Dear Malayalam cinema fandom
Nothing warms my heart more than the sight of our small community expanding over the last couple of months (especially considering there was about 3 of us back in 2011). Now we have people fangirling over our cute actors and fierce females, with critical discussion and nostalgia in equal measure. So many non-Malayalis have begun to explore the industry (and you guys are very welcome- I hope you’re enjoying your stay). There’s also been an increase in photoshoppers and editors in the fandom, which is brilliant. This is everything I’ve ever wanted from my tumblr experience back when I first joined this website. People have told me that they now feel more proud to be Malayali and have become more familiar with/enjoy our cinema, which were feelings they once suppressed for whatever reason. So thank you to everyone who actively contributes- whether it be with the little opinions and reviews in the tag or with the gifsets and artworks. Thank you for all the questions and suggestions and praises and criticisms. Every little bit- from the likes to the posts- count in making this community more lively. I love you guys.
To our newcomers:
- There’s also @fyeahmalayalamcinema; a mostly edits/pictures/news (sometimes reviews/opinions) reblog blog run by some of us. We are always open to new members :) *there are some housekeeping rules btw.
- The tag is malayalam cinema if you want to scoot on over and check out what’s happening in the fandom. Also please tag your opinions/reviews/edits/criticisms/discussions etc etc with malayalam cinema so more people can see it :) Don’t ever be scared to or shy away from doing so.
I’ve always thought that if you liked Malayalam cinema you’re pretty much level-headed to begin with ;D
- I often do like most of the posts in the Malayalam cinema tag; this means I’ll be queuing it to my personal blog or fyeahmalayalamcinema. (just in case you think I’m forgetting about them)
- If you edit or use photoshop; feel free to grace us with your edits whenever you have free time (and you don’t have to be Monet). We can always use more editors!
- If you need recommendations- feel free to ask anyone in the tag. If not anyone else (and I’m sure there will be plenty) I can always do that for you :)
- Have fun and…