1. Cut your hair short if you’re secretly thinking of doing it. Or let it grow super long if that’s your dream. A new haircut can have a surprisingly big effect on the way you feel about yourself.
2. Try shaving/not shaving your legs. Try shaving/not shaving your armpits. Chest? Peach fuzz? Arms?
3. Do you have the hormones to grow a beard? If so, try out a few of the possible styles. A beard can be refreshing and surprisingly gender neutral when combined with feminine traits in clothing, makeup, accessories etc.
4. Final tip: Experiment. Be brave. If you make a decision that you end up regretting, it won’t be final. Body hair grows and/or can be cut again.
tagged by @lavernecoxs I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOUR BLOG FOREVER BUT I FORGOT THIS WAS YOUR URL CHANGE LMAO thank you so much hun!!
rules: answer the questions and tag 9 people you want to get to know better
relationship status: not married to roger taylor but have a relationship w/a low budget copy so good i guess favourite colour: purple probably but also red…. but also black… basically everything lipstick or chapstick: tinted lipbalm is god… but i have like 40 red lipsticks so it take precedence last song you listened to: working for the weekend by loverboy NO JUDGEMENTS last movie you watched: ooh probably hot fuzz?? top 3 characters: lara croft/dale cooper/leonard ‘bones’ mccoy at a pinch top 3 ships: blake/avon, john taylor/simon le bon, spock/kirk or spock/bones but not a 3way because i’m weird books you are currently reading: none because I’m illiterate… unless you count Levick’s Claudius and Scramuzza’s Claudius… and some Sheridan Le Fanu short stories top 5 musicals: not a big fan, but like the King and I, West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, My Fair Lady and Singin’ In the Rain
Relationship Status: can’t even get a second glance
Favorite color: currently dark grey
Lipstick or chapstick?: more chapstick than lipstick
Last song I listened to: Crazy on You by Heart
Last movie I watched: Hot Fuzz, I think
Top 3 fictional characters: Han Solo, Talis from the Prisoners of Peace series, and Peggy Carter
Top 3 ships: Solangelo, Sam Wilson x T’challa (I’ve heard many ship names and don’t know which one to use), and Madalena x Gareth (Galavant)
Books I’m currently reading: Goodreads says I’m currently reading the Count of Monte Cristo, A Court of Mist and Fury, Les Miserables, The Reader (Sea of Ink and Gold 1), The Young Elites, Fearless and Courageous (The Lost Fleet 2 and 3), Siege and Storm (Grisha 2), Ruin and Rising (Grisha 3), Three Musketeers, and Empire of Storms (ToG 5). But honestly it’s only the first two.
If you don't mind me asking, can I ask what you use to make your gifs? and how do you keep it under the tumblr limit? I've been trying to start making gifs or they're either too low quality or over the size limit... thanks in advance
Yes so! I’ve been meaning to make a tutorial on how I do this anyways so I guess now is the time lol. My way is likely NOT the best way, but I don’t have to download anything and it makes decent quality gifs, so 🤷
1) Find the video you want to use. I’m using a youtube video, but with this method you can also do vimeo or vine
2) Go to giphy.com and click the “create” button at the top. Paste the link to the video and it will pull up an interface like this:
3) Make your gif! I usually keep mine around three seconds long, but the more colors/movement a gif has, the shorter it needs to be. The less movement/colors a gif has, the longer it can be without going over Tumblr’s limit.
4) Nice! You have a gif. But it might be a little too big for Tumblr’s upload limit. At this point, I don’t even bother downloading to check, because it’s honestly faster to just do the next step and see how big it is.
5) Right click the gif, and click “copy image address.” Then head over to ezgif.com and select “GIF Optimizer” at the top. Paste the image address in the text box and click “Upload!”
6) Now this will give you some information about your gif. It will tell you the dimensions (px by px), number of frames, and the file size. All you need to worry about is the file size, on the left hand side directly under your image:
Tumblr’s gif limit is 2M, so you need to get it under that size or the gif will not play. (NOTE: In my experience, Tumblr will let you UPLOAD gifs over 2M and it will seem like everything is fine until the post is posted, and then the gif only displays the first frame. Just be aware that, even if it looks like it’s working, if the filesize is too large, the gif won’t play.)
7) Now you’ll want to use the drop-down box under the image. It seems like there’s a lot of options, but don’t get overwhelmed:
The vast majority of the time, what you’ll be using will be Lossy GIF optimization. In my experience, it provides the best filesize with the least loss of quality out of any of these options. Most of the time level 30 (slight) is plenty, even if your gif is around 3M. Just try 30, and if it doesn’t work then try 80 and see how it looks. Most of the time, if 80 doesn’t work, you’re better off just making a shorter gif. 80 looks okay to decent on most gifs (especially if you’re using them in a 2- or 3- gif wide photoset), but 140 will give your gif a noticeable bad quality.
The only other option I ever really use is Transparency. If the video was taken on a tripod, doesn’t have a lot of movement, or has a large, still background, optimizing transparency is often the best option for reducing filesize. Try (no fuzz), and if that doesn’t get it small enough try (fuzz 3%). If those don’t work, you could try 5%, but it starts getting noticeable at that point and you may be better off using no fuzz or 3% and then using lossy GIF optimization on top of that.
8) Congrats! You now have a gif under 2M, and it’s ready to upload to tumblr! My final filesize ended up being 1.65M after lossy GIF compression level 30.