How to improve your mental well-being and live your life to the fullest
The more you laugh, the healthier you’ll be. Laughter is one of the most powerful tools we have to alter our daily mood. Nothing works faster in bringing your mind and body back into balance than letting out a loud chuckle. The release of endorphins decreases stress and relaxes your entire body, boosting your overall enjoyment of life. If you’re feeling down and could use more laughing in your life this year, read our ten important reasons to laugh more below.
10 Reasons to Laugh More
1.Smile more. Smiling throughout your day will make you and others feel happier. Make it a point to smile at strangers too - you don’t want to be known as the girl with the resting bitch face.
2. Embrace your laugh. Everyone’s laugh is unique. No matter if your laugh is loud or if people find it annoying, just laugh. The way you laugh is a part of you and you shouldn’t have to change or hold back for anyone.
3. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. People with a sense of humor, who make you laugh and smile, are the best medicine. Life’s short, so don’t waste it by spending time with people who bring you down. Those who laugh will make you laugh.
4. Have a sense of humor. Don’t be a bump on a log. Listen to what people are saying and find the humor in it. Discover your own sense of humor and surround yourself with those things that make you laugh, whatever they may be. From cheesy jokes or dry comedy, everyone’s humor varies.
5. Learn to laugh at yourself.One of the most important things is learning to not take yourself so seriously. Crack yourself up! If you mess up or trip on something, find the humor in your mistakes. As long as you find yourself funny, you’ll be happier and less likely to be depressed.
6. Seek humor every day.Whether it be watching a funny TV show or movie, find something that makes you laugh every day. YouTube is great for funny snippets.
7.Be playful. It’s ok to be silly and act like a child sometimes. As adults, we can forget how to have fun. Run around, tease your loved ones in a playful manner and seize life.
8. Adjust your environment.Your everyday routine can become boring and drab. Liven it up with an uplifting spirit and mood. Surround yourself with things that make your day happier and funnier like humorous photos and quotes or cheerful colors and décor.
9. Laughing burns calories. They say that if you laugh for 10 to 15 minute a day, you’ll burn 10 to 40 calories. Therefore, laughing in general will improve your quality of health in mental and physical ways.
10. Don’t force a laugh.You never know what’s going on in someone’s life, so don’t force them to laugh. Start with a smile and go from there.
Summary: Chapter 4 of Trope-Tastic ~ Priestly + 2. Fake Dating turns into real dating
“You want me to do what?” You demanded, incredulous. Priestly stood before you, a determined look in his eye.
“Pretend to be my girlfriend for a little while? Please, Y/N?” He pleaded, giving his very best puppy face.
You crossed your arms defensively, raising an eyebrow in suspicion. “Why?” You asked.
He looked sheepish, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. “Well…you see…”
“Oh my god Priestly we’ve known each other for years there’s nothing you can say that will scare me away.” You said, throwing your hands up in the air.
“You know that my breakup with Tish was mutual and I know it’s over…” He began.
“But?” You prompted, scared that he’d say he wants to get her back.
“But I’m not fine. I will be, but she’s moved on so fast and that hurts. I…want to show her I’m not as hurt as I actually am.”
“Oh…” You said, an ironic sort of sympathy growing in your heart. You’d felt the same way when he had originally started dating Tish. He had no idea you liked him of course, so you’d put on a brave face.
“I promise it won’t be a big thing. We just have to act like a couple when she’s around and we can ‘break up’ in like a week.” He explains.
“Alright, fine, but if I decide I don’t want to do it anymore we stop, ok? Tish is my friend too, I don’t like deceiving her.” You add.
“Deal.” He agrees with one of his mega watt smiles.
With that, you shook hands and one of the weirdest weeks of your life began.
hc about modern au 2nd generation kids from fates if thats okay !
Notes: You bet your socks it’s ok! Moder AUs ae fun~ (but surprisingly hard wow) Though since I have a character limit of ten for headcanons I picked ten myself. I hope that’s ok!
○ Art major
○ He’s a regular volunteer at an animal shelter and sometimes reads to children
○ Most of his money comes from online art commissions
○ Absolutely has a Tumblr and follows a lot of aesthetic and animal blogs.
○ Falls asleep in like every class but still had great grades
○ Carries coffee with him everywhere in a little travel mug. Always. At all times of day.
○ Always wears graphic tee with funny or sarcastic sayings, often coffee related.
○ Works as a barista
○ Definitely a jock. He played sports through middle school and highschool
○ Wears basketball shorts in the winter shm
○ Pretty popular with girls in high school actually
○ Super bad at technology like he can hardly take pictures with his phone
○ That one kid who’s really smart but has terrible grades because he never bothers trying
○ Has a bad habit of skipping class
○ Literally deals candy at school. Like he has everything you need but you better have money on you. He also accepts trades… If you’re in the right crowd you might be able to get him to do some spying for you, for the right price (or sweet)
○ Def a weeb. He loves anime and cosplays all the time.
○ Still that kid that’s like an old man. He never parties and takes his studies way too seriously.
○ In the kendo club
○ Dresses like an old man too. He usually wears semi-formal clothes and always tucks in his shirt
○ Is actually super modern and up to date with everything though. Like tech, news, he knows it all.
○ Is going to take over the family business when he grows up
○ But secretly dreams of becoming a famous musician; something only Forrest knows.
○ Straight A student but works super hard at it.
○ Was bullied in high-school
○ Dreams of becoming a fashion designer
○ Makes, designs, and sells clothes. He has a very popular etsy shop
○ Worked retail all through high school and was great at it
○ Has done some professional modeling
○ Huge theater nerd - like she knows tons of stage actors and famous plays by heart.
○ Quotes Shakespeare all the time
○ Has big dreams of being on broadway
○ Wears a lot of crop tops + high waisted shorts and bright colours
○ Took a gap year at the end of high school because she didn’t know what she wanted to do
○ Did a bunch of traveling and has a lot of cheesy tourist photos
○ She insisted Laslow put her in dance lessons as a kid but she could never improve. Like she’s just naturally really bad.
○ Got fired from her first job for standing up to her boss after he was rude to a customer
○ Has like a billion Tumblogs. Her main, an imagine blog, and a few based on her favourite actors and ships.
○ Had a major emo phase through high school and gets really embarrassed when she thinks back to it
○ Writes fanfiction in her notebooks during class tsk
○ The kid who got detention for doodling an ugly, mocking picture of her teacher and getting caught (but Niles wasn’t even mad.)
hi, im new to the preds fanbase so like, idk if youd know but does the team have like, "other" shops outside of the nhl store? like, the pens have a site called steelcity which sells some hockey shirts cheaper and i was wondering if the preds have anything like that?
yes! there are a couple different stores that are both licensed/not licensed by the Preds that sell all kinds of stuff. Some of this you can find in the team store but I will link it anyways:
The Nash Collection has a “SMASH” collection with super cute hats and t-shirts. These are super popular right now.
Threadators sell really cool t-shirts, not officially licensed but you can still tell it’s preds gear.
Fang Fingers has all kinds of tees with funny slogans like “may the Fors be with you.” (get it? like forsberg!)
Project 615 also sells really cool tees and has a Preds/sports collection
You can always check places like Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Academy. Sometimes they have random sales on hockey stuff so check online or in store. One time Dick’s had a flash sale on Winter Classic gear and adults jerseys were marked down to like $75!