SInce I just finished Mass Effect 1 and did l i t e r a l l y every single sidequest, I’ve compiled a list of all the BULLSHIT Cerberus pulled in the first game:
- Allowed a full platoon of soldiers to be eaten by thresher maws (potentially Shepard’s platoon)
- Then captured one of the survivors and giddily injected him with thresher maw poison just to see what would happen
- Turned an entire colony of people into husks
- Released hundreds of sick, violent rachni into the galaxy by transporting eggs incompetently
- Lured ANOTHER platoon of soldiers to a thresher maw nest to see how they get murdered
- Then injected their admiral with some kind of poison and threw him in a cage with husks
By the time I’d finished the game, I was dreading playing ME2 because the thought of working with that same organization made me ill.
Predictable binch that I am, my point here is that I really need y’all to stop blaming Kaidan and thinking he’s out of line for not fucking trusting Shepard in ME2 because literally imagine that your former commander and friend (and possibly the person you loved) died in a tragic accident and you probably feel responsible for it, but you’ve had to move on for the sake of the Alliance, and then one day out of nowhere, there they are, standing in front of you - working as a Cerberus operative. You either would NEVER believe it was the same person, or you’d believe they were possibly brainwashed, or maybe you’d just think they’d straight up betrayed you for an organization that has historically ruined and manipulated human lives.
Are you honestly gonna tell me you’d abandon your moral code, your honor, and your loyalty as a soldier to your military, just because “they’re Shepard” and that’s supposed to be enough, point blank?
Cause I sure fucking wouldn’t.