6. Season Five. Save for 100 and New Directions, this season was a travesty. Episodes like A Katy or a Gaga, Puppet Master, that super weird Christmas episode, The Untitled Rachel Berry Project…like what was even going on? Plus, I really couldn’t stomach the Santana/Rachel fight, and the way they tried to show Santana as the one to blame. Then there was the biphobia, the refusal to treat Santana’s mid-game ship with any sort of respect, the missed opportunities to make Kurtcheltana a non-toxic relationship, and the forcing down our throats of B/lam.
5. Season Six. Okay, so, to start, it’s really hard for me to even fit season six into the ranking, because I was here solely for the Brittana, and while that was absolutely glorious. Like, season six Brittana ranks up there with season two for the best we got, but I think the rest of the season was lacking, particularly when it came to closure for the other characters, save K/laine and Rachel (although I did really enjoy the newbies!)
4. Season Four. It’s no secret that I love season four Brittana. Like, it completely wrecked me, but their love and pining and constant care for each other even when they weren’t together was perfect. That being said, there was just so much weirdness outside of that, and with the exception of Unique, I just couldn’t get on board with any of the newbies. I think focusing on the graduates would have been a much better thing. Whenever they were back—Thankgiving’s “Home/Homeward Bound,” mentoring the New New Directions, Glease—it was a small reminder of how amazing the first few seasons were.
3. Season Three. I actually have a super soft spot for season three. There are some things (I’m sure you can all guess which) that I despise, but there was Sugar Motta, The Troubletones, Brittana as girlfriends, Tike, Heart, and arguably, the best music in the entire series. It was also the best season finale. Tongue Tied was perfection, and I could have been okay with Goodbye being the actual end of Glee.
2. Season One. Seriously, from the first second I watched Glee, I was 100% hooked. Seriously, entirely off the wall Rachel Berry, Terri’s fake baby, that real feeling of the New Directions being total underdogs, Kurt Hummel pre B/laine, Kurtcedes/Quinncedes friendship, the adorable background Brittana, so much Jonathan Groff, the freaking season ending with Bohemian Rhapsody while Quinn gives birth. It was so freaking campy and comedic, it’s almost like it was a different show altogether.
1. Season Two. Season two will never not be my favorite. The storylines were really something else. Santana’s struggle with her sexuality, Kurt being bullied, the whole “born this way” storyline. I mean, seriously, every episode was so good. Obviously, because I’m a Brittana shipper, I have a little bit of a bias toward the season that really made them an onscreen thing, but I just think it was such a special season all around, particularly from Blame It On the Alcohol, onward. Also, the “I’m going to be an outcast my whole life” Prom Queen scene resonated with me in a way very few other television scenes ever have.
Okay Static Quakers–speaking of the sparseness of our tag, what if we played a bit of a game to rally the troops? It was a bit of a staple in my old fandoms, to start an artsy game to get the shipping blood flowing. What better time to get the group up and moving than now when the season is on the verge of starting back up?
So, here’s my thought: Secret Warriors! … okay, so maybe I’m going a little understated here. But everyone has heard of Secret Santa’s–or white elephant, or whatever–basically everyone is assigned a person to get a gift for. Or in this case, make something Static Quake related for. No matter your speciality–fanvids, fics, gifs, edits, art–basically it is a fun little game created entirely to get some content into our tag.
So, I’m putting this out to you guys. If you are interested in doing this, just send me a message saying so and I’ll add you to my list. Assuming I get enough players (lets say by 9/5), I’ll assign everyone someone else and send you all messages with the URL of who you’ll be making your piece for. You’ll want to keep your ask open and anon on so your own Secret Warrior can shoot you messages to get to know you and what to make you.
Assuming all goes well, I’ll make a post announcing the start once I’ve sent everyone their Warrior and in that post I’ll include the day all gifts should be posted (ideally premiere day).
“I look like an oak tree, with all these stupid acorns.“ "Nice, though. A nice oak tree.” He stepped closer, and sniffed at her. “You even smell nice for a change.” “You don’t. You stink.” Arya shoved him back against the anvil and made to run, but Gendry caught her arm […] He was very strong, but she was quicker. Every time he tried to hold her still she wriggled free and punched him. Gendry only laughed at the blows, which made her mad. He finally caught both her wrists in one hand and started to tickle her with the other, so Arya slammed her knee between his legs, and wrenched free. Both of them were covered in dirt, and one sleeve was torn on her stupid acorn dress. “I bet I don’t look so nice now,” she shouted.
The Hanged Man shader on a titan with full Trials of Osiris gear, along with The Fermi Solution ship from Dead Orbit! I just got this ship today, thus completing my collection. Pretty nice birthday gift from Arach, now to move onto other factions
And how she smiled and how she laughed, the maiden of the tree. She spun away and said to him, no feather bed for me. I’ll wear a gown of golden leaves, and bind my hair with grass, But you can be my forest love, and me your forest lass.