SUV in season one, at one point Robbie catches her inside asleep in the most uncomfortable position and he just shakes his head and puts the computer in the drivers seat and tells mack where she is (he doesnt want to leave her there, but he doesnt want to over step his bounds and y’know mans gotta keep up appearances)
• one night the plane had landed and the back was open (like in the first episode when they watched the ship launch) Daisy was sitting on the hood of the car with her laptop and beer just watching horizon and Robbie has this habit of just appearing out of nowhere and scares the absolute crap out of her when she looks to her right and sees him sitting there with a beer and not saying a word
• we know that coulson said robbie was growing on him but its really May that likes him the most, they both have that brooding thing going on and they both noticed it the first time they met, one day at the base daisy walks into the kitchen to get food for her and mack and she literally walks into a pillar because she saw May and Robbie in the kitchen with matching grumpy cat mugs (they were drinking out of them and talking she even saw them laugh at her and sHE ALMOST DIED because 1. robbie was laughing 2. robbie had a really nice laugh 3. may was laughing 4. she just walked into brick and is 70% sure she just broke her nose)
• when Daisy meets Gabe again she almost dies again because she doesnt know what he told Robbie about her leaving so she kinda just “yikes” and steers clear for a while until Robbie notices that everytime he’s with Gabe she pretty much ignores him (he says he’s not hurt by it but the first time it happens he’s looking under the hood with mack and Gabes inside the charger and Daisy literally takes one look and turns away, mack literally bursts out laughing at the offence Robbie took to it) after she was going to walk away for the 60th time he looks down at Gabe to see he is giving her the biggest death glare (their first impression was terrible and she doesnt want to make it worse so they never had time to fix it) after seeing the look he locks them in a room together and makes them hash it out.
• that was his biggest fucking mistake and regrets every second of it because the second they came out of the room all buddy buddy and saw the mischievous look in their eyes he literally DIED
• He learns later on that Gabe stashed a photo album in the trunk of the charger specifically for this purpose (he had hope one day his brother would get laid and he could show them how much he lil baby wiener hadnt changed +dont make me get into the nsfw shit ill be here for 6 years) anyways he sees Daisy and Gabe in the kitchen in the base with the whole gang surrounding them (they hadnt been there at first but coulson got one good look at baby reyes and texted the whole squad) he goes over to see what their looking at bc hey we’re all friends here but the second he gets close enough they literally scatter, daisy and gabe are the only ones who own up to it bc they wanna tease him for the rest of his life (daisy even said that to him and he’s kinda glad because he’s hoping that means she’s gonna be in his life a lot longer)
I HAVE TO STOP HERE BC IM NEVER GONNA GET ANYTHING DONE, MEG U DID THIS
Daisy has such a big heart , even when it’s broken, and a huge capacity for empathy and listening to people she cares about.
In the first arc, she was still reeling from Hive/Lincoln/ being a wanted vigilante but she immediately picks up that Robbie wants to get rid of the Ghost Rider. Gabe kicked her out, but she didn’t hold it against him because she knew he was trying to protect Robbie. Robbie knew how to hurt her and most likely did after their conversation in the Quinjet (about why she feels the need to stay away from those she cares about). But she still cares for him.
I wonder if Robbie thought about all these things while being a passenger in hell , and whether that’s why he was all heart eyes for Daisy when he was back.
His interactions with her were loving and tender and thoughtful and I feel like that’s what Daisy (and Robbie) needs.