am i the only one who hates gardienne/Erika? she's so stupid
cut her some slack the poor girl has been imprisoned, lied to, used as a bait, almost chocked to death by a psychopathic plant, nearly drowned and died and she just lost her family and friends and her whole life basically bc the people she trusted betrayed her in the worst way possible
The whole James Roberts/Megatron controversy is wayyy overblown and
people are treating James Roberts like he’s writing Megatron as if he
never did anything wrong but let’s not forget the following points:
@milky-waee tagged me in the “tell me ten things about yourself” tag.
I am bad at thinking of disconnected things like that, so instead I’m going to tell you the story of my relationship with Korea and EXO, and cunningly organise it into a numbered list.
1. I started learning Korean in 1997 at my primary school, when it was introduced as a kind of pre-Hallyu soft power move to encourage the good trade relationship between Australia and Korea to continue.
2. I was actually pretty good at it and won a bunch of state-wide competitions for reciting Korean poetry. One of the prizes I won was a book about a 도깨비 (goblin). He did not look at all like Gong Woo.
3. After two years of learning Korean and several years of forgetting Korean, all I could remember was the names of a handful of animals and colours, and the children’s song about television that Jongin is singing here: https://youtu.be/sPAud9Rtrow (the third song, at 12s)
4. Earlier this year, while recovering from two years of life-threatening levels of anxiety and depression, I was thinking about a school trip to Korea that ten-year-old me wasn’t allowed to go on and about how I was ready to take on something challenging and exciting, so I decided to set a goal of living in Korea for a few months some time in the next couple of years with a stretch goal of taking the intermediate level TOPIK exam next April.
5. Since I still remembered that television song, I thought music would be a good tool for practicing grammar and learning new vocabulary. So I downloaded a torrent of random kpop, and made a playlist of some songs that I liked, and there was one that I liked enough to play over and over again, and I went “oh it’s EXO, isn’t that the idol group that guy who sang Lu escaped from? Maybe I’ll check out the music video.” “Wow, this man is the most handsome man I have ever seen.” “Wait, who is this other guy and why are his eyes so beautiful.” “And now he is wearing a see-through shirt and those boots and god, his thighs are amazing…” “Like really really amazing.” “I’d better google him and find out all the bad stuff he’s done, so I can cure myself of these heart eyes.” “Google is telling me he is literally flawless and everyone loves him? Er… he’s gotta be a bit dumb, at least, right? Aren’t pretty people supposed to skate by on their good looks and not be hard-working or intelligent?” “Doctoral candidate. Fuck.”
6. Really though, music and v lives have ended up being two of my favourite ways of doing low-key Korean practice.
7. The recovery from depression mentioned in number 4 is why I give zero fucks when people think I should be embarrassed to be a grown woman who likes a boy band. For two years, I couldn’t get enthusiastic about anything, not even coffee, and I really love coffee. Now I am able to love things again, I love them unreservedly and unapologetically. I am so so grateful to be alive and loving exo and loving the world and reblogging pictures of cute cats… I’m not going to let anyone make me feel bad about that.
8. This is also why I reblog cheesy, feel-good text posts.
9. This is also why those “cheer up, don’t worry, let’s love each other and work together, we can do anything” songs that SM groups do are always my favourites.
10. Just a few minutes with We Young or 빛 or Young and Free or Power or even Borders makes me feel happier and stronger and less worried and more capable.
I am bad at tagging people so just… do this if you want, I guess?
also that anon reminded me;; thank you for what you guys are saying im grateful and kinda flustered about what yall think of me i know im no good articulating my feelings into words and it seems like sometimes i brush them off but i really am grateful
In the show, can we maybe skip the whole ‘alec slut shaming and being super jealous whenever magnus mentions literally anyone from his past’-part? Like, i feel like CC basically made that a third of malec’s story line and it was just really biphobic and i really want Shadowhunters to do better than that. Can we just get a lot of malec screen time and fluff instead, please? T h a n k.
Who you think is the most underrated character in the series for you? Or a non main character that you would like to know more about? I would love to know more about glossaryck, and all his backstories. And also about Janna, like she has te potential to have an active rol in the series, and as for the intro it seems that in season 3 it will be like that, and i really hope it will.
Glossaryck is not exactly an underrated character, but he’s for sure the one I’d like to know more about the most. I’d like for Jackie to have more screentime as well, but more than out of genuine interest in the character, it’s because until she get a deeper personality, some flaws, some insight on her thoughts, the Starco - Jarco plots can’t properly progress. Don’t get me wrong, she still has room to develop, ma so far she didn’t strik me as that interesting, and she already had way more screentime than Janna or Tom, fan favorites, did in S1.
“With modeling, you are judged on your looks. It’s easy to take that personally, but you have to realize that it’s only your appearance that’s being judged, not you as a whole. If you didn’t, you’d be destroyed.”
You all realise It’s incredibly unhealthy to pick apart everything a celeb says or does or to hold them to these unreachable crazy standards that y'all have in your head, like no one can live up to level you hold celebs at literally every single person is problematic and says shitty things, it’s become this stupid trend to just jump on the band wagon and blindly hate someone because you heard from somewhere they were ‘problematic’. It’s more than okay to call them out if they’ve said something offensive or stupid but it’s not okay to then bully people that still chose to like them. Stop trusting the people of tumblr so much in who to like and who not to, its your choice and you shouldn’t feel guilty for it. The media is one sided and you see a fraction of who they are and most of the things u hate them for are from completely unreliable sources or some blogger said it so it must be true . Like how do y'all have friends if you’re this way about strangers, Jesus.