NYU Center for Spiritual Life
The Center for Spiritual Life offers a myriad of religion based programs and events, but what they offer a few times a week to all NYU students is FREE YOGA CLASSES!!
Through the Mindfulness Project NYU offers yoga and other body-based practices several times during the week. These classes are taught by certified, dynamic, experienced teachers from all over the city. Classes focus not just on physical fitness and health but also on connecting to our center and finding peace through meditation-in-movement. The Mindfulness Project also hosts special yoga/movement workshops and programs for the NYU community.
If you’re looking to unwind after a long day of hitting the books I highly recommend checking out one of the yoga classes offered at the Center for Spiritual Life at NYU!!
- Click here for scheduling info: http://www.nyu.edu/life/student-life/diversity-at-nyu/spiritual-life/mindfulness/yoga.html
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Should I bring my own mat? - We provide mats for all yoga practitioners. However, it is important to note that mats are given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Can I drop in, or should I register ahead of time? - You are more than welcome to drop in on a class. Registration is not necessary
- I am affiliated with the University. If I bring my NYU ID, is it free? - Yoga classes are free for all those with a current, active NYU ID. Make sure to bring the ID with you.
- I am not affiliated with the University. How much will it cost? - If you do not have an NYU ID and are still interested in attending, please bring a suggested $10 to cover the cost of the class.
- Gabrielle, OL