PSA: Toggled Abilities & Drain
Toggled Abilities have slowly made their way across multiple Warframe Abilities, ranging from a continual zone of AoE damage to more passive healing and crowd control for teammates.
Many of these Abilities are fun for a specific style of play but optimizing these Abilities came at a cost. Using Mods that reduced Duration would often make other abilities worse simply to improve one.
The following adjustments have been made to Abilities that can toggle on or off with the intention of making every Ability more rewarding to use in a wider range of scenarios. We will continue to monitor the balance of all Toggled Abilities after launch.
- Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.
- For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain.
- Drain-Per-Second and other adjustments has been made on the following Toggled Abilities:
- Chroma’s Spectral Scream now drains 3 Energy.
- Ember’s World on Fire now drains 3 Energy and has had its maximum duration removed.
- Equinox’s Rest & Rage has had its base range doubled.
- Hydroid can now recast Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm with no cooldown.
- Nyx’s Chaos no longer has a cooldown, and enemies affected by Chaos cannot be stunned by additional casts.