Friends Help Friends Fight Dysphoria
Hey friends, this is just a reminder that dysphoria is lessened with transition but for many trans people, no matter their stage in transition, IT NEVER GOES AWAY, so any chance you get to pay one of your trans friends a GENUINE, NON-CREEPY compliment about their transition or their appearance, take it! (Unless you know they prefer you not, always take what your friends say about their preferences over some random person on the internet.) External reinforcement can be super helpful.
- “That dress looks so cute on you, it’s super femme, it really suits you.”
- “Your new haircut frames your face, wow.”
- “Those glasses really make your jaw look square, very boss.”
- “Totally androgynous look today, it’s very you.”
- “Your makeup really makes you look like a girl.” (Trans women are women!)
- “I almost forgot you weren’t always a man, you look really butch today.” (Trans men were always men.)
- Anything about hormones or how they’re affecting a person, UNLESS THEY BRING IT UP or you have already discussed that it’s okay for you to bring up HRT.
- Do I even need to say that it’s never okay to talk about what’s in someone’s pants, ever?
Thank you, be awesome to each other!