How to improve your mental well-being and live your life to the fullest
The more you laugh, the healthier you’ll be. Laughter is one of the most powerful tools we have to alter our daily mood. Nothing works faster in bringing your mind and body back into balance than letting out a loud chuckle. The release of endorphins decreases stress and relaxes your entire body, boosting your overall enjoyment of life. If you’re feeling down and could use more laughing in your life this year, read our ten important reasons to laugh more below.
10 Reasons to Laugh More
1.Smile more. Smiling throughout your day will make you and others feel happier. Make it a point to smile at strangers too - you don’t want to be known as the girl with the resting bitch face.
2. Embrace your laugh. Everyone’s laugh is unique. No matter if your laugh is loud or if people find it annoying, just laugh. The way you laugh is a part of you and you shouldn’t have to change or hold back for anyone.
3. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. People with a sense of humor, who make you laugh and smile, are the best medicine. Life’s short, so don’t waste it by spending time with people who bring you down. Those who laugh will make you laugh.
4. Have a sense of humor. Don’t be a bump on a log. Listen to what people are saying and find the humor in it. Discover your own sense of humor and surround yourself with those things that make you laugh, whatever they may be. From cheesy jokes or dry comedy, everyone’s humor varies.
5. Learn to laugh at yourself.One of the most important things is learning to not take yourself so seriously. Crack yourself up! If you mess up or trip on something, find the humor in your mistakes. As long as you find yourself funny, you’ll be happier and less likely to be depressed.
6. Seek humor every day.Whether it be watching a funny TV show or movie, find something that makes you laugh every day. YouTube is great for funny snippets.
7.Be playful. It’s ok to be silly and act like a child sometimes. As adults, we can forget how to have fun. Run around, tease your loved ones in a playful manner and seize life.
8. Adjust your environment.Your everyday routine can become boring and drab. Liven it up with an uplifting spirit and mood. Surround yourself with things that make your day happier and funnier like humorous photos and quotes or cheerful colors and décor.
9. Laughing burns calories. They say that if you laugh for 10 to 15 minute a day, you’ll burn 10 to 40 calories. Therefore, laughing in general will improve your quality of health in mental and physical ways.
10. Don’t force a laugh.You never know what’s going on in someone’s life, so don’t force them to laugh. Start with a smile and go from there.
Anonymous asked: This is an incredibly dumb question, but I’m tired of racking my brain until I’m afraid to post, could you possibly write a brief explanation on commas? High school had successfully ingrained in my mind that commas are a sin, along with the word ‘said’. To this very day I hesitate on whether a comma is needed, and it severely hinders my ability to enjoy rping.
I am a genuine sinner when it comes to commas. I use commas everywhere. I use commas in my sleep. I’m pretty sure, if God were watching, he’d ask, “What the fuck is with that kid and his commas??? I didn’t make you like this?!?” He did not make me like this, I just came out that way. Originally the issue is a lot of kids do run-on sentences with them so killing commas saved lives. An entire 3 page paper with no periods and 300 commas? That was a thing. If you use commas right though, ain’t no harm to them.
This and “said”, is not a sin. “Said” was considered, for the brief period in which we all went to school, some kind of darkness because REPETITION IS HORRIBLE, but it turns out our brains completely zap it out of our consciousness. Jumps right over it. The bigger stumbling block is coming up with a ton of new ways to say “said”, which can sound fucking stupid, and totally makes conversations glitchy to read. Use “said”, it is a good word. It’s an honest word. It’s a word that works like background noises, sometimes the sound of the fan drives someone nuts, but usually we all just ignore it instead. Someone who doesn’t like fan noises ever existing and wanted to eradicate them eternally, however, yelled about “said” and fucked up an entire generation with a fear they don’t need.