With everybody asking questions on Lars’s immortality, I decided to do my own research.
When Steven listened to Lars’s heartbeat it took 6 seconds per beat or 12 bpm (Beats Per Minute). This is far less than the average bpm for a human around Lars’s age. It would usually be 70-100 bpm on average (to keep it simple I used 80 bpm). This means his heart is beating at 15% the average for a boy his age. So his body is functioning at 15% of the time it normally would be. So if his body ages at that rate given the average male life expectancy being around 80 years would mean he will live to 1,200 years!
Applying this to Lion is pretty easy, the average bpm of a healthy lion is about 60 bpm, giving our lion 9 bpm. Lions in the wild live to be about 16 making our lion live to about 240 years.In “Buddy’s Book” Rose is seen with lions and many people theorize one of them died and that’s how Lion was created. In “Historical Friction” it is stated that beach city was founded nearly 200 years ago. So that would make lion around 200 years old give or take.
Some people have said that a number of leaves on the each tree represents the amount of time they have left, Lars’s tree is full and young, while Lion’s has only a few clumps of leaves. This corresponds quite nicely, with Lars having over a 1,000 years left and lion having only about 40.
If you enjoyed this please like and repost, thank you!
- To see how the CGs broke it to Greg that Steven had given himself over to Homeworld for trial.
- To see Steven try to explain all of this to Lars’ parents and Sadie.
- WHITE DIAMOND, GODDAMNIT.
- For Rhodonite and Padparadscha to fuse. I really wanna know what their version of Sardonyx would look/be like.
- For Steven to question Pearl about Pink Diamond’s shattering. Specifically bringing up everything Blue Zircon brought up at the trial.
- To find out who Pearl used to belong to once and for all.
- For the Off Colors and Lars to make it back to Earth, but not for a couple episodes. That way, Steven has to travel back and forth a bit and maybe even learn the things that the CGs refuse to tell him. Because regardless of their reasons, it’s gone on too long to be anything but harmful to everyone’s best interests.