Shallura - In which Allura who smashed down a metal door with brute strength alone, and literally threw the man like a piece of meat? Both are young and forced into situations where they had to grow up before their time which is something they can sympathize and relate to with. Not to mention there’s a lot of things both us and Allura herself have yet to discover about her. Fly Shiro, fly!
Shunk - They’re EQUALLY intelligent and Hunk is confirmed PHYSICALLY STRONGER and if he was more battle smart/fit, could actually wreck Shiro. Hunk would probably be the castle’s reigning arm wrestling champion! People seem to also forget Hunk isn’t a pushover, if something doesn’t seem right to him, he’s going to call shit out on it and would make sure something is done about it.
Shidge - Definitely has a power imbalance, look at this take-no-shit tiny nerd own Shiro on sheer intelligence alone. Pidge made a freaking functional satellite on her own out of random metal scraps just floating in space, and has killed a man Galra. No one is safe, not even Shiro. I think it’s also good to point out that pretty much the majority of Shidge shipper DO NOT ship them at 14 and 25, so don’t give me any of that age shit. If you argue about why people make Pidge so small, fun fact: small people exist!
Sheith - Keith is a one man army, even when he got his arse handed to him by fucking spies with god only knows how much more battle experience under their belts, he’d keep going and fought on sheer tenacity alone and eventually figured his way out. Keith ain’t no delicate flower who’d bend over backwards just because he loves Shiro, the man has proven he’s willing to make sacrifices for the greater good, even if it’s going to hurt.
Shance - Granted it’s a bit hard to find evidence for (we’re only 2 seasons in, there’ll hopefully be more material for it in the future) but Lance has already proven to be very good at improvising and think quick in stressful situations, not to mention he ain’t their sharpshooter for nothing. Plus Lance is known for being a very social creature; he’d be insanely switched on when it comes to relationships, platonic, familial, romantic, or otherwise, and he clearly knows about self care especially from an emotional standpoint.
Can we please stop dismissing these characters quality traits just to shit on ships and treating them as if they were infants? And can we please stop slandering Shiro, the man has never done any abusive thing towards any of his teammates and would never do it willingly *coughcoughKurocoughcough*, and there’s more statements confirming he’s a teen than the supposed 25 so don’t even start. As I said, we’re only 2/8 seasons into the story, which means everyone on team Voltron is going to get development and grow in both their skills and as people; 6 more seasons of watching this group become terrifying forces of nature.
And if anything, if you want to protect anyone it should be this poor 4/5 year old. Baby’s been though enough already.
Pugs: adorable…little hell spawns that are impossible to restrain during a toenail trim
Labs: adorable idiots that shed like a mother
Chihuahuas: land shark
Boxers: the best sad puppy eyes EVER
Cockers: the worst ears EVER
Shar Pei: hives…I am breaking out in hives
Golden Retriever: cancer
Cavaliers: heart disease…:(
Shi Tzu: always look scared and surprised… at the same time
Bulldogs: a genetic nightmare
Huskies: too sensitive to function
Salukies: skinny…so freaking skinny
Border Collie: watching you…always watching you
Heelers: shy and a bit sketchy
Great Danes: giant babies
Malamute: giant babies who scream
Dachshund: Will bite and desperately in need of a middle set of legs
Jack Russels: soo much energy
Saint Bernard: floor mat
Mastif: drool…drool everywhere
In this bright new year, we offer you the following advice for functional freaks from John Waters, excerpted from his memoir Role Models.
1. I’m a fascist about my work habits and I expect you to be, too. Never have a spontaneous moment in your life again. If you’re going to have a hangover, it should be scheduled on your calendar months in advance. Rigid enjoyment of planning can get you high. Militant time-management will enable you to ignore how maladjusted you would be if you had the time to notice it in the first place. Discipline is not anal compulsion; it’s a lifestyle that breeds power.
2. For all the neurotics who may have felt a little blue one day and were unfairly diagnosed and overly medicated before they could even try to talk out their problems, I have some advice. It’s appropriate to be depressed sometimes. Who wants to be “even” day after day? If you just killed three people in a DWI accident, you should feel bad. If your whole family molested you in a giant basket on Easter morning, you have a right to be grumpy every once in a while. But feeling down can make you feel up if you’re the creative type. The emotional damage may have already been done to you, but stop whining. Use your insanity to get ahead.
3. You should never just read for “enjoyment.’” Read to make yourself smarter! Less judgmental. More apt to understand your friends’ insane behavior; or better yet, your own. Pick “hard books.” Ones you have to concentrate on while reading. And for God’s sake, don’t let me ever hear you say, “I can’t read fiction. I only have time for the truth.” Fiction is the truth, fool! Ever hear of “literature”? That means fiction, too, stupid.
4. Parents should understand that their young kids are not like them and need to have the privacy to fantasize both their good and bad desires. What you may find shocking about the perverse behavior of your child may not even be remembered by your offspring later in life. But what you may pooh-pooh as their silly young fears can be more debilitating to your children than you will ever imagine.
5. Everybody has his or her “love map,” as the late, great, sadly discredited Baltimore sexologist John Money once called our predetermined sexual types. And we can never really change our love maps, but we can learn to see them coming. A healthy neurotic knows his type can and probably will bring emotional trouble combined with a powerful sexual wallop. But we can see, through effective therapy, that we have a choice. Yes, our love maps may be bad for us, but WOW! I won’t find this kind of sex in a healthy relationship. So is it worth it? If it is, yes, you are fucked-up, but as long as you choose it, you are also neurotically happy.
6. You don’t need fashion designers when you are young. Have faith in your own bad taste. Buy the cheapest thing in your local thrift shop — the clothes that are freshly out of style with even the hippest people a few years older than you. Get on the fashion nerves of your peers, not your parents — that is the key to fashion leadership. Ill-fitting is always stylish. But be more creative — wear your clothes inside out, backward, upside down. Throw bleach in a load of colored laundry. Follow the exact opposite of the dry cleaning instructions inside the clothes that cost the most in your thrift shop. Don’t wear jewelry — stick Band-Aids on your wrists or make a necklace out of them. Wear Scotch tape on the side of your face like a bad face-life attempt. Mismatch your shoes. Best yet, do as Mink Stole used to do: go to the thrift store the day after Halloween, when the children’s trick-or-treat costumes are on sale, buy one, and wear it as your uniform of defiance.
7. Nobody has to meet Tennessee Williams; all you have to do is reread his work. Listening to what he has to say could save your life, too.
Me, taking over an entire bio project over the weekend: is this because I’m overworking myself and don’t trust my team mates, or bc they are incompetent towards actually working for the aesthetic appeal of a project
I’ve seen a lot of unusual Novakid around lately. They’re pretty darn cool ^.^ It gave me a weird idea…
What if protokid are really impressionable? Novakid that experience that stage of life around humans or other Novakid often turn out as a standard “vanilla” Novakid. But if they’re raised near Floran, maybe their coronas will be a bit more foliage-like or their hands distinctly clawed when their form finally settles. Protokid in a Hylotl village? Cultivator help them both I mean… Maybe their hands are webbed? They might also have less of an aversion to water, though that’s not very safe for them… Those who encounter a lot of Apex while they’re still a protokid could end up a lot taller than average and have a distinctly “furred” texture to their plasma shells and mane-like coronas, while Novakid raised around Avians may seem feathered or have birdlike crests. If they’re around Stargazers in full costume often enough, they may even develop non-functional but still freaking awesome wings when they settle (because no guarantees the baby protokid can tell the difference between the Avian’s body and the costume wings the higher up Stargazers wear).
And that’s not even starting to take into account the less humanoid races that are bound to be out there.
TL;DR: What if the Novakid philosophy of “that looks cool, I want to try that” and filling in the blanks applies to them as well as their tech?
I wish I could explain sensory issues to those who don’t have them.
It’s a nightmare. It doesn’t help that most people don’t even know such thing exists, so they just keep being loud or touching me all of a sudden or making rooms brighter.
I’m particularly hypersensitive to sounds. This means I need to be in a quiet environment most of the time, or I lose the ability to function, or I just freak out. Sometimes it’s so bad I lose the ability to talk (aka “going non verbal”). When I was a child, I cried a lot at school because of these issues. Nobody knew why.
Now, when it happens, I might get angry, lash out at people or simply freeze without being able to do things including talking, listening, communicating in general.
It’s not cute or cool or funny. It’s very bad and exhausting for me. I need to buy noise cancelling headphones to minimize pain. I use very good sunglasses for the light, even indoors if necessary. And I try to avoid touching things that could bother me.
I experience the world in an amplified way and it’s pure hell. There is no cure for this, I can only explain things to people around me and do whatever I can to minimize physical pain.
If you think about it though, there's really no way to deny the existence of the supernatural. I honestly don't think it's a science vs. faith thing. I'd say to either believe or deny the supernatural would require at least some amount of faith. In fact, the only way you could probably put a complete lack of faith into this would be if you were to say, "I don't know, and I don't care" and be totally indifferent about it. The human brain is extremely infantile compared to the universe and there's probably tons of stuff we'll never even know because our brains simply lack the ability to comprehend them.
Aw man, isn't it cool to think about the avenue of possibilities though? Like, what would a spiritual realm even look like anyway? And if some kind of higher deity created our world, why would he (or she) stop there? I mean, there has to be other intelligent life out there in the universe. And there's no way we can really prove that alternate universes don't exist either. What if everything in life is like a mix of predetermined destiny and freewill, and every time we make a decision, new alternate worlds are created to compensate for the decisions we DIDN'T make? Heck, what if human ideas all exist in some literal form somewhere? I know it's rather abstract, but literally anything within the scope of the unknown is possible.
Hey, guys? Can we think about this later? I just stumbled across this old television series from our childhood and someone uploaded all the episodes to Youtube. I'm kind of in the mood tonight to just consume an unhealthy amount of caffeine and go on a huge nostalgia binge.
No. NO! We can't do that tonight. Remember that old friend who stopped being our friend a while ago? Well HE MESSAGED US AGAIN. He still thinks we hate him! Oh my god. OH MY GOD. He's right though. Sometimes we do act really aloof and keep to ourselves too much. Is that okay? Is it okay to seclude ourselves like this for too long? Oh man, no. NO. We're hurting everyone we care about. This is not okay! We have to let everyone know we still care about them! Quick, what do you say when you want to tell someone you care about them but you want to sound genuine? We can't mess this up again! WE CAN'T. I don't know what to say to console this person AND I'M KIND OF FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.
Lutece twins post “death” messing with Comstock and Fink. Like being in the background of social functions, freaking out the general public, leaving messages written in steam on the bathroom mirror, fucking in their beds.
Hilarious Lutece shenanigans.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SAY “ASEXUAL” (AS IN THE SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NOT AMOEBAS) IN FRENCH? BECAUSE I KEEP GETTING STUPID ASSIGNMENTS THAT ARE PRETTY MUCH UNDOABLE BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE ALLOSEXUAL-/ALLOROMANTICNORMATIVITY AND I CAN’T FIND ANYTHING ANYWHERE AND I’M REALLY FRUSTRATED AND AHH SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE