Step up your style game and make it your most stylish year yet!
Writing down your goals for the New Year is a must and this year, we’re focusing our attention on style. One thing that always makes us feel good is looking great, so see our top 15 style resolutions for 2015 below and use them as inspiration for a list of your own! From editing your closet to buying quality over quantity, start your year off right and make it your most stylish year to date.
15 Style Resolutions
1. Define your aesthetic. Do some soul searching and figure out which look you want to go for. Create a mood board and find inspiration through your favorite style stars and celebs.
2. Edit your closet. Get rid of a few things before you buy more - it feels great to shed a few things here and there. Donate them, pass them down to a friend or make some extra cash at your local consignment shop.
3. Quality over quantity. It’s easy to stock up on a whole bunch of fast-fashion pieces that you end up getting over quickly. Sometimes, even after a few washes they just don’t look the same. Hold off overbuying and save up for designer staple items that are worth their value.
7. Think less trendy, more timeless. Shop for things you won’t get sick of and can wear for longer than one season. Think before you buy and make sure you absolutely love the piece.
8. Revamp your shoe collection. An old outfit can look current with a new pair of shoes that are trending. Look for key styles that are versatile and make sure they’re comfortable, so they don’t just sit in your closet.
9. Try out the sneaker trend. Look for ones that look great with your closet and on your body type. This can take a while, so patience is key. Nike, New Balance and adidas are a few good brands to start with.
10. Reorganize your closet. Having a clean closet feels great. You can find what you’re looking for and it’s easier to put together outfits. Try color coordinating your closet, changing out your hangers so they’re all matching and buying new organizers for your shoes and accessories.
11. Just add color. If you’re typically drawn to black, don’t be afraid to try incorporating color or prints to your wardrobe. Standing out of the crowd can actually feel better than blending in.
12. Update your intimates. Trash the ones you wear when you’re overdue on laundry and shop for new, cute and comfortable sets. Wearing matching bras and panties can really make a girl feel sexier.
13. Shop outside your comfort zone. If you’re more of into basics, look for things that are more statement-worthy. Spruce up your closet, take risks and be playful with your style!
14. Tailoring is key. Wear clothes that actually fit. Finding and trusting a local tailor is a must. Ask for a good reference from a friend and take your clothes to get fitted.
15. Fill in your closet gaps. Are you missing trousers, dresses or warm sweaters in your wardrobe? Think of things you’re lacking in and shop for those. Don’t buy something you already have. You may think it looks different, but to most people, it looks the same.
It had been a long time since you’d been able to rest. Properly rest, not just a few hours of uncomfortable sleep a night but a put your feet up and enjoy some beer kind of rest. You knew it wouldn’t last much longer, but spending time at Beorn’s place had been a gift from Mahal.
Blue and Brown:
So, i put together this one with one of my favourite pieces right now, the denim jacket from GAP. It is a causal but put together outfit that I use for going to work or a dinner after a long day.
bow tie: the tie bar
button up: Topman
denim coat: GAP
boots: Pull & Bear