CAN YOU DO ONE WHERE YN IS FROM AUSTRALIA!! Thank you i love your writing!
Hey there, I really like your writing and i only just followed you today so sorry for my spamming! do you have any Imagines where Y/N is Australian? ❤️️
Omg you’re Australian too?? Can you write something where the reader is from Australian, maybe Queensland or something??
hey, can i please have one where y/n is from Australia and with George and really fluffy please? sorry it isn’t very specific, i just need Australian y/n ahaha
George fluff is all I need in life can you please write a George fluff!
A/N: so I found all my notes… Turns out the problem was that I logged out of iCloud… I’m an idiot. ANYWAY, I’ve gotten a few requests for an Australian reader as well as a lot of Hufflepuff readers, so here is both! P.S. You’d think that this would clear up a lot of my asks, nope I still have exactly 100 requests
It was February, meaning that back home it would be scorching hot, the sun would be blazing down and everyone would be in desperate need of cooling off. Here at Hogwarts however, the grounds were blanketed with snow and with more and more coming down, you swear you even saw the Whomping Willow shiver. You were from Australia, meaning that you in particular were more sensitive to the harsh cold that Scotland brought around this time of year.
You were in the Gryffindor common room with your friend George Weasley. It was 9pm meaning that most of Gryffindor were coming in and out of their common room, Fred and Lee doing god knows what and god knows where. The Gryffindors didn’t mind when you would come into their common room, knowing how close you were to the Weasley twins.
You and George both sat on the floor with your backs leant against the couch, your homework sprawled out messily on the small table in front of the fire. You and George had been trying to finish off your Charms work, and have been here for almost two hours.
You had written one and a half paragraphs.
George had written seven words.
It’s not that the work was hard, it was just that you two would somehow manage to goof off at any random time, making the other one laugh and lose concentration too. That, and you were freezing your arse off.
“I think that even if I jumped into that fire I still wouldn’t be warm enough,” you complain, looking into the fire with your arms crossed.
George let out a chuckle, “You can’t seriously be that cold”.
You shot a glare at George, your bottom lip shivering along with the rest of your body as you tried to pull yourself into the tightest ball you could form.
“…Shit, okay, maybe you are that cold,” George said with another laugh, but was also kinda worried.
“I am, I’m absolutely freezing, Georgie,” you say sadly, making a move to gather your belongings, “I think I might head back to my common room, it’s just way too cold,”
“Don’t be silly Y/n, I’ll give you a jumper,” George says getting up before you can protest, “come up and I’ll let you pick one out, God knows Mum’s knitted me enough of the things…”
You giggle, standing up with George and follow him towards his dorm. Truth is, you didn’t really want to leave him anyway.
You followed George up the winding staircase, your arms still wrapped tightly around your body, feeling colder and colder with each step you took away from the fire.
“Here it is, the Gryffindor men’s sleeping quarters,” George announces, arms stretched out, showing off the messy room.
You slowly twirl around in a small circle taking in everything in the room. There was Gryffindor merch stuck to every wall and hanging off every bedpost, practically all of the beds were messy, and you were almost certain that you could tell whose bed was whose just by looking at the types of things spread across them.
“Take your pick,” George says as he dumps a load of jumpers from his arms onto his bed, catching your attention.
“I like this one, it’s got a big G on it, G for Ginny I suppose,” you say, looking up at George who was mid-eye roll. You giggled and slipped the knitted jumper over your head, the jumper reaching half way down your thighs and the sleeves about five inches too long, “it’s a perfect fit!” you say happily, causing George to let out a laugh.
“Now Y/n I will warn you, this lovely one-of-a-kind jumper does come at a cost,”
You let out an overdramatised gasp, “I knew there was a catch!”
George took a step closer towards you, rubbing the back of his neck, “I’m afraid so, because as you see I don’t have a great deal of jumpers, I can’t just give them away to every pretty girl I see,”
You look over at the pile of about ten jumpers still on his bed, “There must be a lot of pretty girls at Hogwarts then,” you say with a smile.
“Ehhh, there’s one pretty girl in particular, and unfortunately she hasn’t paid the price for this fine sweater I’ve just given her,” he says with a smirk, taking another step closer.
“Alright then Georgie, how much will this sweater be costing me?”
“One?” you ask with confusion, “one what?”
“One kiss,” George said, wiggling his eyebrows.
Whilst you were in complete shock, you pretended to be totally nonchalant to the whole situation. You folded your arms and looked up as if contemplating your decision.
“I guessit is a warm jumper…” you start,
“Oh yes, quite possibly the warmest jumper on the planet I daresay,” George encourages, taking a final step towards you and placing his hands on your hips,
“And the Hufflepuff common room is terribly cold…” you add,
“I can imagine it is, yes, what better way to keep warm than with an oversized sweater?” George says, playing with the hem of the jumper as you slide your hands around the back of his neck,
“I think you might have yourself a deal, Mr. Weasley,” you whisper, your face inches away from his,
“Perfect,” he whispers back before gently pulling you towards him and connecting your lips. You kissed back instantly, your hands playing in his hair as well as one of his holding the back of your head, his thumb brushing over your cheek.
Your kiss was passionate and quite honestly perfect. Your lips moved in sync with each other and your bodies were pressed together.
After a while the two of you pulled back, marking the first time you had ever seen George Weasley actually blushing.
“One kiss for a jumper is very cheap I would’ve thought,” you say with a smile, pressing your forehead against his, “I’m happy to make another payment,”
“There’s no way I’d object to that,” he says, before the two of you started kissing once more.
a/n: okay so I’m really sorry if this took a really long time for me to write, Tumblr forgot to notify me that you requested :( i hope you aren’t offended or anything xx
The library wasn’t your favorite place to be, but then again failing Charms wasn’t your favorite thing to do, so that’s exactly where you were spending your Friday night. There didn’t seem to be too many people joining in on your plans, so you had pretty free range of the tables, which you can’t say that you minded. You get distracted too easily to have any kind of background noises to compete with.
The first few books you had to find were easy, but the last one was a different story. The title of the book had worn off the spine, so you’d spent half an hour looking in the same spot when really it was in the spot you looked first, and you were so frustrated by that that you didn’t even want to give the book the satisfaction of reading it. You add it to the bottom of your pile, picking up one of the ones that were easier to find and flipping to the pages recommended in your notes.
You’re about halfway through when you hear the floor creak from across the room, so you glance over, meeting eyes with a rather flustered looking Draco. His eyebrows raise briefly, before he flips his book shut, pretending to search the shelves for another one. It wouldn’t have been so weird, if he hadn’t done it so quickly. He could’ve been humming for all the subtlety he was showing, and you can feel your cheeks flush at the confrontation of it. You wondered if you had a dumb facial expression on, and felt your cheeks grow even darker.
“Do you know where to find this last one?” you glance up, meeting eyes with calm grey ones. Draco slides one of his hands through his hair, setting the misplaced pieces back in order. You glance at the paper he was gesturing to only to be met with same worn off spined book you’d spent half an hour searching for.
“Oh, that one absolutely sucks. I think I took the last copy, but you can take mine because I’m kind of mad at it to be honest.”
He smiles, gazing at the book you were holding out hesitantly. “We can share it, if you’d like.” he suggests. “I’ll even read it for you so you don’t have to look at it any longer.”
You feel your eyebrows arch. Kind wasn’t the word you’d use to describe Draco Malfoy. But hey, wasn’t there a saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? “Alright. You can have my notes so far then, so we can do the last bit together.”
He smiles again. “Sounds good.” He’d already done those notes. He’d already done the entire notes packet, actually, including the part with the worn off spined book, but that’s not something you needed to know. “Page 381, you said?”
did anyone catch my pun and not stop reading immediately
Imagine twelve year old Harry not even knowing how awful his childhood with Dursleys had been until he gets to the Burrow.
Imagine him seeing Percy asleep with a book on his lap, and being baffled that a kid might feel comfortable enough in his own home to be so vulnerable in the living room.
Imagine Molly coming up to the attic to say goodnight to Ron and Harry, and Harry glancing at Ron when he hears her footsteps, trying to figure out what they had done wrong that day.
Imagine him asking George who does all the house chores, and thinking it’s a joke when George answers, “we all do.”
Imagine Ginny pestering Arthur with questions over the Daily Prophet, and Harry trying to shoot her warning looks to stop it! but then Mr. Weasley looks up and patiently answers every single one.
Imagine Bill popping in for a visit one evening and Harry being floored when Bill stops to chat with him.
Imagine Fred chasing after Harry in the yard, playfighting, but Harry actually begins to run for real fear of being hurt.
Imagine Molly burning something on the stove my accident and tossing it, imagine Harry mentioning to Ron, offhandedly, “she could’ve given that one to me, it’s what I eat at home when I mess up dinner” and not knowing why Ron is horrified.
Imagine Harry seeing what a normal, functioning family looks like, and realizing the absence of love in his own life.
- Draco scrubs the skin on his arm viciously every time he showers. The skin is always red and marked by scratches. He tries so hard to get the mark off of him. He wants to feel clean again.
- George can’t look in the mirror anymore. Not without remembering Fred. He smashes all mirrors in their home. He cuts his hair, he dyes it.
- Neville sees Nagini in his dreams. But in his dreams it reaches Ron and Hermione before he does.
- Harry has multiple wands all around his house hidden in places that only he knows. Beneath his pillow, beneath his bed, under the couch. Just in case.
- Hermione’s boggart is no longer failure.
- Draco and Blaise are afraid of fire.
- Someone accidentally calls George “Fred” once. No one knows who starts crying first.
- Headmistress Miverna Mcgonagall is fierce, powerful and kind. All first years are intimidated and amazed, she seems untouchable. However some nights she roams the school hallways and remembers every student she lost, every life that got taken away too soon, every soul that left them too early.
- Harry suddenly can’t stay in very small rooms. He feels trapped, his throat starts convulsing and his eyes sting.
- Hagrid still feels the weight of what he thought was Harry’s corpse in his hands. It haunts him.
- Hermione, Ron and Harry had gotten so used to spending months having one small meal per day that sometimes they forget they’re supposed to eat.
- Harry rolls in his sleep once and hits his forehead against the night stand on accident, when he wakes up with pain on his forehead his heart sinks and his whole body freezes. It isn’t until he sees the bruise that he’s able to calm down. Because Voldemort isn’t back.
- Ron dreams that he’s back in their tent, traveling and hiding, he’s changing the radio stations and he hears Ginny’s names as one of the victims.
- Molly always has “where’s Fred?” on the tip of her tongue, at all times.
- Harry spends the year post-war discovering who he is, what he loves, other than the Boy-who-lived and the Savior-of-the-Wizarding-World. Because there are things he never had time to think about, never had time to experiment, never had time to experience. Sometimes he wonders if coming back had been the right choice, because it hurt so bad on some days that he couldn’t take it.
- When Teddy is sad or scared and he’s crying, Harry tells him stories and shows him pictures of his parents, it’s then and only then that he calms down and his hair goes back to normal.
- Harry pulls back to himself when the date of his death nears every year, his friends do everything in their power to bring him out of it.
- Draco and Harry have talks about the war some nights, both saw what Voldemort was capable of, Harry in his dreams, Draco in his home. Both understand.
- Luna is quirkier and weirder than ever before. She always does everything in her power to lighten up the mood in the room when the silence is bitter and mournful. It’s like she can’t stop shifting and smiling and nervously twitching and saying random facts about things no one has heard of before. Everyone knows it’s her way of coping, of staying positive. So no one minds. It’s comforting.
- Harry gets the sudden desire to travel all over the world. Sometimes Ron and Hermione come with him, others he goes alone, once Neville joins him. Draco does too.
- Draco starts writing, he writes thousands of words on some nights and none on others. He’s good at it, too.
- Harry always, without fail, looks for Sirius’ constellation. He visits his grave too, tells him how things are going in his life, how he’s coping, how he isn’t.
- Hermione getting a tattoo of blooming pastel flowers on top of her “mudblood” scar, because she’s alive, many her friends are alive and she wants to remember that.
And maybe not all is well, maybe they have scars time cannot erase, but they’re together, their hearts are still beating, so it’ll be okay. They’re going to be okay.
headcanon that the only reason lee jordan remains quidditch commentator despite getting told off for unnecessary comments during every match is that he’s the only candidate who can tell the gryffindor beaters apart