Contracts, Agreements, and the Likes
If ever there was something that was now overwhelming Mixxa’s mind, it was her draft proposal for the marriage contract with Flixxa. At first, she thought it would be simple: just eternal love, care, and understanding. But then, to accomplish that, multiple variables had to be considered. The matters of progenies, a better long term living arrangement, among other things. It was something that she wanted to get right, so she had asked for a slight time extension to finalize everything.
Thankfully, work at her lab was slow, so she had time to work. But she still had the thoughts of last night at tea on her mind, mostly what the server Yang and her friend Alex had discussed. Yang was very skeptical of the beliefs of Asura, claiming that the Eternal Alchemy and Asuran wedding ceremonies were more ‘sciency’ and not ‘spiritual’. Thankfully, her beloved had countered that seeing two geniuses fuse into one harmonious working unit was spiritual in of itself. But it was something Yang couldn’t comprehend. The Eternal Alchemy and the Mists were an ever changing entity and no one could truly understand why it worked in the way it did. But here it was, leading her to not just small instances like enjoying tea, but larger aspects like preparing to spend her life with her beloved.
There was also the matter of Alex, but it was less complicated. All that was on Mixxa’s mind was hearing the Magister discuss how Flixxa’s ideas had given Alex inspiration and assistance in her work. It was something amazing, though Mixxa had wondered what Alex was up to now.
Her mind snapping back to the task at hand, Mixxa took out her tablet and started putting down key points and ideas in a relative shorthand to discuss. She knew nothing here was absolute, and she would listen to what Flixxa had to say as well, then combine their ideas into one final agreement.
- Progeny/ies: Preferable to wait until better living quarters established, adoption ideal, unsure about artificial insemination
- Future accomodation: Shiverpeaks is still excellent, more or less just need to ensure bookahs do not interrupt work
- Length of marriage: Mention of spending lives together already agreed upon, will verify
- Life/work balance: Imperative to ensure endeavors are worked on, but also schedule time for not just each other, but with colleagues and friends
- Honesty: Always be honest with each other. Better for temporary disappointment rather than long lasting anger.
All that mattered now for Mixxa was to hear what her beloved had come up with. Her mind thought back to what Flixxa had said last night about not being afraid of the future, but instead looking forward to it. And it was there that the mistologist knew that she too had nothing to fear of what could transpire.