This hurricane has officially hit a category 5. To give you an idea of the strength of this storm:
Harvey was a category 4.
Katrina and Andrew were a category 5 and Irma is at the moment is stronger than both of them.
This hurricane is going to cause absolute destruction when it hits. Puerto Rico (especially this beautiful isla) Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic and Florida are all in it’s path. Here’s a checklist if you can afford these supplies.
Bottled Water- a week’s supply minimum (One gallon daily per person)
Non perishable items that don’t require cooking ( Tuna, nuts, fruit cups, Cereal bars, peanut butter, crackers, dried fruits, canned vegetables, chili)
Dry pet food
Powdered or canned milk
Manual can opener
Baby wipes ( this will make a great alternative for showers)
Batteries ( AAA, AA, 6V, C, and D)
Flash lights (if you have manual ones even better)
Battery powered radio
5 gallons of gas
Tampons and pads
Portable phone charger fully charged)
Sand bags (redirects water and debris flow)
First aid kit
Rain gear - Ponchos, boots. (avoid umbrellas)
Documentation / Legal End
A closed water proof sealed container
Take pictures and send them to yourself in an email of the following: Drivers License, photo ID, social security numbers, medical insurance cards (of each person)
Take photos of everything! Insurance companies are not your friends. Email everything to yourself.
If you have young children and they are able to make sure they memorize your name, address, and phone number
Before the hurricane hits fill up the bath tubs in your house (extra water for flushing the toilet)
Bring any ornaments from outside inside
Board your windows
Have a secure room that you an pile everyone ( has to have no windows)
if you have any questions message me. Keep safe mi gente xx
• if you have sensitive skin, avoid foaming cleansers that act as astringets!! lemon and witch hazel cleansers are going to tear your shit up and leave your skin thinner and fucked. go with aloe and natural ingredients for better results, no problemo bih 👊
• that drink 8 cups or 64oz don’t work for me. makes a bitch too damn full!! work your way from soda and sugary drinks like juice and take it step by step. but let’s be honest, everyone drinks it, so don’t beat yourself up about it, drink what you want. if you aim to decrease the amount of soda/juice, always go back to the basics: a big ol’ cup of water. consume the amount of water that goes hand in hand with your weight, not just out of the blue 5-6 cups. a good alternative is putting fruit in your water if you don’t like the taste. or, you can always flavor it! 🌟
• don’t go too all out on those lip scrubs! if you do it too often, such as four times a week, your lips are going to get drier, crustier, and feel stripped and thin. we’ve all been there! exfoliate 1-2x a week to avoid this. however, chapstick does the job too 💋
• mix avocado oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and aloe vera gel and dilute the oils with water and pour it into a spray bottle. this is crucial as a detangler and a boost to the hair. makes it all soft and shit 👏 unfortunately, it’s a bit pricey, so you can always look for sales or discounts online!
• rose hip oil softens lips 💞
• lips are what everybody looks at. do you want them looking chapped asf?! invest in a lip mask. slather on organic manuka honey that is unrefined for 10 minutes, and then wash off with warm water or a washcloth👍
• dandelion root tea is a good substitute for coffee, but coffee’s good too, so just indulge in both!☕
• most of us stay up long into the mornings, which probably makes us wake up with dark circles and eye bags. don’t fret! to nix puffiness, dampen a washcloth with ice cold water and leave it on your eyes and under them for 3-5 minutes. if this is in morning, it can also help you wake up! if you’re looking to treat yourself, invest in some eye patches! 👼
• rose water is a GREAT toner! once you dab it on your face with a cotton ball, you immediately feel refreshed and ready to start your day 💪 teddie organics has a mist on sale for $10.88! it’s on amazon.
• applying sunscreen is essential to protect your skin from those nasty uv rays. but some forget their hair! if you get a sunburn on your scalp, it will hurt like HELL 🔥use spray sunscreen specialized for hair and slightly mist your hairline to avoid it. use a heat protectant like argan oil if you a broke hoe like me 💯 stack up!
on another note, don’t trust hair products with supposed uv filters. those only protect your hair color, not your actual hair!
• washing your hair, it’s better to wash it first with hot/warm water and then do the second wash with cold water to close up and seal moisture into the hair follicles! 4c hair especially needs this 👱
• hair products with OIL, PLASTICIZERS, and SILICONES will definitely clog your pores if they get on your skin and will leave your ass at square 1!! avoid that.
• yogurt and miso soup are probiotics that help fasten metabolism and hold moisture in your skin! 😇 that’s why yogurt face masks are bomb and every person should try them :)
• if you live in new york, atlanta, etc., you are bound to pollution. that’s why it’s always good to wash your face before bed to get rid of pollutant particles that will clog pores. afterwards, apply an antioxidant serum and a good moisturizer! lean towards products with white tea, green tea, and vitamin c to make the ultimate pore-cleansing mask! it’ll leave your skin feeling clean and make it glow 🌟🌟
• deep condition your hair 1-2 times a week or every two weeks!! it’s intense and has your hair feeling silky smooth. avocado, mayo, honey, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil mixture is my go-to, and my curls have blossomed! if you buy a deep conditioner from the store, make sure it’s water based and is sulfate free and paraben free (shea moisture and as i am are superb for beard cleansers as well!)👸💋
• go barefaced. prove to misogynistic assholes that makeup does not define a person’s beauty or attractiveness nor their personality. embrace your flaws and remain imperfect to society, because you are the one who knows that you are perfect 💋👏👏
• be yourself, work hard, and recognize your fucking worth 💕💕💕
• btw, honey ain’t shit if it’s not organic and raw. coconut oil ain’t shit for the hair or skin if it’s not unrefined, organic, and virgin (extra virgin is even better)! essential oil like tea tree oil that helps as acne treatments are skin-thinners if you don’t dilute them with water or a different substance. rose water ain’t shit if it’s not organic and 100% pure 😑😢
invest in your skincare/lifestyle! go online and dig for the right prices and take them before they’re all gone!
for when you still want to work a little magic into your day and feel healthy af too. smoothies! here’s just a couple of suggestions with fruits and their correspondences, but you can totally come up with your own ideas!
for all recipes, chop, cube, or slice all fresh ingredients. freeze and chill respective ingredients before blending!feel free to add your favorite herbs and other ingredients you love to your potions!
for love, purification, and new beginnings 🍇 🍉
1 cup frozen blueberries 1 cup frozen raspberries 2 cups cubed watermelon
for familial love, prosperity, and protection
2 tbsp. rolled oats ½ milk or substitute 1 frozen banana
for fortune, friendship, and wealth 🍓 🍃
½ cup frozen strawberries 1 cup milk or substitute ½ cup kale or spinach
for beauty, divination, and love 🍌🍊
½ frozen banana ½ cup orange juice ½ cup greek yogurt
for nurturing, prosperity, and protection 🍈🍌
½ medium avocado 1 frozen banana 1 cup milk or substitute
for fortune, friendship, purification, and cleansing 🍓🍈
½ cup frozen strawberries ½ milk of choice ½ cup coconut flakes
for nurturing, prosperity, chastity, and fertility 🍌🍊
1 frozen banana 1 cup milk or substitute 2 tbsp lime juice
for luck, wealth, and chastity
¾ cup frozen pineapple chunks ¾ cup coconut milk ½ frozen banana
for fortune, friendship, and love
1 frozen banana 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries ½ cup milk of choice
Here are some fruit factoids that will help you to stay healthy while restricting. Stay safe, ladies and gentlemen. ♥
Grapefruit 🍊: one of the healthiest citrus fruits, high in vitamins, minerals and is known to aid in weightloss and reduces insulin levels. 110 calories in 1 grapefruit.
Pineapple🍍: nutritional superstar, Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and manganese. Its bromelain content may fight inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer. 82 calories in 1 cup.
Avacado 🥑: low in carbs, high in potassium. Avocados are rich in healthy fats and potassium, both of which are well known for their role in promoting heart health. 240 calories in 1 Avacado.
Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in a few important nutrients. They have a high antioxidant capacity and immune-enhancing properties, which may protect the body from illness.
Apple 🍎: Apples are very nutritious. Their nutrients, antioxidants and fiber may reduce the risk of disease, improve digestion and metabolic rate. 95 calories in 1 medium apple.
Pomegranate: Pomegranates have wide-ranging health benefits. They are incredibly high in antioxidants and other plant compounds that can help reduce inflammation and prevent disease. 144 calories in 1 cup.
Mango: Mangoes are rich in vitamin C and soluble fiber. They also contain plant compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. 200 calories in 1 fruit.
Strawberries🍓: Rich in several nutrients and antioxidants. Eating them may help control your blood sugar levels and reduce your risk of some diseases. 4 calories each.
Cranberries: Rich in several nutrients and antioxidants. They also contain beneficial plant compounds that help prevent urinary tract infections. 46 calories in 1 cup.
Lemons 🍋: Rich in vitamin C and other plant compounds that may promote heart health, boost weight loss and help prevent kidney stones. 17 calories in 1 fruit.
Durian: Rich in nutrients and plant compounds that can provide some promising health benefits. 350 calories in 1 cup.
Watermelon: High in water, nutrients and antioxidants. It is also particularly high in a powerful antioxidant called lycopene. 47 calories in 1 cup.
Olives: provide a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These may reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis. 4 calories per olive.
Blackberries: are a good source of many nutrients and beneficial plant compounds. Their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties may lower the risk of chronic disease. 62 calories in 1 cup.
Oranges🍊: containing some important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These may reduce the risk of several conditions such as kidney stones and anemia. 45 calories in 1 small fruit.
Bananas🍌: provide several nutrients and plant compounds, including resistant starch and pectin. Bananas can have benefits for exercise, blood sugar control and digestive health. 95 calories in one medium banana.
Red and purple grapes 🍇: Rich in nutrients and other plant compounds that can decrease inflammation and lower your risk of disease. 105 calories in 1 cup.
Guava: High in vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. It may reduce inflammation and help prevent certain cancers. 38 calories per fruit.
Papaya: Nutrient dense and rich in antioxidants. Eating it may reduce your risk of cancer and improve digestion. 67 calories per fruit.
Cherries🍒: Rich in nutrients and antioxidants. They also contain melatonin, which may improve the quality of your sleep. 77 calories per cup.
This will be my first post on places to get inexpensive items for you!
DOLLAR TREE!!! I can not explain my love for this store to be honest. Now it may be an obvious store for budget friendly people but I know many people may not think about going there for items for your altar, spells, etc but it is my go to place for all of my items! I will list below all of my favorite items you can get from there! Also they always get in new items all the time so I go quite frequently to see what I can pick up! And of course everything is $1 so to be honest it can’t get any better than that!
SALTS: 2lb boxes of sea salt, regular table salt, and they will even sometimes have pink Himalayan sea salt! Do I even have to mention why this is useful? Well I will anyway! Salt is like the boss of protection and purification. Use it in baths, spells, throw it around the house to keep negative things out, use it when you cast circles, etc. Salt is the bomb I my opinion. And why not get a huge box of it for $1?
SPICES AND HERBS: they have amazing spices to be honest. (Not just to use for cooking which I do) but they have cinnamon, parsley, ground sage, Basil, oregano, ground cloves, All spice, Ginger, etc. You can use these in jar spells, dream sachets, cooking spells, etc. They are fantastic especially for beginner witches who don’t want to spend tons on dried herbs or can’t find them locally outside in the wild or like those who live in a big city far from lots of nature where it’s hard to grow them yourself… Or for those who don’t have as much of a green thumb!
CANDLES!!! : THIS is one of my favorite sections at the dollar tree. You can probably get a better deal for bulk tea light candles somewhere else like Walmart but the dollar tree has amazing tall pillar candles, Scented candles, cute jar candles, Mason jar candles which obviously you can re-use for spells or storage! They have candles in different colors as well! For those who don’t like much flame they have great battery operated candles as well!
GLASS CONTAINERS AND JARS: THEY HAVE SO MANY GLASS OPTIONS! I love finding glass bowls, jars, vases, cups, etc you name it. All can be used for your altar for decor, spell work, collecting water, mixing stuff in, and anything else your little witchy heart desires to use for a glass container!
FOOD ITEMS: *PLEASE be aware to look at expiration dates and read labels. In my experience I’ve had no negative ones as of yet and I’m very sensitive to food and such* I Love getting my baking soda, sugar for offerings or spell jars, candies for offerings, sweets for the fae, jelly (I love their preserves they are delicious! The strawberry and raspberry ones are a house staple), Crackers, unsweetened apple sauce (it’s fantastic), teas (LOVEEEE THE TEAS they have fruit teas, camomile tea, green tea, black tea, and more) these are fabulous to use in spell work or just to drink, and mainly anything a kitchen witch or just a witch in general wants to use for offerings. *I do not advise on getting any meat or dairy products for obvious reasons. Though their vegan spring rolls are my go-to and the dark chocolate covered banana slices are also amazing in the freezer section along with their frozen fruit and vegetables I always make sure to get the ones grown in the USA. *
Fruit infuser tumbler cups! Need I say more?
CRAFT SUPPLIES: GLITTER, PENS, PENCILS, STICKERS, TAPE, FLORAL WIRE, FAKE FLOWERS, WREATH WIRE, FLORAL FOAM, WOODEN DOWELS, GLUE, ROCKS, SHELLS, SAND, YOU NAME IT ITS ALL THERE!!!! Anything you could possibly need for your journal, spell books, spells, etc. Everything is there!
BATH SUPPLIES: GLAMOUR, RESTORATING, AND SELF LOVE BATHS HELLO! they sell Epsom salt, good bubble baths, bath loofas, scrubs, soaps, anything your heart would want for a bath spell! I love getting my favorite brown sugar vanilla bath soap mix it with some Epsom salt and sea salt throw in some green or black tea and have myself a self love and clearing bath!
There are a lot more wonderful things that can be found at your local dollar tree! Those are all the top categories that came to my mind. Next blog post will be on online websites that have inexpensive things for my lovely witches out there! Sending blessings to you all!