Last Christmas, I was looking for some recipe to bake.
I don’t really like those Christmas fruit cakes but I would love to make this cake every Christmas.
Another recipe from Happy Home Baking :)
- 100g butter, soften, room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 50g plain yogurt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500g fruits tossed with 2 tablespoon sugar ( Unless they are from cans, like canned peaches)
- Icing sugar
- Slice your fruits and toss in sugar, for canned fruits, wash with water to remove the syrup and do not toss in sugar.
- Cream butter and sugar and yogurt till light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixture will look slightly curdled.
- Mix in vanilla and zest.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into the mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch round pan.
- Arrange fruits however your want on top of the batter ( Do not press down)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 60 - 70 mins and cover the tin with foil for the last 15 min to prevent the top from getting too brown.
- Remove from oven when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for 10 mins before you unmould and cool on a cooling rack.
- Sift icing sugar over the cake when it is completely cooled and serve :)
This cake is so yummy! Another must try :)