Ok… So since I literally needed only one person to be interested in hearing my headcanons, I’m gonna post them! Thanks @bookofbway!
Alright… I’m gonna start with James Church, because he doesn’t get enough love.
THIS IS GONNA START OF REAL SAD.
- James wasn’t originally a Mormon, since due to his upbringing, I seriously doubt his parents were Mormons.
- His mum died when he was still young, (probably about 10) from something unrelated to his dad, a car accident or something. (I’m sorry!)
- Afterwords, due to the shock of losing his wife, his dad went sober and tried to concentrate on bringing his son up right.
- James never forgave his father for the way he treated him and his mother.
- Mormon missionaries came knocking at their house one day, and James chose to convert as he found it comforting the idea that his mother had went to a better place and that in latter days he could spend eternity with her.
- He also liked the idea of going on a mission to help others, and also liked the idea of being able to get away from his dad for 2 years.
- James was a track runner at school, and although he was sporty, found his passion more in the arts.
- He is an amazing sketch artist and enjoys writing short stories and poetry.
- He’s more serious and sombre than the other Mormon’s in Ugnada, but tries to act cheerful and bright (and turn it off).
- He really liked Chris, because he felt he could relate to him since Chris had lost his sister. (also Poptarts was extremely adorable.)
- He has messy black hair, and wears large square framed glasses.
- Is the tallest and strongest out of all the Missionaries in Uganda.
OK! Now for poptarts
- Enjoys dancing as it’s his way of remembering and commemorating his sister.
- Has an extreme fear of his friends and family dying on him.
- Will never end a conversation on a negative note and always tries to say goodbye to his friends and family when leaving, just in case he never sees them again.
- Loves everything sweet.
- Poptarts was his sisters favourite food.
- He has no formal dance training, but is quite good since his sister taught him how too (and then Mckinley afterwords)
- He originally had a crush on his Mission Companion, Elder Mckinley, before he started to develop feelings for James Because James listened to him and understood his pain of loosing his sister rather than just telling him to turn it off.
(Also James was hot af, and muscular and…)
- He’s definitely the shortest and cutest of all the Elders
- He has a Teddy bear that he took with him to Uganda, and will protect at all costs.
- He loves looking at James art and reading his stories.
- He is Bi (and no-one can tell me otherwise)
- Ok so, Mckinley defintely is the eldest child with 2 younger sisters, so he knows how to be authoritative and control and lead people.
- He took tap classes, literally right up to the time where he left for Uganda.
- His sisters were somewhat jealous that Connor is a better dancer than them.
- But his sisters also stood up for him to his arents and peers saying that pink is a perfectly normal colour for a boy to like and that they should break gender stereotypes and stop calling him gay. Connor appreciates them for this.
- He was definitely bullied in year 5 for how close he was to his friend Steve and all through highschool people would accuse him of being gay.
- He started dating a female friend of his, to try to make others believe that he was straight. The relationship didn’t last very long though.
- He totally got all the lead roles in the school plays, and sometimes did performance is the Community theatre musicals.
- He is an excellent singer and had also taken vocal lessons from a young age.
- He was also a very strong leader within theatre groups he was part off and often organised mini performances around their community with them.
- Connor may seem friendly and nice, but don’t ever cross him or undermine his authority, he will wring your neck.
- He’s never seen a prettier Boy with more perfect hair than Elder Price.
- It broke his heart to have to ditch Elder Price in Uganda and leave with Elder Cunningham and the other Elder’s, but since he was pushing down his emotions, and trying to be a good Mormon on his Mission it’s what he choose to do.
- He cared more about making the other Elder’s happy, and creating a friendly community among them, than converting the Africans, thus why they literally had no baptisms.
- As soon as they went off-grid with their mission, he immediately got a TV and gaming system installed withing their lodging to entertain the Elders.
- Him and Poptarts crush at Just Dance.
- He literally holds a karaoke night once a month at the Missionary.
- He was actually very surprised (and pleased) to find out Elder Price was gay
- Once he did come out completely, he was very open with his affections towards Kevin (which Kevin often got embarrased about)
- Falsettos is totally his favourite musical. He especially loves Whizzer.
ALRIGHT! ARNOLD CUNNINGHAM
- Always had the best imaginative writing at school.
- Writes a ton of Fanfiction, and reads them too.
- Has heaps of OC’s.
- Bit of a loner at school too, never really had any friends.
- Extremely popular online though.
- Had a huge Tumblr following on his blogs about Star Wars, LOTR etc.
- Has heaps of Fan theories too.
- Totally Vlogs.
- Cosplays as well. Goes to all the conventions.
- Dreams of being able to go to San Diego Comic Con
- He has Irlens Syndrome, which is one of the reasons why he didn’t read the Book of Mormon, becuase it was actually difficult for him to read it.
- His father literally thinks of him as a freak due to all his obsessions and fanboying.
- His mother dotes on him though and adores him for the person he is.
- He always wants his fathers approval though, which is why he decided to go on a mission.
- He genuinely wants to do good in the world and make others happy, and will do anything to help others, even if he doesn’t get anything from it.
- He forces Kevin to Cosplay with him on Halloween. He goes as Han Solo and Kevin goes as Luke Skywalker.
- He holds a halloween party and costume party in Uganda for all the Elders and Africans.
- He also makes a Leia costume for Naba, which she loves, despite not really knowing too much about Star Wars.
- All the Elders end up loving the little quirks about Arnold in the end, and have a great deal of Respect for him, since he’s so kind hearted.
- He’s never been happier than he was in Uganda.
- He still admires and loves Kevin after everything they went through.
AND FINALLY THE MOST PERFECT MAN ON EARTH (
AND I WILL FIGHT PEOPLE OVER THIS)KEVIN PRICE. I literally love him so much though.
- Kevin grew up in a really strict household.
- He’s the second oldest of all his siblings, with an older sister and three younger brothers.
- He always feels that he has to compete against his siblings to be seen as the best, and to do so, tried to do literally nothing wrong.
- His favourite sibling is his Brother Jack, who is just a year younger than him, because Jack worships and admires Kevin and he rather likes that.
He also still feels super guilty for blaming him for eating that donut
- Him and all his siblings all took piano lesson.
- Kevin is actually very good at piano, but not as good as his older sister, which always really bugged him because he wanted to be the best at everything.
- Straight A student.
- Literally had no time for relationships throughout school since he was too busy trying to make everyone like him, as well as being a good mormon, getting good grades, playing piano well.
- Didn’t realise till he was in Uganda that he was gay.
- He never really though about relationships, or had sexual thoughts till he was in Uganda since he was always so busy.
- He had a very meticulously planned schedule.
- He absolutely adores everything Disney and Pixar, loves happy endings and cries every time Mufasa dies.
- His favourite Movie is actually Toy Story, since he finds Woody relatable.
- Reads all Arnolds fanfictions. Feruses to admit that he actually enjoys them.
- Actually loves and respects his best friend, Arnold, since he truly hasn’t ever had a true best friend before.
- Sings disney songs during Mckinley’s Karaoke nights.
- Everyone is shocked that Kevin can sing.
- Kevin is shocked by his own singing voice.
- He loves how touchy Mckinley is, but is a little embarrassed by it.
- Absolutely adores Mckinley for everything he is.
- Once he realised he was gay, was actually reasonably open about it, since he never really understood why it was bad withing mormonism anyway.
- Takes hour long showers to make sure his hair is perfect
- Loves dogs. Like really loves dogs
OK! SO THOSE ARE MY HEADCANONS ON THE ELDERS!