When the director of The Ghost in the Shell calls Scarlett Johansson “the best of her generation” what he actually means is she’s the most popular.
Only white actresses were considered for The Ancient One.
A Chinese actor with 15 years of martial arts experience auditioned for Iron First and was told he had to be the villain to a white hero.
An Indigenous actress was told to her face that she couldn’t audition for Tiger Lily because they didn’t want the character to be Native anymore.
So until Hollywood stops discriminating at casting calls and allows people of color their fair shot in this business I don’t want to see anymore white people being held up as the best in the business in defense of whitewashing.
- 6th year Albus and Scorpius exploring their sexuality with each other.
- Clumsily touching lips, noses bumping, hushed apologies from behind Albus’s bed curtains despite a silencing spell already being cast because deep down they were so worried that what they were doing was wrong.
- Continuing this for several weeks as they grow more and more comfortable with each other.
- Stealing quick kisses in abandoned corridors, exchanging looks in the library, loving the rush they get when they hear footsteps walk past their empty dorm.
- Rose finally accepting Scorpius’ date invitation after years of asking.
- Scorpius saying yes without a thought, and telling Albus without a care in the world.
- Albus’s heart dropping in his chest as Scorpius tells him the “wonderful news.”
- ”You were wrong Albus. You really were just a game to him. Don’t be heartbroken; you should have seen it coming.”
- Going on only two (uneventful) dates with Rose before him beginning to miss Albus’s lips against his own, wanting to feel his arms wrapped around his waist again.
- “He doesn’t miss you, Scorpius. You’re meant to be with Rose, a girl. You were just fooling around. That’s what teenagers do, right?”
- Albus and Scorpius relaxing by the fireplace together one winter night and getting a bit too playful.
- Scorpius pinning Albus to the soft carpet and hovering above him for a moment before instinctively leaning in.
- Albus completely freezing up at first, not being able to help but notice how beautifully the glow of the fire captured all of Scorpius’s features.
- His heart beating faster as their lips finally touch, sending a large chill down his spine.
- Their kiss becoming more and more heated, Scorpius’s mouth beginning to kiss along Albus’s jawline.
- A soft “I love you” slipping past his lips as they parted from his skin briefly.
- Albus shoving him off half-heartedly and trying to look past the hurt in his eyes.
- “You don’t mean that. You’re straight and in love with my cousin.”
- Scorpius still lightly panting, lips pink and hair messy, raising his eyebrow and shaking his head in disagreement.
- Him finally admitting, “I was scared to love you, but I know now. I can’t stand being without you.”
- Albus’s cheeks glowing Weasley-red, the tint being illuminated even more by the warm glow of the first place.
- Him pressing a shy kiss onto the boy’s cheek before whispering:
From the commentary, apparently Jubilee’s the fashionable team vampire mom, Morph is the resident Sad Boy, Hindsight’s the new half Korean character (like writer Christina Strain herself) who has psychometric powers and loves vintage clothing, Bling is struggling to find herself and fit in her diamond skin, and Naturegirls going to have a hard time connecting with the others because she understands nature better then people. There wasn’t info for Eyeboy and Quentin, but the art is from Christina Strain’s twitter. Strain chose artist Amilcar Pina to be the penciller bc of his alternative and modern style. Check both of them out on Twitter! Issue 1 of Generation X is coming out in May!