stuff i like about the series of unfortunate events netflix show so far
- leans into the cartoonishness of the setting in a funny and charming way, like count olaf’s house being a dark dilapidated castle in the middle of a pristine suburb, or how puppet-y it looks whenever sunny chews on something
- neil patrick harris’ count olaf provides a lot of comic relief but still comes off as a genuine threat to the kids
- we get to see more members of vfd in action! also kind of a stretch but maybe jacqueline is a genderflipped jacques snicket? seems like a suspicious choice of name for a new character.
- obviously a huge amount of respect for the source material, with references to future stuff like the sugar bowl and the medusoid mycelium, but adding new subplots as well
- the pond gustav fell into looks a bit like the hotel denouement one? idk
- VIOLET STOPPED COUNT OLAF BY SIGNING THE MARRIAGE DOCUMENT WITH HER LEFT HAND. A DECADE-OLD WRONG HAS BEEN RIGHTED.
- the vfd tunnels
- lemony snicket as a rod serling-type narrator allowing them to fit in a bunch of his lines from the books
- snicket mentions being distraught and horrified by the kids’ situation and crying himself to sleep, but it’s treated as a normal reaction to distressing events and not any kind of weak or shameful thing, idk i thought that was nice
- the deliberately anachronistic setting now includes calling the i.t. people to fix a typewriter and telling time with an hourglass you bought online
To compensate for the fact that I won’t actually have time to play it properly until next week, I scribbled some Overwatch fanart on my lunchbreak! Genderflipped Roadhog - which I guess would be Roadsow?
*Characters not necessarily to scale across pictures, but to each other.
This was a fun ask to answer! As for an actual yuri verison…
Yuno is the planned MC for the “yuri” version. Though her story is EXTREMELY way down the line. She also gets 6 companions (Currently: Gryphon, Insect, Naga, Plant, Slime, Sting Ray).
Yuno will be making a cameo in INoaMon since both take place in the same universe. She works at Galatea and her design is not final but will most likely be drawing some traits from what femGrenn looked like. Who knows, I may even change my mind about that since things can change!
An AU where Fem!Yukimura is Saizo’s MC. After became traumatized by his recent mission, Saizo is sent to serve the Sanada clan where he meets the daughter of the clan, Yukimura, who refusesto conform to the limitation posed by her gender.
Ieyasu values people from their use. He doesn’t see much value in having a mistress. And he doesn’t see much value in this cross-dressing kitchen wench either, other than her food doesn't taste horrible and she seems to amuse the Lord of Fools. Until he connects the two things together.
A day of adventures of The Lord of Fools and his exasperated Monkey. Filled with a festival, onsen and dancing for money.
Chris Argent deserves all the love for all the shit he puts up with so Chris Argent Appreciation Week will be happening.
2nd week of July 2k17: July 9 to the 15th (Sunday to Saturday)
I wanted to do something different so I’ve opted to allow some options. But first the rules.
*I did not make the above gif and do not know who did.
1. Main pairing must be Chris and someone or Chris and someone/someone. Chris must be the central figure in the pairing and not a secondary character. The focus should be on Chris as we are appreciating this man in all his glory.
2. ANY Ship is welcome. There will be no tolerance of hate against specific ships. No fighting, and no flaming.
3. You may submit artwork, fanvids, mashups, poems, fanfic, fanart and any level of rating. Just be sure to include in your tags what the rating is and any other necessary tags. Reblog your fic using #Chris Argent Appreciation 2k17 and I will reblog it and add to the compilation on Sunday the 16th. There will be an A03 Collection group set up in the summer where your fics can be submitted. It goes without saying that you should not submit anything that has been posted previously. Any length of fic is welcome.
4. I encourage one and all to leave comments on fics that get submitted. Writers will love you even if it is short. Trust me on this.
5. Be excellent to each other.
6. Your contribution can be Works in Progress but should be posted during the Appreciation Week.
THE FUN PART
Rejoice, Each Day has a Primary and Secondary Theme.
Day One July 9th: Primary Theme: It happened one day at the Beach Theme. Surf and Sand. Day One July 9th: Secondary Theme: Fluff, Humor, crack, Mermen.
Day Two July 10th: Primary Theme: Dark Secret Theme. Revelations Happen. Day Two July 10th: Secondary Theme: Dark, Gothic, horror, blood.
Day Three July 11th: Primary Theme: Green Eyed Monster. Someone gets jealous and possessive and does something about it. Day Three July 11th: Secondary Theme: Kink.
Day Four July 12th: Primary Theme: Genderflip! It doesn’t have to be Chris who flips gender. Fairies and Witches are bitches, man. Day Four July 12th: Secondary Theme: Shenanigans! Such as, but not limited to: Sex pollen, Tropes, Gender changing etc.
Day Five July 13th: Primary Theme: Exotic Interlude on Vacation. While on Vacation somewhere different, exotic and weird things happen. Think: Hot Springs Monsters? Training in Tibet? Day Five July 13th: Secondary Theme: Mystery, Drama, Weird
Day Six July 14th: Primary Theme: Friends to Lovers aka Fuckbuddies to Lovers or I hate you, I know. Day Six July 14th: Secondary Theme: Romance, all kinds.
Day Seven July 15th: Primary Theme: The Rule of Three aka PolyAmoryDay. Note this does not mean other days can’t have PolyAmory. This day just celebrates it.:) DaySeven July 15th: Secondary Theme: Free for All or throw everything and the kitchen sink at poor Chris.
PROMPTS I will create a collection where people can offer Prompts on AO3 anonymously or not for this Ship Appreciation Week. I will Reblog this when the link is ready.
A lot of the others who have taken up the challenge have gone with mammal-based beasts - so I decided to go in another direction, namely birds! With some extra horns and tusks, sure, but she’s mostly bird-based.
Also, lady-Beast isn’t pink because she’s a girl. She’s pink because she’s a Bearded Vulture:
A species that ought to shut up all those silly people who whine about how feathered dinosaurs wouldn’t look cool. Look at it. It eats bones.
A fact his daughters know very well. It’s always a struggle to live up to his standards.
And sometimes they just can’t do it.
Sometimes Felice just. Can’t. Do it.
Too stiff during a photoshoot, missing appointments, breaking curfew, having a bad attitude in public, and more. A whole week where she feels like she’s disappointing him at every turn. A thoroughly terrible week, leaving her in a sour mood and feeling like she just… not good enough.
And it only gets worse.
Felice is a designer. She’s passionate about it, and it’s what she wants to do with her life.
She doesn’t want it to have anything to do with her father though. She doesn’t want to be a designer “like her father”. She doesn’t want to be in his shadow in the industry.
She doesn’t even want him to know yet.
Of course, he knows she likes to draw. She assumes he just figures it’s another artistic endeavor; like with her music (which she loves nearly as much; though as a hobby not a potential career). And she’s not wrong.
But at the end of that week, he actually looks in one of her sketchbooks for the first time, and sees it full of designs.
And immediately assumes she’ll be working for his company eventually.
The fact that in looked in her sketchbook at allinfuriates Felice, but the anger is quickly replaced by hurt because of that assumption.
Made worse when he implies that he thinks she wouldn’t make in in the fashion industry without his help.
She stormed away from her father then, trying not to cry.
Trying to stop herself from believing he’s right.
She does though. Some small part of her just accepts that she’ll never be good enough without her father to make her good enough.
Without his standards to strive towards, what is she?
A dark little butterfly enters her ring, seizing upon those thoughts.
She needs to be perfect. Prove to her father- to everyone -her worth.
Prove to herself her worth.
She won’t fight Chat. No, Adrienne thinks well more of her than she really is. She doesn’t need to prove a thing to her sister.
But the voice in her head; that sounds so like that of her father’s?
She’d love to make him proud. She’ll gladly get Ladybug’s miraculous for him.