[EPISODE] 124. The Coming Terror of Darkness! Struggle of the Eight Senshi.
Series: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S
Kana: 迫り来る闇の恐怖! 苦戦の8戦士
Romaji: Semari Kuru Yami no Kyoufu! Kusen no 8 Senshi
Original Air Date: February 4, 1995
Director: Takuya Igarashi
Writer: Yoji Enokido
Animation Director: Ikuko Ito
Plot: The final battle between the Sailor Senshi and the Death Busters begins.
- The Space Sword and Deep Aqua Mirror were returned to Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune respectively. The two Sailor Senshi performed unnamed attacks with those weapons, too.
- Shabon Spray and the original Crescent Beam were both seen for the last time.
- Germatoid physically appeared for the first time, but this episode included his final appearance as well.
- Haruka and Michiru’s helicopter was destroyed.
- This episode featured the only use of Time Stop.
- Cloverway’s English dub (titled “Who’s Really Who?”):
Burning Mandala was called “Mars Fire Ignite” rather than “Mars Celestial Fire Surround.”
Sailor Pluto seemingly died to save her teammates from the helicopter explosion. When the missing Talismans reappeared, Sailors Uranus and Neptune heard Pluto say “talisman.” Yet in the dub, Pluto actually had a brief conversation with Uranus and Neptune despite the fact that she is supposed to be dead.
The mute, doll-like daimon were given clownish voices.
As she ran towards Germatoid with her sword, Sailor Uranus just shouted “Uranus” instead of an actual attack name.
Sailor Moon’s four guardians referred to their force field as a “Sailor Box.” The scene, originally silent, was filled with dialogue between the Sailor Scouts.
- Mugen Academy
- The Death Busters’ laboratory
- Mamoru Chiba’s residence