Here are 10 things you should never do or say at the groomers.
1. Never ask for a “puppy cut” unless you really know what that is and you have a poodle.
2. Never sigh for any reason.
3. Never ask us to make your _____ breed dog not look like the breed they are. We are groomers, not magicians.
4. Don’t comment about how long it takes to groom your dog when we are only asking to keep your dog for two hours. Also, don’t leave your dog all day without asking first.
5. Never draw a big zero with a line through it on the tip line. If you don’t want to tip then leave the space blank.
6. Don’t call at 1 pm and ask for an appointment that day or ask to get in tomorrow, especially during summer and holidays.
7. Don’t expect favors from your groomer because you are such a good client. Chances are if you think you are a good client you probably are not.
8. Never say “Wow, that costs more than my hair cut!” Your hairstylist does not wash your butt, express your anal glands, or clean out your eye boogies, and you don’t get a mani/pedi with your haircut.
9. Don’t tell us you just combed out your dog last night while we tell you there will be an extra charge and your dog will be really short today.
10. NEVER complain about the price. It is likely your groomer is just barely making ends meet, does not have health insurance, and does not have retirement savings. Grooming is a very physically demanding job, if anything your bill should be more.