This summer 2017 is probably the happiest summer I’ve had in ages because well, it had the most adventures and secondly, it was spent with my family. Right after my cousins arrived in Davao from Manila, we immediately prepared our things and travelled to Surigao Del Sur, even though they were straight fresh from the airport. We ain’t wasting any time hahahaha! About 3pm, I came home from school (I had to start my clearance), and they were already waiting for me and for our vehicle to arrive. We rented a van. Few minutes passed, we were already on our way to Surigao Del Sur. On the way, I really didn’t want to sleep because I wasn’t going to miss out any beautiful views. We don’t always travel this far by land, so I’m not going to miss my chances. Then I realized we were to sit on a van for at least 8 hours so I need to get some rest.
After about seven hours and so, we already had a stopped over to eat, we arrived at the resort, Mac Arthur’s Place. We settled, had dinner and went to bed. 8 hours, what a travel, right?
The next morning, we woke up at 6 am to have breakfast. We then proceeded to the island hopping! It’s my first time, if that’s shocking for you hahahahaha! I already forgot the names of the islands but there were 4 of them. I remember one of them was called Naked Island because it didn’t have trees. It was just sand.
The weather was perfect for island hopping. It was about to rain and so it looked like the clouds were following us. We could see it was raining on the other side and it was heading on our direction.
I also got to taste some kind of sea urchin. I wasn’t going to in the first place but my mom insisted, “Minsan lang ‘to. Try mo na, baka pagsisihan mo pa.” So yeah, I tasted a bit. It was salty but I think that’s because they washed it with ocean water. Overall, I wouldn’t taste it again HAHAHAHA!
After those 4 small islands and after hundreds of pictures, we headed back to the resort to check out. We were on the road again on the way to the famous Enchanted River (6th photo). It was enchanting, of course. It has a crystal clear water. You can see the bottom clearly and the fishes swimming around you.
Then we rode to Tinuy-an falls. We sure did made our time in Surigao worthwhile. My tanline sure is worth it hahahaha! Gahd I never realized how light my skin used to be, now it’s about 2 tones darker HAHAHAHAHA.
Surigao is indeed one of the wonders of the Philippines. It was worth the 8 hours of travelling by land. You all should visit sometime soon! Especially the Enchanted River! I witnessed its beauty with my own eye, and I’m happy to have the opportunity to do so.
Request: Can I have a Archie Andrews imagine asap? Where the reader is his ex and she comes back to riverdale after the summer and is best friend with b, v, and jug and arch still likes her and she still likes him. Anyway she finds out that he is with ms grundy and she says he need to figure out what he is doing with his life. You can figure out how it ends thanks xx
1. Take days off. You’re young only once. Don’t spend most of it working. Don’t be afraid to go on vacation even if that means camping in your backyard. Take time to clear your head away from friends and work.
2. Don’t stress about sleep. You’ll make up for it, you’ll find the time. Enjoy your nights. You’ll probably look back on them.
3. Don’t hold onto company that doesn’t make you feel good about yourself. Be around people that find you funny and genuinely enjoy being around you. The people who don’t won’t change even if you will.
4. Take the time to explore. Be outside. Walk in the city. Alone. Explore yourself. Smile at everyone that walks by.
5. Be loud. Internally or externally or both. Smile wide and brush everything off. You have 4 months to not be stressed about anything so spend it being the best you.
6. Go to concerts. Don’t say no to plans. Go out. Talk to new people. Be friendly. You’ll never regret meeting new people and making good connections.
7. Spend nights with the windows open and the wind pushing in, listen to the thunderstorms and enjoy your hobbies, draw, sing, dance, teach yourself new things, spend time on you. Whatever you love doing, drown yourself in it.
8. Talk and talk and talk and talk and find someone to talk to. Talk about how you feel and about all your demons and all your sunflowers. Expose yourself to a person, be soft with someone. I did this with my best friend and never in my entire life will I regret the bumps and shakes and squeals that came from my voice as she listened.
9. Don’t waste time, not even a second on people that don’t respect you. You never deserve to be put down, yelled at, told what to do or to be treated as less than you are. If he tells you what to do, turn around and walk fast away.
10. Mostly just try to be happy and do whatever you have to do to get there because you have the time to focus on you and all the things that make you tick.