That awkward moment when you realize Redwall Abbey is the richest place in the entire Redwallverse.
Things The Abbey Has That Blow Vermins’ Minds:
- Stained glass windows. Windows that aren’t just a hole in your wall.
- Fruit trees. All in one place. With several varieties available.
- Really big well-built stone walls.
- Fireplaces constructed so the room doesn’t fill with smoke.
- Actual beds. No seriously. Think about it.
- A hand-woven tapestry that decorates an entire wall.
- Multiple ovens.
- A fish pond. And it’s not just for decoration. But it kind of is.
- A deep cellar that keeps drinks cool. (That’s like the future.)
- Stone floors, not dirt floors.
- An apiary. Just… just go in your backyard and grab some honey. Do it.
- Wall sconces.
- Random assorted objects made of metal and not wood. Whoa.
- Books. Parchment. Quill pens. Ink. More than one of these items each.
- A well-stocked food and beverage collection.
- Abbess Germaine’s spectacles. Like, glasses.
- Legitimate stonework. Decorative gargoyles, statues, etc.
- Martin’s sword.
- Furniture. Chairs that are at least mildly comfortable. Cabinets.
- Two ridiculously huge, shiny metal bells.